PDA

View Full Version : 2008 wheel spacers

david08
07-23-2015, 05:38 PM
Hi, new to me 2008 Miata. Question is did they come from the factory with 1.25 in. wheel spacers? Mine has them but I think that a previous owner put them on. I think it gives it a better looking stance and will probably leave them on. It has the 16" 5 spoke wheels. Also the silver paint is coming off the calipers, has anybody had good results from the spray caliper paint, if so what brand. Thanks

Paul B
07-23-2015, 06:55 PM
I don't think Mazda puts 1.25" spacers on their cars from the factory but I could be wrong. That is a pretty large spacer.

kung fu jesus
07-23-2015, 07:25 PM
Nope. That is a ridiculous sized spacer, though. 32mm?

I have used high-temp spray paints on my calipers, but they are black and the paint needs a 3 step baking process.

Malibu Q
07-27-2015, 05:13 AM
Need to paint my calipers too. I've ordered the POR15 kit in silver, which is brush on. I think I prefer this method as there wont be any overspray. I've had good success with POR15 products in the past so that is why I decided to go with this brand.

david08
07-27-2015, 11:43 AM
Need to paint my calipers too. I've ordered the POR15 kit in silver, which is brush on. I think I prefer this method as there wont be any overspray. I've had good success with POR15 products in the past so that is why I decided to go with this brand.

Thanks Malibu Q, I had not though of POR15, I have used it before on my classic Mustang on some of the suspension parts and it is tough. I will try that and I would like to brush on to avoid overspray.