PDA

View Full Version : [2000] Weather Stripping Help

chucknorrisinator
05-24-2015, 01:06 AM
Hey guys!

I have a significant wind noise/rain drippage issue. The wind noise comes from the seal at the top of the windshield and the rain comes from above the driver's and passenger's side windows. Looking for parts for this is confusing me. Can someone point me in the right direction (or just tell me what to do, that's cool too)?

Thanks!

Malibu Q
05-24-2015, 01:45 AM
Noise at top of screen is most probably the soft top latches require adjusting. There is a hex adjuster inside the latch with a plastic lock which you will have to move aside to adjust. This will tighten or loosen the clamping force. Any more adjustment you'll have to use a torx bit to undo the latch reciever.

On the doors, look at the window, if it doesn't go high enough, you'll have to take off the door panels and adjust the two window stops a bit higher. They're 10mm at the top of the door on the inside.
If the height seems okay and they're sitting out a bit at the top, undo the 14mm bolts on the bottom of the door and adjust the bottom of the window rails outward a bit.

This all assumes that your rubbers are in good condition.

chucknorrisinator
05-24-2015, 11:11 AM
The rubber at the top of the windshield looks to be in decent shape. I'll tighten the soft top latches and report back.

The window rubbers are not in good shape. They are torn in spots.

chucknorrisinator
05-26-2015, 11:16 AM
Tightened the latches. I think the wind noise from that is gone now.

The window comes up high enough onto the rain rails; the rails themselves are just shot.

I've attached some pics (taken while doing 75 on the freeway, so excuse the toaster-like quality). Is that gap supposed to be there? That would be a soft top issue, right?1421714218