PDA

View Full Version : Frenchmanremy's Black dog...

Frenchmanremy
01-31-2012, 11:59 AM
So, Hello and welcome to my build thread.

This will be a slow but eventual process of making this car into what I want it to be....
I'm not usually big on documenting, but I'm working at it so bare with me.

I traded my 2005 Mazda 3 Gt hatchback with 160'000km on the clock for this 1997 Mazda miata base with 48'000 Miles.
She's an american car, been in a small fender bender but all around solid vehicle.

Here is a link to the photos sent to me by the dealership...
https://picasaweb.google.com/102419218807347861493/MiataQuebec?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCOSDyIjI9c6xEA&feat=directlink

Frenchmanremy
01-31-2012, 11:59 AM
Went to go pick her up 8 hours away, in November,
With my luck being how it is, the first snow storm of the year hit us that day, and I was driving 8 hours back to Ottawa with summer tires, no hard-top, and the sudden realization that the heater barely worked.

This starts off well....

Picked up a black Hardtop for cheap on the way back, and took her home.
At this fellow's house, he had sold his miata, I recuperated a couple parts from him, A new "cut" and powder coated valve cover for 20$, a momo hub adapter for 10$, and that was it.

Frenchmanremy
01-31-2012, 12:09 PM
The car had no previous history, the old owner whom I contacted did nothing to her, and the previous owner before him dropped off the edge of the earth.

The car's fender bender... from what I was told, he wend over a curb and hit a boulder at low speed. The front fender hood and bumper was changed, as well as the windshield. A Wings west body-kit was installed, fitted and painted. The PO also seemed to have an addiction to alarm systems, either that or he though himself the greatest electrician on earth. I found 9 alarm systems inter-connected under the dash, weighed once removed and 6 pounds of wires, connectors, relays, and weird black boxes were disposed of.

Now I was left with the car's under-dash mostly disassembled, car wouldn't start. I re-wired the ignition by tracing the wires and she started right up, with better idle and less circuitry.

A couple weeks after and I've since then made some door cards,Royal purple oil change, Synthetic diff and transmission fluid change, and some parts on order.

I've chosen to drive it this winter as all winter "beaters" were sold and it was a bit late in the season.

Frenchmanremy
02-02-2012, 08:54 AM
so Torsen should be in my hands this weekend, and on the car in a week or two.
Once weather shapes up and I can work outside I will...