PDA

View Full Version : K.G. Works mirror

RustRat
07-21-2015, 04:28 PM
Sooo, I may or may not have purchased this K.G. Works mirror stuff, just because I liked it. But I happen to have a '97 miata with the RVM attached on the windshield. How can I remove it? Has anyone done it? Will it leave any marks?

Phatmiata
07-21-2015, 06:33 PM
You'll need an earlier 90/93 windshield

Even if you remove the adhesive there will still be a black placing mark from the factory

vote4pedro
07-21-2015, 07:54 PM
If you do need a windshield, get one w/o tinted visor top.

RustRat
07-21-2015, 11:42 PM
That sounds like a lot more effort than what I'm willing to do. I guess I'll have to live with that black mark, for now

Martin
07-22-2015, 08:06 AM
You'll need an earlier 90/93 windshield

Even if you remove the adhesive there will still be a black placing mark from the factory

In the US market 90 to 95 cars have the mirror on the header and 96 and up have it on the windshield. I don't know about the rest of the world.

Greasemonkey2000
07-22-2015, 08:33 AM
If i might piggyback the thread....I'm looking at getting a similar style mirror that mounts where the now interior map light exist, do you just remove the light and the mounting holes are present for the mirror or? Thanks in advance for any assistance! :drinkto:

Phatmiata
07-22-2015, 08:35 AM
That sounds like a lot more effort than what I'm willing to do. I guess I'll have to live with that black mark, for now

why not just ask one of the vendors like MiataRoadster.com TetsuyaGarage.com or Rev9AutoSport.com

they can order you the correct NA8 Windshield mounted mirror, Zoom Engineering sells a ton of different styles and options.

RustRat
07-22-2015, 08:36 AM
My EUDM '97 indeed had the mirror on the windscreen.

@Greasemonkey I just removed my map light without paying to much attention, but I think the holes for the screws were only two, while this particular mirror requires four screws, so I might end up drilling 2 holes.

Phatmiata
07-22-2015, 08:36 AM
If i might piggyback the thread....I'm looking at getting a similar style mirror that mounts where the now interior map light exist, do you just remove the light and the mounting holes are present for the mirror or? Thanks in advance for any assistance! :drinkto:

Yes the windshield frame is the same, just remove the light and you can mount a mirror there.

RustRat
07-22-2015, 08:38 AM
why not just ask one of the vendors like MiataRoadster.com TetsuyaGarage.com or Rev9AutoSport.com

they can order you the correct NA8 Windshield mounted mirror, Zoom Engineering sells a ton of different styles and options.
Check the "mail call" thread. I already received a mirror that mounts on the header. I know it was not for my model, but I just think it was too good looking to pass. I will make it work, one way or another. :)

Greasemonkey2000
07-22-2015, 08:40 AM
Thanks Randy! :drinkto: My apologies for the interpretation, now we go back to your regularly scheduled program. :fp:

Thanks Rustrat! The Zoom I'm looking at just has two holes. :)

Phatmiata
07-22-2015, 08:56 AM
My EUDM '97 indeed had the mirror on the windscreen.

yes they make a windscreen mounted version. ask Bill at MiataRoadster

http://www.miataroadster.com/zoom-engineering/b-12193.aspx

RustRat
07-22-2015, 09:14 AM
Thanks! Good to know. When I decide to change, the zoom is definitely one of my favorites.

Phatmiata
07-22-2015, 12:39 PM
Thanks! Good to know. When I decide to change, the zoom is definitely one of my favorites.

Zoom has a lot more options, have a look in this thread, it should help

http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?12370