PDA

View Full Version : Is Nippon Reinz the brand of the OEM head gasket set sold in the dealerships?

mx54life
10-20-2015, 12:15 AM
If so what is the difference between Nippon and Victor Reinz? I can't find any indication that they are related except for their last names. But knowing Japan they have Japanese names for imported stuff that could be basically similar. I would be surprise if this Nippon Reinz is exclusively for the Miatas since this engine has been used in different brand cars. I don't want to skimp if this OEM brand is really "IT" considering it's only about $100 difference. Anybody here have used other brands? I'm just like you boys, I want the best for my baby. But I am not afraid to try the girl next door lol.

kung fu jesus
10-20-2015, 08:18 AM
I don't know Nippon Reinz, but Victor Reinz is a trusted brand in the BMW community for OE quality.

Demon I Am
10-20-2015, 08:31 AM
Nippon and Victor are the same group, IIRC. just specializing in different mfg country zones. I've ordered the nippon seals in the past and they've never given me issues. Have not done a head gasket though.

mx54life
10-20-2015, 10:30 AM
Thanks guys. I emailed Victor Reinz so let's see if they respond to my inquiry. If they are the same gaskets I will give V. Reinz a try.

wannafbody
10-20-2015, 06:27 PM
I used a Victor Reinz cam cover gasket and it worked well.

HarryB
10-21-2015, 06:48 AM
I used Victor Reinz when I replaced all seals in my engine a while back; it hasn't been a lot of time since, but they are just fine.