PDA

View Full Version : Beatrush Hardtop latches

tsingson
03-03-2016, 08:31 AM
Hey guys. Is anyone on here running the Beatrush Hardtop latches? If so, I was wondering if it helps pull the top down preventing any gaps in the rear. I am running GarageStar side latches and when I remove the top and put it back on, I have to readjust it. I would just like to be able to latch it in place and be done with. Any suggestions? I am ready to buy them if they help out.

kung fu jesus
03-03-2016, 09:16 AM
I used to run them. I didn't remove the top often so I don't recall if I had your issue. Are your gaps at the back or the b-pillar area?

tsingson
03-03-2016, 09:19 AM
It's more so the area by the trunk. Like the area where the gas cap is but on both sides. I went and ordered the latches because it does look easier to use for when I do remove the top during the summer and such. I will just need some help in adjusting them at first.

kung fu jesus
03-03-2016, 09:22 AM
That sounds like the rear feet on your hardtop aren't landing into the frankenstein bolts correctly. Sometimes it's helpful to flip back the chrome caps on the rear feet to see how it should land. When you see how it sits and connects a few times, you kind of know when it is correct after that.

tsingson
03-03-2016, 09:24 AM
I actually always open them up when I put the top on. Never knew the reason for it. I do check to make sure the frankenstein bolts are snug. Maybe the rear feet are bent? Any way to fix that?

Phatmiata
03-03-2016, 09:30 AM
the rear hook on the hardtop plastic or nylon IIRC

I think Corifto recently installed some BeatRush Latches, maybe he can chime in

tsingson
03-03-2016, 09:49 AM
Yeah, mine does that. I even loosen them up and when it is in place I tighten them down with the feet in place.

speedypenguin
03-03-2016, 05:06 PM
I had Beatrush latches on my old NA. Plan to get some eventually for Jazz.

IIRC, the Beatrush latches doesn't reduce the gap between the trunk area and the HT (if anything, it may accentuate the gap if aligned to latch too tightly, due to slight bowing).

But I do like the latching mechanism of the Beatrush latches. I like that it latches down, rather than the OEM hardtop latches latching up.

I'd recommend getting some security bolts that are unique to each set, or at the very least very beefy master locks. A friend of mine had his HT stolen, and he had Beatrush latches too...