PDA

View Full Version : Lockwood HVAC panels

kung fu jesus
07-04-2015, 09:36 PM
Looking for a Lockwood product, but cannot find it on their site. It is an OE-looking HVAC face, black, but illuminates red instead of green.

Does anyone here have one to offer a review? Better yet, anyone know where to purchase one? Were these a limited run product, or exclusive to a certain vendor?

Phatmiata
07-04-2015, 10:48 PM
Never heard of that one, but iirc the Art Works Dewa panel lights up in red.

Check with Rspeed since you live in GA now, they sometimes have new old stock at the shop.

I also thing Revlimiter HVAC panels are lit in red, but not sure.

kung fu jesus
07-04-2015, 11:27 PM
Lockwood is a British company. I can see people bought these around '10 and '11. They have white panels on their site, but no black. They sold for 20 BPS.

Adam does excellent work, but I prefer something more stock in appearance.

roadsternut
07-05-2015, 04:52 AM
Contact MX5roadsters

http://mx5roadsters.net/shop/mk1-oem-look-red-dials

He may still have some sets in stock.

kung fu jesus
07-05-2015, 10:05 AM
Much appreciated!

revlimiter
07-05-2015, 10:16 PM
I could make you a stock-look panel if you wanted. Wouldn't be a problem as all of my parts are made to order. But I can't match Lockwood's prices.

wannafbody
07-05-2015, 11:40 PM
Some Lockwood products are available on Ebay. For the price, the quality is very good. There isn't the same amount of customization as with Revlimiter.

kung fu jesus
07-06-2015, 12:23 PM
Adam, you do fantastic work and I would love to send you a custom design, but it isn't in the budget at this time with other performance-related items underway. I had a few designs I drew up in Illustrator,

I am having a harder time recovering from light at night as I get older, noticing the red lighting on the e30 made it easier for me, especially in the rain.

Mad's link was really helpful and Paul @ MX5 returned my email this morning.

I will certainly hang on to my spare instrumentation for future consideration. I would love to have more Rev products in my car in the near future! :)