PDA

View Full Version : home depot door cards

ShawnM
03-06-2015, 07:15 PM
i love diy stuff. when i got my car my drivers door card was trash , i liked the look of aluminum door cards anyway but didn't like the online price! i then started to think of ways to make my own. this is the process.

i used tin snips to cut the shape out.
i used self tapping screws and brass washers to mount it. if you like tho you could use the stock clips.

its pretty simple to do. use your stock door card to trace the outline onto the aluminum , then cut it out. its simple but all you need is drill bits, drill , aluminum , stock door cards and self tappers.

ShawnM
03-06-2015, 07:23 PM
for my door pulls i went to the fabric store and got strap material and a little kit that had a punch, base plate and the rings pictured. i wish i could remember what it was called.

i then cut the strap to length and used a lighter to keep the ends from splitting!
i cut a hole to hammer in the insert and then used the lighter again.
after that i used the punch and base to install the insert and then it was on to the next one!

ShawnM
03-06-2015, 07:25 PM
i wanted to delete the arm rest so. i used the top bolt on the arm rest to bolt the door pull to the door. then i cut a slit in the aluminum to slid the door pull thru. and that was that. on to the other side !

Agent☣Orange
03-06-2015, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the writeup and picts! Pretty cool idea! Not related but I need a piece of metal between the top of my stainless steel stove and the stainless steel microwave mounted above but I didn't know Home Depot sold sheets like that.

ShawnM
03-06-2015, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the writeup and picts! Pretty cool idea! Not related but I need a piece of metal between the top of my stainless steel stove and the stainless steel microwave mounted above but I didn't know Home Depot sold sheets like that.
yea man. its in the hard ware section! they have a verity of size and thickness!
but sense we are talking about our homes , i made this awesome table from beer caps and wooden crates :slayer:

when your drinking you can play tic tac toe

ShawnM
03-06-2015, 07:42 PM
i think i have an addiction to diy:sweat: and drinking :cheers: oh well haha