PDA

View Full Version : Horn button survey

revlimiter
07-28-2015, 06:59 PM
Got some hypothetical questions for MR.net. I need some help with a new product and you folks seem like the only ones that can give it. I am grateful for any help you can give.

IF I was to make some horn buttons, which designs would folks want from my store? I'm not really wanting to make up every design I have. And, hypothetically, I don't think my stock of horn buttons will last long.

Momo or Nardi? Or BOTH?

and lastly...

Do you feel $59 each is too high a price for a horn button? I'd love to find some cheap horn buttons and buy by the thousand, but... none have been up to my standards. The ones I'm using are a bit spendy and require a fair bit of modification on my end to make work before I can put a badge on one.

I mean... hypothetically. The horn buttons I'm hypothetically using.

Thank you all!

revlimiter
07-28-2015, 07:01 PM
http://revlimiter.net/store/badges.php

Please refer to my badge page for designs.

http://revlimiter.net/store/badges/badge-hero.jpg

Hammerhead
07-28-2015, 07:32 PM
I would, of course, want my exclusive MS (MazdaSpeed) model (top row center) and my exclusive vintage KGW-style (done in red).

Phatmiata
07-28-2015, 07:57 PM
MOMO is more common so start with that platform.

I would go after the Vintage Japanese logos.

Not just Mazda either, take a look on JNC I bet they would gobble the stuff up.

RuckkehrMiata
07-28-2015, 08:01 PM
I want a horn button with my dogs face on it!

But more seriously Nardi Club NA style!! (So I can put my authentic original one back in its packaging before something happens to it)

Phatmiata
07-28-2015, 08:10 PM
How about some classic wheel designs?

http://i.imgur.com/mHKM8rY.jpg

JamieH
07-28-2015, 09:02 PM
I'm totally down for a Type V black background on a chrome button for a Nardi wheel using horn ring which covers the wheel bolts.

I'll lay down $60 ASAP for that.

revlimiter
07-28-2015, 09:08 PM
Please stay to the styles I have in my store. I've already got nearly a dozen different styles and that's hard enough for me to keep in stock. I'm not wanting to branch out or do one-offs. I'm just trying to figure out which 3 or 4 badge styles to do for a horn button.

OBD1 kenobi
07-28-2015, 09:23 PM
1. Type V
2. mazdaspeed for the NB guys
3. Type prototipo2 with different color options?

$60 is doable. We know you dont compromise quality so I dont see a problem in buying a product that we know you will research to find the best compromise between quality and function.

wannafbody
07-28-2015, 09:41 PM
I think a vintage logo would sell well.

Nyaa
07-28-2015, 09:51 PM
Type V and Eunos would be neato

Dandy
07-28-2015, 09:53 PM
1. Type V
2. mazdaspeed for the NB guys
3. Type prototipo2 with different color options?

$60 is doable. We know you dont compromise quality so I dont see a problem in buying a product that we know you will research to find the best compromise between quality and function.

ditto

Hammerhead
07-28-2015, 10:02 PM
Please stay to the styles I have in my store. I've already got nearly a dozen different styles and that's hard enough for me to keep in stock. I'm not wanting to branch out or do one-offs. I'm just trying to figure out which 3 or 4 badge styles to do for a horn button.

BOO... :)

Phatmiata
07-28-2015, 10:11 PM

Sorry about that, just read the first part and saw pretty pictures.

Keepers are

1. Eunos V (in black)
2. Mazdaspeed (in red)
3. Type 60
4. Prototipo-2 (but make it in mazda blue)

And $60 is fine

Stick with MOMO size since they sell adapters for Nardi anyhow.

revlimiter
07-28-2015, 10:42 PM
BOO... :)

That was more directed at dog faces and wheel logos rather than yours. Doing the MS horn button would be no problem. It's now on the list actually. =)

And the horn buttons will be black. It's been impossible to find ANY horn button of decent quality, let alone a nice one that's chrome. I've actually never used a nice Momo-compatible button that was chrome. The one I have with the KGW logo rattles and has flaking plastic chrome. =/ The only really nice shiny ones are the OEM Nardi metal ones IMHO.

modernbeat
07-28-2015, 11:07 PM
Momo horn buttons can be fit to a Nardi with an adapter, but Nardi will not fit in a Momo.

My Nardi wheel has a Momo diameter horn button in it.

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv198/aaa-111/blackcubed/SNC11757.jpg

Bruce
07-28-2015, 11:19 PM
1. Model 60
2. Elanore
3. Prototipo 2

Considering the truly outstanding quality and craftsmanship that you put into your products, $60 strikes me as cheap.

FWIW, I think you should charge more than you do for your custom work. Time = money. Also, the skills and talent you bring to the table deserve a premium.

RustRat
07-28-2015, 11:52 PM
Type V
Elanore
MS
Model 60

I have a theme running on my car with RX2 badges. If you could add this, I'd get one, but I understand you can't have 15 different options.

Greasemonkey2000
07-29-2015, 12:10 AM
I think $59 is definitely fair. I think you should do momo and nardi size but if what modernbeat says is true then his conclusion makes since.

Have no comment on design options since it's custom or bust for me. :fp: Well i guess Prototipo type II could work for me.... :ninja:

Airbrush1
07-29-2015, 07:03 AM
I love the elanore style, as well as the mazdaspeed style!

Martin
07-29-2015, 08:27 AM
Sorry about that, just read the first part and saw pretty pictures.

Keepers are

1. Eunos V (in black)
2. Mazdaspeed (in red)
3. Type 60
4. Prototipo-2 (but make it in mazda blue)

And $60 is fine

Stick with MOMO size since they sell adapters for Nardi anyhow.

That!

TNRooster3
07-29-2015, 08:57 AM
If I didn't already have a MOMO I'd do a Type V in black or the black EUNOS. Also price: $60 if that is with shipping?

revlimiter
07-29-2015, 09:40 AM
Thanks for all the input!!! It's greatly appreciated.

My prices never include shipping. Sorry, but I send too many items globally to include shipping in product prices.

Corifto
07-29-2015, 09:58 AM
V
Elanore
Prototipo

I'd personally be in for a Type 60/RX2, but we both know why lol.

I think $59 is a solid price point.

etikoner
07-29-2015, 11:07 PM
(y) Price seems incredible, actually. Then again, I am speaking from seeing Personal horn buttons selling for $80