PDA

View Full Version : Triad, W-S, Grbo, HP.... You're seen..... You saw....Just a contact thread.....

NCGreasemonkey
12-05-2015, 09:43 PM
Has the flippy love died out? I know I did a brother or sister wrong a few months back at the intersection of Walburg and Gumtree. Sorry, had a smoke in one hand and my morning Joe in the other and was about 20 mins. late to work. But the white NA I fillip you back!
Come on Triad NC. Show our flippy love!

Just a post to tell who or whom you saw and where around the triad.

I saw a beard in a silver NB running the Union Cross Double Diamond around 1:00 Sat. 12-05-15-

When on NASIOC we had a "spotted' tag line. Just so we could know others of the same ride.

NCGreasemonkey
12-14-2015, 09:30 PM
Really?

Is the triad so lame and off-line that I'm a lone wolf? I'll be getting business cards to place under the wipers of the MX folks I see to try to get them here! It's not a place for young ricers, or a place for old-farts. It's a place for us all to mingle and say "Hey" we share an interest.

tsingson
12-15-2015, 08:11 AM
We have a few people in the Triangle but nothing to brag about.

kung fu jesus
12-15-2015, 08:58 AM
can't chuck a rock without hitting a Miata here in ATL.

Demon I Am
12-15-2015, 12:01 PM
There are a ton out there on FB and other places. seems like a lot of them don't really do the forums. Look at the FB groups for NC/SC Miata, Miata MX5 Parts For Trade, Miata Parts for Sale. I'm sure there are others. maybe you can meet with them and then bring them into the cult.

tsingson
12-15-2015, 04:07 PM
I may be moving back North so I don't know if that is a good thing.

NCGreasemonkey
12-25-2015, 03:20 AM
Well today, being slow as it is the eve of Fat-man, there appeared one the lot. An NA. Roll bar, DriftZs and X-taped flippies.

I got to talk to a NA buddy, Tony.:slayer:

Of course, with it monsoon season here, I drove the work-wagon. So no brotherly love, side-by pics..

NCGreasemonkey
12-27-2015, 02:26 AM
There are a ton out there on FB and other places. seems like a lot of them don't really do the forums. Look at the FB groups for NC/SC Miata, Miata MX5 Parts For Trade, Miata Parts for Sale. I'm sure there are others. maybe you can meet with them and then bring them into the cult.

I know this is a late reply.

I lost two smart phones and a laptop to FB. That cost $$$. Just not ready to stick my wallet back into that creek when I have a car to build.

Love you folks on here and I'll stick to chasing down the NA's I see for recruitment like a psycho ( no banjo playing ) for now.

So mental note for all. You are in the Triad of North Carolina and see a Black NA heading toward you. DON'T BE AFRAID!

Also if you see a big azz Dodge that is dirty and rusting with I heart a flippy and you make me want to roll down my windows stickers on the back glass...

You found NCG!

toms96mx5
01-15-2016, 08:38 PM
I live about 30 miles north of Raleigh. My sister lives out in Winston Salem if I ever drive my car out there to visit her I would be up for meeting and hanging out for a couple hours, most of the time though if I go out that way It will be with the kids and in My truck or my wifes town car.

Agent☣Orange
01-15-2016, 08:54 PM
WTH is FB anyway and isn't that like AOL anyways?

NCGreasemonkey
01-15-2016, 11:50 PM
Yes, Facebook is AOL.! Even for us old-timers AO. Toms96, If you get free time and want to hit some roads or just have a steak on the Barbie and hang give me a PM. I work long hours and are allergic to kids. :toomuch:

toms96mx5
01-16-2016, 06:05 PM
Yes, Facebook is AOL.! Even for us old-timers AO. Toms96, If you get free time and want to hit some roads or just have a steak on the Barbie and hang give me a PM. I work long hours and are allergic to kids. :toomuch:
lol, at least they like Miatas, and now I feel like cooking a steak on the grill.

NCGreasemonkey
09-27-2016, 08:14 PM
Harassed a very enthusiastic lady today in the Food Lion parking lot when I stopped for replenishment of sustenance.

IIRC her name is Angie and gave her a MR.net card. She was rolling in a '97 Red stock soft-top with clean lines. She has owned for a year. Let her know we are lacking in the Triad area and need to build our fun loving day-trippers. She sounded all in.

Time will tell if I can get some of these fellow nuttz on-board.

After that had a BRG NB with a Beard driving, in the weeds low, next to me down Union Cross and swapped lanes for him to head to UC and me to Walburg. Cannot sling a dead cat without hitting a MX-5. But they are not here, yet! :cry2:

tsingson
09-27-2016, 08:37 PM
You coming over this weekend for Cars and Coffee?

NCGreasemonkey
09-27-2016, 08:44 PM
Where are y'all gathering?

Hoping that my lift arrives so I can get the header and splitter on. But I can be talked out of that since I still have no tracking as they await the restock of power-units for said lift.

tsingson
09-28-2016, 06:10 AM
Since at this point it's just me going, I am able to meet before the meet anywhere nearby.

NCGreasemonkey
09-28-2016, 02:01 PM
Where is the C&C at and when is it what I was asking. Sorry for the confusion.

tsingson
09-28-2016, 02:33 PM
Saturday, October 1 at 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM in EDT

Morrisville Outlet Mall 1001 Airport Blvd, Morrisville, North Carolina 27560

https://www.facebook.com/events/225748131175418/

NCGreasemonkey
09-28-2016, 11:34 PM
Got the addy. plugged into Waze but just had some wild things happen on FB.

I don't do FB often because I lost two Samsung Smart phones and an Compaq Laptop to FB several years back and I did nothing wrong, that I know of. But that was when the soon-to-be ex was still on her laurels in this place and living on the extended unemployment benefits. :shrug:

Maybe I need to get back into the future.

JamieH
09-30-2016, 11:34 AM
I should be there, aiming to get there around 9-9:30. Likely bringing a friend in tow, but he'll have to drive his crowd killer instead of his Miata since it's currently injured (spun a bearing).

NCGreasemonkey
09-30-2016, 08:26 PM
Noir got a really quick bath when I got home in hopes of getting to Morrisville tomorrow. :sweat:

NCGreasemonkey
10-01-2016, 07:08 AM
Mission: ABORTED :cry2:

I made it to Hwy. 64 and developed a misfire. Pulled over thinking maybe in my rush wash I got water into one of the spark plug tubes. No, it seems that one of my spark plug boots has decided to let the spark out the side.

Limped her home and gonna take a short nap before I do some stuff so today can still have a positive note. Check my build thread later.

NCGreasemonkey
10-01-2016, 01:38 PM
My luck was not as bad as this poor NA's was. I see a double-diagonal, tailights, some TSIs and three daisies coming up for sale in the near future.

http://i.imgur.com/kvSja8W.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wxzejaO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QXHt28Z.jpg

( insert TAPS here for a fallen Black NA ) :angel:

NCGreasemonkey
10-03-2016, 12:36 AM
Hate that I missed the C&C Saturday and tried to work on a video post of some of the great roads around the Blue Ridge Parkway that are for the Miata-nutz with some elder "hold-up, what's this" in there cranium.

Hopefully I'll get that multi-clip posted with comments. Vids have no audio. Count yourself blessed for the most part. >_>

JamieH
10-03-2016, 06:42 AM
I think I'll try to make the Wake Forrest C&C this month. Might even attempt to get there earlier than I did the Morrisville one.

tsingson
10-03-2016, 07:11 AM
We talked about doing the Greensboro one on the third Saturday. Wake Forest is more or less the same cars as the Morrisville one.

JamieH
10-03-2016, 08:53 AM
I'll have to think about it. Greensboro is 2-1/2 hours for me.

tsingson
10-03-2016, 09:43 AM
Ok. I will try to get some details out. Maybe we can make it a drive afterwards in the Triad area also.

NCGreasemonkey
10-03-2016, 06:40 PM
I'll have to think about it. Greensboro is 2-1/2 hours for me.

What diff. do you have in your's? 2 1/2 hours from Kinston to G-boro? You have to have the tach reading 4K the entire drive on 40.

JamieH
10-03-2016, 07:56 PM
Yeah, pretty much. That's the stock 5-spd and 4.10 gearing for ya. And to tell a secret, it's pretty close to 4k on HWY 70 too.

NCGreasemonkey
10-03-2016, 08:05 PM
I want my torsion in for drives like yesterday. But @ 4.369 I know the times I hit the highways are going to require ear-plugs. Let me borrow that G-string and see how much NVH is gone with the HT off. LOL

JamieH
10-14-2016, 08:20 PM
Because of the flooding here in Kinston I won't be making any kind of meet this weekend. Not sure about next weekend either.

Everything is fine on my homefront, no flood damage for me, no flooding at all really. Only lost a dogwood tree from the hurricane itself uprooting and blowing it over. But the ends of my road are flooded. So I'll be waiting on the water to recede before heading anywhere.

Have power, food, and water, just playing the waiting game.