PDA

View Full Version : MX-5 Launch Edition Delivery Escondido, CA

MRnewsBot
07-20-2015, 10:28 AM
Watch as the first 2016 Mazda MX-5 Launch Edition's are delivered to Mazda of Escondido.

A historic today for the MX-5's and their excited owners!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTpZIEUxj7w

Greasemonkey2000
07-20-2015, 10:41 AM
Hum not exactly a variety in the demographic present.... :fp:

Phatmiata
07-20-2015, 10:42 AM
young whipper snappers already gobbled up the BRZ fanboi cars

JamieH
07-20-2015, 12:41 PM
I know the saying is don't judge a book by it's cover. Yet, I still can't help but to think those cars are going to live a life of weekend point A to B driving, getting a bit of full throttle in a straight line, and the tires never making any noise with any discernible amount of steering input. All I see is just, dull, boring, safe drivers.

I feel like if you aren't driving a Miata a little like an asshole, you're missing the point. Because lets be honest, a good "enthusiastic" drive breaks a few laws. I just don't see Miatas as cruisers... unless they're automatics.

I mean, maybe it's a good thing for when those cars get resold at lower prices to younger buyers. They'll still be in good enough condition that they can take being beaten on like a professional athlete's spouse and still look just as good afterwards.

Maybe some would look at what I'm saying as asinine or childish or something, but the Miata is a sports car. It should live the life of one. And some people just aren't sports car drivers, even if they own one.

Phatmiata
07-20-2015, 12:54 PM
I know the saying is don't judge a book by it's cover. Yet, I still can't help but to think those cars are going to live a life of weekend point A to B driving, getting a bit of full throttle in a straight line, and the tires never making any noise with any discernible amount of steering input. All I see is just, dull, boring, safe drivers.

I feel like if you aren't driving a Miata a little like an asshole, you're missing the point. Because lets be honest, a good "enthusiastic" drive breaks a few laws. I just don't see Miatas as cruisers... unless they're automatics.

I mean, maybe it's a good thing for when those cars get resold at lower prices to younger buyers. They'll still be in good enough condition that they can take being beaten on like a professional athlete's spouse and still look just as good afterwards.

Maybe some would look at what I'm saying as asinine or childish or something, but the Miata is a sports car. It should live the life of one. And some people just aren't sports car drivers, even if they own one.

Nah, you don't need to drive like an "a-hole" to enjoy a Miata, you just need to track it or autoX it to unlock its real potential.

I don't mind just pimping in mine on the street, aint nothing wrong with cool whips :teehee:

TNRooster3
07-20-2015, 06:04 PM
I've owned a Miata since '91, but I have never tracked or autoX any of my Miatas, so I can't say what that feels like. So throwing gravel in a hairpin turn while running the Devil's Triangle or squalling tires on the TN-85 going up Wilder Mtn. is not " "enthusiastic" enough? How about taking on the Dragon at 6am on a Friday or Saturday morning? This is an old " Whipper Snapper" that likes to cruise from point A to Point B, but I like some curves and twists in between the points, and my "Cool Whip" is called Rooster- HA HA.

TNRooster3
07-21-2015, 09:02 AM

And yes, I will be thankful that someone that bought a Ceramic ND and keeps it in good shape, then trades it in so I can buy it in a couple of years.

kung fu jesus
07-21-2015, 10:48 AM
Surely one of those cars is now shrink-wrapped and sitting in a garage in the San Diego area, waiting to be uncovered in 20 years to be sold for $50k.

TNRooster3
07-21-2015, 11:07 AM
Yep that to.

fwdtamiya
07-21-2015, 01:20 PM
Launch editions are already going up in value too!

http://www.autotalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/2016-Mazda-Miata-Crash-2-768x768.jpg

http://www.autotalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/2016-Mazda-Miata-Crash-3-1024x768.jpg

Less than a mile from dealership, rear ended and pushed into a car ahead.

http://www.autotalk.com/first-2016-mazda-mx-5-miata-already-wrecked-27284/