PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Plating Cost?

mx54life
08-14-2015, 04:45 PM
I have a Boss Frog Black double hoop RB that I bought dirt cheap and so I intended for them to chromed but to my surprise the shop quoted me $400 per piece. Since this kit comes in three separate pieces it will be $1200.

Can someone chime if this is about fair? I am just doubtful it seemed that they just approximate their prices. Anyone with first hand experience of having some parts chromed and the prices paid for?

Thanks in advance.

Cxmoney
08-14-2015, 05:05 PM
id rather sell it and just buy the stainless one... it is much cheaper that way....

Satisaii
08-14-2015, 07:33 PM
$250 per wheel for black chrome

kung fu jesus
08-14-2015, 08:45 PM
There are options. Chrome is probably a bad idea, not just from a cost perspective. There are some nice, very reflective powder coatings available that would be more durable but not as shiny. You *could* also strip your bar and have it polished, maybe clear coated. I haven't checked on pricing in a while, but nickel plating is one or two steps less than chrome, probably a little cheaper, too. I also know there is a multi-step "chrome" paint, but it may be cost prohibitive and might not be as durable.

Demon I Am
08-14-2015, 08:57 PM
I second the powder coating idea. Might cost you 250 or so the have the bar blasted, then coated. Polishing it might be expensive, but I'm not sure. A third option would be a combo of the 2, polished then clear powder coated.

mx54life
08-14-2015, 11:28 PM
Thanks guys. KFJ I will look into that Chrome paint and nickel plating.