PDA

View Full Version : Steering Wheel thread dyeing/coloring?

Titus
01-29-2012, 07:11 PM
It seems like every wheel I like has white, red, blue, or yellow stitching, but I want black. Has anyone dyed or colored the thread stitching on a Momo or Nardi wheel? Is so, what did you use and how did it turn out?

jux
01-29-2012, 07:51 PM
Need the stitching black? At the rusk of sounding like a total cheapskate, have you considered using a Sharpie? (don't tell Chris I said that)

Titus
01-29-2012, 08:14 PM
Need the stitching black? At the rusk of sounding like a total cheapskate, have you considered using a Sharpie? (don't tell Chris I said that)

That is exactly what I was thinking, bit I am not feeling like being a pioneer and risk a crappy result on an expensive wheel. I am hoping someone out there has gone down this road before and can provide advice!

revlimiter
01-29-2012, 10:37 PM
I've Sharpie'd a steering wheel before. I turned red stitching into black. It looked great for about a year till the black rubbed off and the red was back. And now, I find I really like the red on that wheel.

My advice: go ahead and do it. Nothing really to lose. It'll either work, or it'll rub off after a while.

Titus
01-30-2012, 03:51 PM
I've Sharpie'd a steering wheel before. I turned red stitching into black. It looked great for about a year till the black rubbed off and the red was back. And now, I find I really like the red on that wheel.

My advice: go ahead and do it. Nothing really to lose. It'll either work, or it'll rub off after a while.
Thanks Revlimiter... I believe I will do it. I just put it out there to the family that a Prototipo would make an ideal Birthday gift. :mrgreen:

Sharpie
01-30-2012, 04:42 PM

Steve made a funny :-)