wannafbody
10-22-2015, 08:38 PM
http://trackdogracing.com/rotrex.aspx

Phatmiata
10-22-2015, 09:04 PM
Are you trying to tell us something??

wannafbody
10-22-2015, 09:18 PM
I just thought people here might be interested. The power gains look pretty good.

Demon I Am
10-22-2015, 09:23 PM
Looks very promising, and I appreciate the amount of research they are putting into it. Many companies would just slap together parts and ship them on out.

wannafbody
10-22-2015, 10:15 PM
I wonder how it will compare to the Jackson Racing version when it comes out.

artcentermiata
10-22-2015, 11:12 PM
When

If

Slampen
10-23-2015, 12:12 AM
Most interesting is that TDR uses one size bigger Rotrex than Kraftwerk, for the na8 and nb8.

Greasemonkey2000
10-23-2015, 12:39 AM
Looks very promising, and I appreciate the amount of research they are putting into it. Many companies would just slap together parts and ship them on out.

This. Gary has been supercharging miatas for over a decade with great success and has built up a great business and report with his customers, including myself. If i was in the market for a new supercharger kit they would more than likely be my choice. Have had numerous pleasant dealings with William and Gary both! :drinkto:

Im sure the choice for the slightly larger size (compressor or turbine, not sure) would be thermal efficiency. The slightly larger unit will make boost more efficiently than the smaller unit so it won't have to work as hard.

I think the changes they made will make the difference in longevity/reliability of the system since they improved on every weak point of the current ots kits, namely the oil cooler size, intercooler size/ducting, mounting bracket and engine management. Hats off to TDR for taking their time and doing it right! :bow:

Slipstreem
10-23-2015, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the link wannafbody. I've been looking into superchargers and this looks very promising.

BoBo
10-23-2015, 01:57 PM
The dyno sheets looks great on all the models.

kung fu jesus
10-23-2015, 03:28 PM
When

If

I can wait.

kung fu jesus
10-27-2015, 05:21 PM

VERY soon. ;)

Greasemonkey2000
10-27-2015, 08:45 PM

This keeps getting brought up on different forums but it isn't a apples to apples comparison since Jackson Racing's focus is CARB approved kits(as has been in the past). So obviously the power levels from CARB kits are going to be much more modest since they are limited by factory injectors or at least thats my understanding of it. :fp:

Will they release non CARB kits...i dunno but would think so since its easier but again from my understanding JR's focus is CARB approved kits, time will tell. I think Oscar's(?) getting involved once again is a big step forward in Jackson Racing's moving forward.

kung fu jesus
10-27-2015, 10:18 PM
Nothing easy about getting an EO number from CARB.

wannafbody
10-28-2015, 03:00 PM
I was told that JR already has the Carb number. I'm not sure what the hold up is.

garageSTAR
10-28-2015, 05:56 PM
NC?

Greasemonkey2000
10-28-2015, 11:43 PM
I don't believe Track Dog Racing has a NC or really done any parts for the NC themselves beyond the header blanket.... :dunno:

kung fu jesus
10-29-2015, 12:44 PM
I know Goodwin has revived a turbo project for the NC on one of their AWR chassis, a sister car to their 'banana' car.

JLBMX5
10-29-2015, 03:53 PM
I have been waiting for trackdog to finish this project at least a year no . Soon as its done I am ready to order :) so hopefully in the next couple of months it will be all don . I am loving those numbers.

Greasemonkey2000
10-29-2015, 05:27 PM
I find peoples reaction to how long it has taken interesting. You have those that complain and those that are patiently waiting. I guess the complainers fail to realize how much time it takes to ensure a quality kit is being achieved and they have tackled areas that have been problem areas previously released rotrex kits.

If they had released a year ago then people would have complained about the instructions and or other aspects that may have been an issue if released based on the expected time line of customers. At least they have been giving updates when they are available which Jackson Racing hasn't. Which way you want it folks updates and a longer time frame or left in the dark and still a longer time frame? :fp:

kung fu jesus
10-29-2015, 07:32 PM
When you develop a product, you don't want to tip your hand.

If you feel that way, that TDR is taking undue flack over their status, I would be happy to shut the thread down and delete it. If you want to promote their upcoming kit, you are also welcome to become a supporting vendor and extoll their virtues at your heart's content. :)

Greasemonkey2000
10-29-2015, 08:29 PM
Just expressing my opinion just as others have and offering any insight if i can. I didn't start the thread and do not benefit from TDR's success but i do believe in supporting vendors that have continued to support the miata community.

There will always be those that hold a particular product or vendor in high esteem, those that do not and those that are in different, i try to be some where in the middle unless i have extensive first hand experience with the product or *vendor in question. :drinkto:

*Edit: clarification, mistype

kung fu jesus
10-29-2015, 09:06 PM
At least they have been giving updates when they are available which Jackson Racing hasn't. Which way you want it folks updates and a longer time frame or left in the dark and still a longer time frame? :fp:

i try to be some where in the middle unless i have extensive first hand experience with the product or experience in question. :drinkto:

Opinion or promotion, by your admission you have experience with this product?

Greasemonkey2000
10-29-2015, 10:05 PM
Definitely my humble, inexperienced opinion in this matter and had to edit the post you quoted for clarification. :fp: My apologies if it seemed as if i had personal experience with sny rotrex based kit or was promoting a particular kit over another, that was not my intent :drinkto:

kung fu jesus
10-29-2015, 10:25 PM
No worries! Just looking for clarification. :)