PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Gurus please confirm?

mx54life
08-27-2015, 08:31 PM
Hey guys so I finally started to install my Teins SF, just to confirm letter "D" on the diagram determines the preload? Thank you so much.

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a578/ebaradas/IMG_2488_zpsfr9ufyr3.png (http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/ebaradas/media/IMG_2488_zpsfr9ufyr3.png.html)

horribleR
08-27-2015, 10:01 PM
wouldn't pre-load be determined by collar - top mount rather than the center of the bottom mount to the collar?

mx54life
08-27-2015, 11:02 PM
wouldn't pre-load be determined by collar - top mount rather than the center of the bottom mount to the collar?

I really don't understand, this is my first coilover install. My thoughts are the collar pushes the spring so won't that be the preload?

mx54life
08-28-2015, 02:06 PM
I swear suspension work is PITA!. I have to remove the poly-bushings and regrease them again. This time I am using anti-seize. A friend has zerk fittings but he uses silicone grease and they still squeak . Almost 5 hours on one side. 3 to go.

Hopefully the Tein specs on their manual are correct. I hate to go back and redo this again :-(

wannafbody
08-28-2015, 03:41 PM
Tein instructions are wrong according to Emilio.

mx54life
08-28-2015, 03:58 PM
Tein instructions are wrong according to Emilio.

I did a lot of reading on these but then a non-tech like me does not really quite follow suspension complications. So is there other specs that I should follow? I have pretty much set the measurements as recommended in the instruction manual. I did not have to change the spring compression just the height as Tein recommends 1.2" or 3 cm between the spring and shock collars which is "B' on the diagram.

mx54life
08-31-2015, 12:30 PM
Maybe just the "not racer" in me but I just followed Teins manual and lower it 3/4 inches lower than suggested by the manual and voila drives like a champ. Can't be more happier. Had trouble with the settings at first then again followed the manual suggestions and yes it feels like an expensive sports car lol.