PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new seats. (96 MX5)

Dmndking
05-09-2015, 01:46 AM
Hey,

So I am in desperate need of some new seats, any suggestions on where to go?

TNRooster3
05-09-2015, 10:06 AM
I have owned 3 Miatas and the 1996 that I own now was fitted with seats from a 1995 M edition and are very, very good, but also very very rare, if I am correct only 3500 were made. Some folks from my miata club that have sat in my car talk about how comfortable the seats are and want to change their seats in their NAs. I'd look for some seats from a '95 M edition but they may cost a bit if the seller knows what they are.

Bruce
05-09-2015, 02:30 PM
I strongly recommend sitting in any seat before you make the decision to go in that direction. It can be an expensive and enormously aggravating experience not to do so. While there may be generally help opinions about which seats are more comfortable, supportive-whatever--it only matters what YOU think.

For example, many people like the original NA seat. I hate them. Bottom rear cushion is too flat for me and not enough lumbar support.

So, before you hunt down any particular seat, find one that you can actually try out. JMHO.

Phatmiata
05-09-2015, 02:34 PM
Post your location and an ad in the wanted to buy section of what you are looking for. I have some NA seats right now but not selling just yet. I might keep them if my butt does not agree with the racing seats I have.