PDA

View Full Version : Info on Rota Shakotan

90blue
02-19-2016, 12:44 PM
So while the refinish is on hold for the Panasports I was thinking of these Shakotans.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/eN0AAOSw~otWeaNi/s-l400.jpg

But, I am not a big fan of the stretched and pulled look to accommodate zero offsets.
Now admittedly the appeal for me comes from the large lip, but I am wondering, as I have not seen these in person, if a 15x7 with 15 offset will:
1. they fit without a roll and stretch
and
2. will it give a similar dished effect to a 15x9 zero without the roll and pull. Just don't want to go there.

These will be going on the '97 Black that I recently acquired.

Thanks

Mazdabp26
02-19-2016, 01:11 PM
ET15 slight roll on 15x8 is actually perfect. i was running 205/50/15 on that setup

90blue
02-19-2016, 02:27 PM
So then 15x7 would be without the need for a roll ?

My experience is that the rears are more in need that the fronts, cold just be the car.

revlimiter
02-19-2016, 03:06 PM
Fender rolling depends greatly on your alignment and ride height. There are crazy camber guys who can tuck a 15x9 under their fenders with very little effort.

Don't worry about rolling your fenders. It's not much effort and is worth the work to not need to run a ton of camber.

90blue
02-19-2016, 04:34 PM
Fender rolling depends greatly on your alignment and ride height. There are crazy camber guys who can tuck a 15x9 under their fenders with very little effort.

Don't worry about rolling your fenders. It's not much effort and is worth the work to not need to run a ton of camber.
I agree, I am trying to stay close to a street alignment as possible and with a ride height lowered but not slammed, so maybe 2 fingers from the tire to the lip in the rear.
Done the roll on rears, went well but not looking for more work right now.

Thanks