PDA

View Full Version : Tampa shout out

Phatmiata
02-01-2012, 08:12 AM
because we can't let Orlando have the only threads on here.

Tampa guys shout out here!! And join our group page and upload your favorite photos!

http://mazdaroadster.net/group.php?groupid=5

:slayer:

The Driver
02-01-2012, 09:14 AM
TAMPA!!!

When you don't need to define your city by an amusement park.

:teehee:

I<3flippyheadlights
02-01-2012, 10:44 AM
BAY!!!!

Anyway......

Chops
02-01-2012, 11:06 AM
SaInT pEtErSbUrG

:mrgreen:

The Driver
02-01-2012, 11:17 AM
SaInT pEtErSbUrG

When you need a place to retire!:mrgreen:

Hey, who invited the troll?

Oh, another geezer that needs eyeglasses, O.K., carry on, pops!

afc2112
02-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Have you been to downtown St. Pete lately? It's got some awesome bars (Ale & the Witch, The Independent, MacDinton's) & clubs now.

I've lived on both sides of the bay and St. Pete has come a looooooong way.

The Driver
02-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Have you been to downtown St. Pete lately? It's got some awesome bars (Ale & the Witch, The Independent, MacDinton's) & clubs now.

I've lived on both sides of the bay and St. Pete has come a looooooong way.

Course I have. This is a TAMPA thread! Y'all are more than welcome to start a ST. PETE thread!

Dude, ya know I'm just messing! I love St. Pete, heck I almost moved there once, still TAMPA!

afc2112
02-01-2012, 11:44 AM
We got beaches over here. :blaugh2:

The Driver
02-01-2012, 11:48 AM
We got beaches over here. :blaugh2:

:fp:

Oh wait, we got bitches over here!

Chops
02-01-2012, 12:20 PM
Well I just threw the St Pete thing on here as a joke more than anything. And what do you mean calling me a geezer?! I don't use a walker... yet. I'm only half of 72. :p

afc2112
02-01-2012, 12:20 PM
Dang Chops, you're over 30!?! lol

Driver,

We got those too!

If you're willing to drive to Orlando to get some, a drive over the bridge is nothing.

The Driver
02-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Well I just threw the St Pete thing on here as a joke more than anything. And what do you mean calling me a geezer?! I don't use a walker... yet. I'm only half of 72. :p

HAHA!

Dang Chops, you're over 30!?! lol

Driver,

We got those too!

If you're willing to drive to Orlando to get some, a drive over the bridge is nothing.

A) Easy there Kimosabe...

B) Yeah, but she cheated, I mean, I met her in Oldsmar and there was ''gas reimbursement"...

Ya know, I was thinking... Phat does NOT live in Tampa...

Plant City

When Strawberries and tomatoes are not just a livelihood, but what's for dinner... ;)

Chops
02-01-2012, 12:45 PM
At least I don't live in Lakeland anymore!

The Driver
02-01-2012, 12:49 PM
At least I don't live in Lakeland anymore!

Shoot, I almost singlehandedly destroyed Polk County...

Roughly half of my dating life while USF was by stalking cars with Polk County tags...

I got a thing for country girls... :fp:

afc2112
02-01-2012, 01:03 PM

Is it because they're more likely to be naive and gullible than city girls?

Chops
02-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Shoot, I almost singlehandedly destroyed Polk County...

Roughly half of my dating life while USF was by stalking cars with Polk County tags...

Yeah, country girls with meth mouth...

The Driver
02-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Is it because they're more likely to be naive and gullible than city girls?

Had nothing to do with that, and everything to do me being a PR Redneck. And I ain't kidding!

Yeah, country girls with meth mouth...

I said "country girls", not "country trash"... :roll:

Chops
02-01-2012, 01:15 PM
I said "country girls", not "country trash"... :roll:

I've lived in Lakeland nearly my whole life (trust me when I say I'm not bragging), and I still work there. There's a fair share of each there. Besides, I don't know what kind of trash... Urr... I mean, girls you go for.

The Driver
02-01-2012, 01:18 PM
I've lived in Lakeland nearly my whole life (trust me when I say I'm not bragging), and I still work there. There's a fair share of each there. Besides, I don't know what kind of trash... Urr... I mean, girls you go for.

College educated cowgirls. Still do, hence when given the option of moving out of NOLA to D.C. Metro or Cowtown, I chose cowtown. So far, sooo good! ;)

Chops
02-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Speaking of moving, my girlfriend and I have been tossing around the idea of possibly moving out to New Mexico in the next year or so. We'll see.

The Driver
02-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Speaking of moving, my girlfriend and I have been tossing around the idea of possibly moving out to New Mexico in the next year or so. We'll see.

I know NM and have friends there. PM if you have q's. One thing, DO NOT move there W/O a job waiting for you, or a job offer. Unemployment is HUGE over there!

Chops
02-01-2012, 01:44 PM
One thing, DO NOT move there W/O a job waiting for you, or a job offer. Unemployment is HUGE over there!

That's odd. Online, it says that unemployment there is something like 6.5%, unlike Florida where it's 10%.

The Driver
02-01-2012, 01:50 PM
That's odd. Online, it says that unemployment there is something like 6.5%, unlike Florida where it's 10%.

What I mean is that there is not a lot of opportunities. Unemployment relative to population is one thing. Availability of jobs is completely another. Also, if you think that places like Polk County have the whole 'good o'l boy" network vibrant, in NM you'll be competing against people that have had roots there before TX became a Republic...

Chops
02-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Nothing is set in stone yet. I honestly don't know why she picked NM. Wouldn't have been my first choice, but we'll see what happens, if anything.

Phatmiata
02-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Plant City is still part of Hillsborough County YALL!!!!! coo coo coo!!

And New Mexico? Screw that, name ONE good thing there besides Revlimiter, LOL

Chops
02-01-2012, 04:07 PM

LOL! :teehee:

The Driver
02-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Plant City is still part of Hillsborough County YALL!!!!! coo coo coo!!

I've criscrossed NM. They have some AMAZING roads, that people at "the gap" would kill for, nevermind Floridians...

The Driver
02-01-2012, 04:17 PM
HAHA!

Ya know, I was thinking... Phat does NOT live in Tampa...

Plant City

When Strawberries and tomatoes are not just a livelihood, but what's for dinner... ;)

I still like this one!

Unk577
02-08-2012, 08:37 PM
PC has it all!! Most of the nicest and fastest Miatas that you never get to see are in Plant City. I'll take the P car out of Phats neighbor's garage any day.

The Driver
02-08-2012, 09:29 PM
PC has it all!! Most of the nicest and fastest Miatas that you never get to see are in Plant City. I'll take the P car out of Phats neighbor's garage any day.

Will NEVER knocked down Plant City. Some of the hottest women found in Hillsborough County, heck the bay area, were "bred" there...

Love to look at the Strawberry Festival chicks...

Phatmiata
02-08-2012, 10:51 PM
Will NEVER knocked down Plant City. Some of the hottest women found in Hillsborough County, heck the bay area, were "bred" there...

Love to look at the Strawberry Festival chicks...

Just for you Rafael

http://www.flstrawberryfestival.com/royalty.html

http://www.flstrawberryfestival.com/images/royalty/2011_Queen_Small.jpg

The Driver
02-08-2012, 11:22 PM
^ I rest my case your honor... :smiley_simmons:

Chops
02-09-2012, 07:49 AM
As she goes back home, parks her ragged 1971 Chevy C-10 in the front yard and mounts her prized crown on the mantle in her double-wide...

Phatmiata
02-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Actually, most of those folks in PC are loaded, they all have acres and acres of land for cows, plants, and strawberries. I always see 20 year olds with $80K invested in their trucks. They just don't feel the need to flash their money on mansions, or the latest BMW 7 series like all the "New Money" people in South Tampa. ;p And like the Driver said, some of the hottest chicks come from PC. Must be something to do with clean air country living.

The Driver
03-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Just for you Rafael

http://www.flstrawberryfestival.com/royalty.html

http://www.flstrawberryfestival.com/images/royalty/2011_Queen_Small.jpg

Me want's...

Spinnywhoosh
03-13-2012, 09:19 AM
Yay Tampa! I finally moved across the bay. St Pete was nice but I have a good feeling about Tampa

The Driver
03-13-2012, 09:24 AM
Yay Tampa! I finally moved across the bay. St Pete was nice but I have a good feeling about Tampa

You'll love it! Unless you got use to the "early bird specials"... :D

I<3flippyheadlights
03-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Actually, most of those folks in PC are loaded, they all have acres and acres of land for cows, plants, and strawberries. I always see 20 year olds with $80K invested in their trucks. They just don't feel the need to flash their money on mansions, or the latest BMW 7 series like all the "New Money" people in South Tampa. ;p And like the Driver said, some of the hottest chicks come from PC. Must be something to do with clean air country living.

I plan to teach in Plant City if I get the choice. Lots of schools being built, land is cheap, pay is pretty good and kids aren't scary!

I<3flippyheadlights
03-13-2012, 09:42 AM

I expect to see you at the Wednesday meets now sir

Phatmiata
03-13-2012, 12:45 PM
i expect to see you at the wednesday meets now sir

^^ fact ^^

I<3flippyheadlights
03-13-2012, 06:29 PM
Even if I won't be at this one :cry2: