PDA

View Full Version : Some new parts from Nakamae (fitted) and RS Products.

Madaboutmx5s
04-13-2015, 01:23 PM
A few more parts arrived from Japan today. These were some Nakamae quilted transmission tunnel covers and side step covers the silver roadster and some RS Product heater control panels x2 (one for the black roadster and one for the corns roadster) plus some black RS Product heater control knobs for the corns roadster.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn216/madaboutmx5s/P1010604_zpso0xbdkhm.jpg
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn216/madaboutmx5s/P1010603_zpsu3xpwicr.jpg

The heater panels and heater control knobs will have to wait to the weekend at the earliest to be fitted but I did get the Nakamae parts fitted this evening in the silver roadster.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn216/madaboutmx5s/13.04.2015%201_zpsno6pnyyt.jpg
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn216/madaboutmx5s/13.04.2015%202_zpsmrbarsw9.jpg

Main reason my silver roadster has been seeing a bit more love and will soon be taxed and put back on the road from a winter hibernation. Having done quite a bit to the interior of my black roadster I got in the silver roadster and it felt a bit of a let down and not to the same finish as the interior in the black roadster. Therefore last month I invested in the Zoom Engineering door pulls and centre console while this month have invested in Nakamae black quilted transmission tunnel and side step covers. Happy with the result and now starting to feel this interior is less behind the black roadster but a interesting different take.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn216/madaboutmx5s/nakamae%20transmission%20tunnel%201_zpspj1hh2lx.jp g
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn216/madaboutmx5s/nakamae%20transmission%20tunnel%202_zpsf3ml99e9.jp g

Phatmiata
04-13-2015, 02:01 PM
Looks great!!! Love what you did with the Zoom Console, is that also a Zoom Rear view mirror? I have the KG Works but I kinda like how chubby the Zoom looks on yours. Yours is mounted on the glass or the roof frame?

Martin
04-13-2015, 02:01 PM
I love the quilted parts, very nice.

Is that shifter bent forward? The other bent shifters I've seen have been bent toward the driver.

Vegard
04-13-2015, 02:41 PM
There's not a single stock piece visible on your car, in a good way. So many nice parts, and in this case the total package is badass.

Madaboutmx5s
04-13-2015, 02:49 PM
Looks great!!! Love what you did with the Zoom Console, is that also a Zoom Rear view mirror? I have the KG Works but I kinda like how chubby the Zoom looks on yours. Yours is mounted on the glass or the roof frame?

Thanks Randy. Yeah I had the Nakame Vintage console before in the car for around 7 years but decided I need to take it a different route so fitted the Zoom Engineering centre console, Door Pulls, Nakamae seat belt retainer covers. That then confirm the next thought process for the Nakamae quilted transmission cover and side step parts. The mirror is a Zoom Engineering rear view mirror. I have the KG Works mirror in the black roadster and the Zoom Engineering carbon monaco mirror in the Corns roadster. The Zoom Engineering mirror in mine is roof mounted but they do version that can be glass mounted.

I love the quilted parts, very nice.

Is that shifter bent forward? The other bent shifters I've seen have been bent toward the driver.

Thanks Martin. I like the Nakamae parts as they are very 'plug and play' nice fitment, etc. The shifer from was Bill at Miataroadster ages ago and is mated with a IL Motorsport short shifter. All in all creates a wonderful feel under gear change with the heavy Zoom Engineering gear knob. I used to have the bent shifter backwards but maybe I am odd but changed to be bent forwards which I preferred.

mx54life
04-13-2015, 04:52 PM
Headlights are to die for. 2 years of surfing Yahoo.jp and I never seen a set for sale :-(

atank
04-13-2015, 06:15 PM
The whole Roadster is very Nice!

Phatmiata
04-13-2015, 09:08 PM
Headlights are to die for. 2 years of surfing Yahoo.jp and I never seen a set for sale :-(

Only seen those show up for sale on the used market twice since 2004ish.

Madaboutmx5s
04-14-2015, 01:39 AM
There's not a single stock piece visible on your car, in a good way. So many nice parts, and in this case the total package is badass.

Thanks mate. I'm a fan of your red car and the work you have done to it so appreciate the comments. The silver car I have owned since 2007 and it's been nice to use some of my ideas and experiences from the black roadster build to freshen up and bring new ideas to the interior of the silver car.

Yeah I am glad I bought them. They came up for sale about 3 years ago now. They were on a bog standard eunos roadster outside North London. The guy had advertised the car on eBay.uk but got lots of interest in the headlights and soon realised what they were so advertised them seperately. I paid I think £450 for them which is quite a bit for a set of headlights.

The whole Roadster is very Nice!

Thanks mate. Hope your having fun with your roadster? Always looks super clean.

Yeah I've never seen any other sets of these lights up for sale and even on Minkara have not come across any other examples on modified roadsters.

Rogue
04-14-2015, 02:11 AM
Too bad someone hasn't reverse engineered them….

mx54life
04-14-2015, 06:42 AM
Madaboutmx5s you should look into this^^^

I don't think these aftermarket stuff have copyrights. A set of HID projectors will make this an efficient upgrade.

Look a GV taillight group buy I believe made over 50 sets not too long ago. So properly orchestrated it will be worth it. The 450 euro you paid for is steal IMO, I just paid $600 shipped on a set of Beloff headlights.

Or Phatmiata can contact his friend Greg in the Philippines who has a set of this and have this reproduced?

fwdtamiya
04-16-2015, 02:13 PM
I think most people do not want to see replicas on every other miata of something they spent years trying to track down.

Vegard
04-16-2015, 02:54 PM
Amen

Phatmiata
04-16-2015, 04:09 PM
Madaboutmx5s you should look into this^^^

I don't think these aftermarket stuff have copyrights. A set of HID projectors will make this an efficient upgrade

Me no likey knockoffs, the originals cost 120000¥+ new 20 years ago.

Brainstorm was the closest version if you want the same "look" and they got in trouble with the designer back then for ordering a set and copying the buckets and lids