PDA

View Full Version : NA Replacing Power Window

diabeetus
02-02-2012, 11:57 PM
I have looked and looked and looked. found SOME articles on the subject, but not really any pictures and definitely no videos. Does any one know how to replace the driver side window (power windows if that matters) of an NA? mine was shattered a couple nights ago and ill be getting one in the morning. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Corey

diabeetus
02-03-2012, 01:25 PM
never mind. its super easy and i did my first one this morning in about 30 min with errors!!. mods can close this useless thread if you like lol

psulja
02-04-2012, 03:41 AM
Since it's in the DIY section why don't you just quickly explain the process for the next person to come along that might be looking for the same answer you were. (even though it may be easy to do)

Griffindork
02-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Yeah, Id appreciate it. Im gonna have to do this soon. My windows are dieing. Realyl wish I could of got manaul doors but Im not about to swap them lol. Just gonna replace the motor and have it be good for another 20 years.

diabeetus
02-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Yeah, Id appreciate it. Im gonna have to do this soon. My windows are dieing. Realyl wish I could of got manaul doors but Im not about to swap them lol. Just gonna replace the motor and have it be good for another 20 years.

i didnt replace the regulator tho, just the window

diabeetus
02-09-2012, 04:25 PM
ok, Here is a little DIY for replacing the window alone.

TOOLS NEEDED: phillips head screwdriver

1. take the door handle/arm rest off. It is held on by 3 screws. 1 small screw in the center of the door handle. There are 3 more screws holding the arm rest on.

2. go to your speaker cover and go around the edges, pulling gently to unsnap the speaker cover off.

3. now that the handle and arm rest is taken off and the speaker cover is taken off, go around the edges of the door card and gently unsnap the plastic plugs holding the door card onto the door. this will free the door card, exposing a sheet of plastic stuck to the door which will also be removed.

4. Now the inside of the door should be exposed. roll the window up about 60-70% up to where the bottom of the window is showing through the 2 bigger openings of the exposed door. You should see 3 plastic clips on the bottom edge of the window with screws. 1 you can see through the hole closer to the door hinge, and the other 2 you can see through the hole closer to the open side of the door. unscrew all three and place the screws somewhere safe. also remove the clips that the screws were holding because they will get caught and prevent you from pulling your window out all the way later.

5. there are 2 white, rubbery, bump stops to prevent the window from going up too far. those will need to be removed as well. you should see 1 through either of the openings. they are close to the bottom edge of the window.

6. once these are all unscrewed, you will be able to pull your window out easily. (unless you are in the same situation as me and instead of pulling the window out, you have to vacuum it all out)

7.put your new window in (without any of the clips on or else you wont be able to fit it in with the weatherstripping in the way) and reverse the above steps.

My new window rolls up a little quicker now for some reason, so that might encourage me to go ahead and do the other window, but with pictures next time!!! (sorry)

this took me about 30-35 minutes with some set backs. this was my first time replacing this window. hope these steps help you change it out quicker and easier than it was for me!!

thanks for lookin.

-Corey