PDA

View Full Version : Answered Consolidating forums

tanakapz
01-22-2012, 07:43 PM
One of the issues I have noticed is that there are too many sub forums. In my opinion, forums are more active and operate better with a minimal amount of sub forums (interior, exterior, meets and drives, etc). They stay more relevant and people crosspost less often. It's also much easier to browse. Obviously, division and separation are still necessary, but I think some consolidation would be useful, especially in the for sale forum, where there are multiple sub forums.

Just something to think about!

psulja
01-22-2012, 07:51 PM
I agree, it becomes more of a nuisance when browsing the forum, I've given up on browsing that way and just stick to the new posts button now.

ChrisJuliano
01-22-2012, 07:51 PM
Agreed its actually pretty ridiculous how many we have.

urban
01-22-2012, 08:08 PM
Fck that .
i want my own subforum

tanakapz
01-22-2012, 08:23 PM
Personally, I even thought CR.net had too many sub forums. A lot of sub forums can be combined here (DIY, roadster chat, etc). I never even browse the different sections, I just use new posts like psulja

psulja
01-22-2012, 08:40 PM
And could we get the Off-topic brought back up to the top?

HellaRareYellow
01-22-2012, 08:40 PM
I almost agree. Move the meet section should be a sub forum under each region. Also, there should be a for-sale sub forum in each region for items you don't want to ship.

MazRoadAdmin
01-22-2012, 09:19 PM
We could configure the forums a dozen different ways and none of them would please everyone.

If you have an item for sale that you don't want to ship, put your location in the ad and clearly state "for pick-up or local delivery only" or something to that effect.

Adam
01-22-2012, 09:22 PM
Let us vote.

psulja
01-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Well i think a start that everybody would be happy with would be the off-topic getting moved back up to where it was.

IMO, I like having separate subforums for each gen, but instead of having a separate section for events just have each region post up in their subforum about events.

And then the DIY's could all be put together. Those 2 changes alone could make it a little easier for everyone.

But personally I think the for sale section is perfectly fine right now as long as people specify in their titles if they are willing to ship, no need to make even more subforums for each region, that'll just add to the problem.

revlimiter
01-22-2012, 11:21 PM
And then the DIY's could all be put together.

Yeah. This is low hanging fruit. A single section for DIY would be nice.

Phatmiata
01-23-2012, 10:19 AM
We are still working on the forum guys (only been up for a month now :shock:) I cannot say what sections will stay and which will go, what will get compressed and what wont. I'm sure there will be folks that want this or that, but we cannot please everyone. :fp:

Just please give us some time to get settled in and we will see what works best guys.