PDA

View Full Version : Is winter the best time to buy used Miata?

sibaroochi
06-02-2015, 03:35 PM
I live in sunny south florida and looking forward to getting into my first Miata.
Is the fall/winter generally the best time to buy a used Miata? Considering the new 2016 model is coming out in summer, will used miata prices fall even further in fall/winter?

Sebastian

theothersawyer
06-02-2015, 04:03 PM
Seeing as you live in Florida where it is normally hot, I don't know how much prices fall during the winter. Generally winter is the best time to buy a used Miata. What year are you looking at getting?

BlitzWing
06-02-2015, 04:18 PM
In colder areas of the world yes. Typically anyone who is just thinking of upgrading will wait it out till summer when more people will be interested in a drop top so in winter typically those that are seller are those that need the car to be gone so typically you find cheaper deals. However in a place known for constant sun shine? I dont know maybe if you were really looking hard.

kung fu jesus
06-02-2015, 04:20 PM
Yes. A lot of times, the better ones are found Spring through Autumn, but the Winter is when you can find someone who really needs to unload their car and may be more willing to deal.

I don't expect the NC to fall off a cliff for a while. I don't think the NB market has bottomed out except for some NB1s. NAs are on the rise. I suspect The ND will take the bottom out of the NB market finally.

blueman
06-05-2015, 02:21 PM
Yes. If you want to buy a used miata.... I think it's winter the right time because the prices are low.

wannafbody
06-05-2015, 05:43 PM
I bought both my 2000 TA and 96 Miata in January and got pretty good deals. In the north, the prices go up come April or May.