PDA

View Full Version : Show Bars

KJP
05-29-2015, 05:28 PM
Hey there, folks. Former MG and MGB runner - recently found a Miata that I love. Looking to add a bit of chrome to this 2000 (33K original miles; got it from the dealer who sold it 15 years ago and took it back as a trade) so I am looking for show bars - but I am having a time of it. Does anyone have an idea who actually is manufacturing and shipping these out along with wind screens these days? I put an order into a few on-line companies but they have not been able to commit to a sale. Thanks.

Demon I Am
05-29-2015, 10:19 PM
What is a show bar?

tsingson
05-29-2015, 10:29 PM
Are you referring to style bars?

JamieH
05-30-2015, 04:07 AM
Pretty sure he's asking about style bars. I believe Moss sells the Cobalt brand style bar and associated wind blocker for said style bar.

KJP
05-30-2015, 02:57 PM
Yup - show bars, style bars - just not true roll bars. I did order through Moss - then checked in to see how long ground delivery would take - and the rep talked me into cancelling the order. Apparently Cobra is not guaranteeing shipment, rep tells me that others have been waiting months for delivery. Back to square one. Looking for quick installation - no modification of car. There is another company out there called Frenzy - which is where I got the term show bars - but it seems he is a one-man band so the response from him has been slow.

Vegard
05-30-2015, 03:15 PM
It seems you're set on getting one, but I must say I've never felt the style bar adds, style. Also there is the possibility that it will actually pose a threat in a roll over. Here you can see a style bar folding forward after a roll.

http://www.steveandlee.com/galleries/style_bar_mouse_trap.jpg

I think getting a used on is rather easy, keep an eye on miata.net classifieds, classifieds on here and perhaps you have a local forum?

KJP
05-30-2015, 03:20 PM
Thanks, you raise a good point.

tsingson
05-30-2015, 04:49 PM
I have seen a few local RTP as for them before. Not so much anymore. I think your best bet would be to search the classifieds or local craigslists. But Vegard is correct with the safety of the style bars. I understand not wanting to modify the vehicle but the possible price you pay for safety should be worth it. I'll definitely keep an eye out over here in the triangle though.

6y mazda
05-31-2015, 12:16 PM
you can get them on ebay FWIW