PDA

View Full Version : Cops are out writing tickets! Watch out!

Phatmiata
02-03-2012, 09:15 AM
I just got $250 in tickets for not coming to a complete stop, and since I just had my birthday last week my license was expired hahaha got a ticket for that too!!

Thank you TPD for taking more of my money instead of just giving me a warning, jerks. :fp:

Agent☣Orange
02-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Whoa! That's crazy! Since when did they start enforcing rolling stops?

The Driver
02-03-2012, 10:12 AM
Whoa! That's crazy! Since when did they start enforcing rolling stops?

Nice!

The whole "warnings" thing went away after the economy tanked. Using COPS for revenue generation is a proven method...

Thumper13
02-03-2012, 10:19 AM
I just got $250 in tickets for not coming to a complete stop, and since I just had my birthday last week my license was expired hahaha got a ticket for that too!!

Thank you TPD for taking more of my money instead of just giving me a warning, jerks. :fp:

You need to steal Yatas license and have a forger get you picture on it. That or do like me,have The Ticket Clinic on retainer

Phatmiata
02-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Nice!

The whole "warnings" thing went away after the economy tanked. Using COPS for revenue generation is a proven method...

QUOTE FOR TRUTH!!!

I even showed the cop the paperwork I had from the DMV (it was sitting in the passenger seat) That I had been to the DMV, just renewed my auto tag ($92.65) and was informed of the new DL stuff and I was collecting all the stuff I needed. Just need the "Certified" U.S. Birth Certificate to complete the process. Cop says : Sorry, your license is expired as of the 17th, you are driving illegally. And then KEEPS my License, hahahahaha

I pretty much exploded on the cop with F-bombs after reading how much the tickets are for, fuck it, I already have the tickets right! Told her that they can all "go to hell" for ripping off the tax payers instead of cracking down on drug dealers and crooks out here.

And now with this new law about the NEW Certified LICENSE its just another way for all the government departments to get more tax payer money.

The Driver
02-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Dude, you'd be EFFED up major league, had you been caught driving with the car unregistered! It must have been on the Merlot, right?

Phatmiata
02-03-2012, 11:27 AM
No i was driving the MINI Cooper, the Merlot's Slave Cylinder took a dump last week. :(

I<3flippyheadlights
02-03-2012, 11:57 AM
Dude I got a speeding ticket of 250. The cop claimed I was going 61 in a 45, and he only had about 20ft to tag me. He didn't say a word to me, just printed the ticket and said have a good day. Fucking dicks cops are now a days.

Jester
02-03-2012, 12:08 PM
or do like me,have The Ticket Clinic on retainer

Do places like that work?

JTninja
02-03-2012, 12:16 PM
QUOTE FOR TRUTH!!!

I even showed the cop the paperwork I had from the DMV (it was sitting in the passenger seat) That I had been to the DMV, just renewed my auto tag ($92.65) and was informed of the new DL stuff and I was collecting all the stuff I needed. Just need the "Certified" U.S. Birth Certificate to complete the process. Cop says : Sorry, your license is expired as of the 17th, you are driving illegally. And then KEEPS my License, hahahahaha

I pretty much exploded on the cop with F-bombs after reading how much the tickets are for, fuck it, I already have the tickets right! Told her that they can all "go to hell" for ripping off the tax payers instead of cracking down on drug dealers and crooks out here.

And now with this new law about the NEW Certified LICENSE its just another way for all the government departments to get more tax payer money.

Fight it

The Driver
02-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Fight it

He should... I'm not one to gossip, but I hear that Phat sleeps with his lawyer... :shock:

:ninja:

Thumper13
02-03-2012, 12:25 PM
Yup,costs some money but my driving record is spotless :mrgreen: Anybody who has ever driven with me or followed me just looks with a blank stare and asks how.

kung fu jesus
02-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Local municipalities and county sheriffs here have been stickling for the past 2 years now around here. They start by looking for a lack of a front license plate, then it goes from there. When you start looking, you'll see a LOT of cars without front plates, especially high-end luxury imports. The tickets are initially low, but after you add in the court costs, which you don't see until you actually GET to court, they balloon. I was popped for littering about 2 years ago. $50 fine, with the court fees, it was a bit over $400 or 8 hours of community service.

The cellphone laws were strictly enforced, but I still see a lot people still blabbing away with their phone held to the ear while driving. It's $20 fine but comes to about $200 after fees, IIRC. It goes up if you get caught repeatedly. I have a BT speaker in the car, but I don't answer it while I'm driving.

f86sabjf
02-03-2012, 12:42 PM
The ticket clinic worked for the wife at 83 in a 65 worth a shot

The Driver
02-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Local municipalities and county sheriffs here have been stickling for the past 2 years now around here. They start by looking for a lack of a front license plate, then it goes from there. When you start looking, you'll see a LOT of cars without front plates, especially high-end luxury imports. The tickets are initially low, but after you add in the court costs, which you don't see until you actually GET to court, they balloon. I was popped for littering about 2 years ago. $50 fine, with the court fees, it was a bit over $400 or 8 hours of community service.

The cellphone laws were strictly enforced, but I still see a lot people still blabbing away with their phone held to the ear while driving. It's $20 fine but comes to about $200 after fees, IIRC. It goes up if you get caught repeatedly. I have a BT speaker in the car, but I don't answer it while I'm driving.

O.K. U lost me. So in Cali, you get fined, and you automatically have to go to court, and pay fines? In FL, when you get a ticket, if you don't contest, that's all you pay. Of course, by admitting guilt, your insurance may go up.

Phatmiata
02-03-2012, 02:49 PM
Just left the medical records office, had to pick up a copy of my Birth Certificate (now required to renew your license) lame. And now I'm at Tax Collectors office waiting in line for new license.

kung fu jesus
02-03-2012, 03:15 PM
O.K. U lost me. So in Cali, you get fined, and you automatically have to go to court, and pay fines? In FL, when you get a ticket, if you don't contest, that's all you pay. Of course, by admitting guilt, your insurance may go up.

Yerp.

In NC, a trooper pulled me and two other cars over doing 15 over. I received at least five solicitations from area lawyers within a week. I paid $250 and it was reduced to improper mechanicals, or something like that amd 1 year probation. No points. Worth every penny.

You should see the speedtraps on I-15 in the Mohave desert between the CA and NV border. That HAS to be a huge revenue generator for both states.

The Driver
02-03-2012, 03:22 PM
Yerp.

In NC, a trooper pulled me and two other cars over doing 15 over. I received at least five solicitations from area lawyers within a week. I paid $250 and it was reduced to improper mechanicals, or something like that amd 1 year probation. No points. Worth every penny.

You should see the speedtraps on I-15 in the Mohave desert between the CA and NV border. That HAS to be a huge revenue generator for both states.

Oh my word! Saved by the bell! I lived in Ventura for almost 18 months, and I never got tagged by the CHP or anyone else... Parking tickets that were never paid in Culver City, Santa Monica and West Hollywood (clubbing with the gf, not what you think ;))... :whistle:

thedguy
02-03-2012, 03:27 PM

I didn't have to deal with any of that for my speed it license plate tickets. I just paid the fines or wrote to the court my plea and case.

Phatmiata
02-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Just got out with my new license. What a damn zoo!! I have a splitting headache now, but at least it's Friday!!!! Woo wooooooooooo!

Agent☣Orange
02-03-2012, 05:52 PM
What an ordeal.

I just got my Florida license a few months ago but I don't recall any hoops like that to jump through. I had a different state license up until then. I got some gold star on mine that means I am who I say I am but I didn't have to bring in a birth certificate.

Small White Car
02-03-2012, 06:35 PM
I didn't have to deal with any of that for my speed it license plate tickets. I just paid the fines or wrote to the court my plea and case.

You get a ticket in Cali and you get sent a 'courtesy notice' with an amount to pay and it is usually pretty steep but they hope you just write a check. You go to court and 50/50 chance you walk out a winner! BUT, you still had to pony up the fines to get the court date and now you have to wait for a check from the city/county.

In the 'you have nothing to lose' category, use your extensions up and when you absolutely positively have to be in front of the guy in robes, plead guilty and when they ask 'how much of the fine can you pay right now' (they always do) you can throw out 'Sir, If there were any way you could help me out with the penalty assessment, I could pay the fine right now.' and then cross your fingers and hold your breath a little and you may just get lucky.

Last time I was in court the 'PA' was $26.50 for every $10 of fine, so a ten dollar hit is in reality thirty six fifty.

Thumper13
02-03-2012, 08:09 PM
What an ordeal.

I just got my Florida license a few months ago but I don't recall any hoops like that to jump through. I had a different state license up until then. I got some gold star on mine that means I am who I say I am but I didn't have to bring in a birth certificate.

Nah,the gold star means you are a ...........uh........."special" person and are just barely capable of forming an intelligent sentence. This is to keep the cops from beating the crap out of you,just because you are mentally challenged. :P

Agent☣Orange
02-03-2012, 08:28 PM
That's awesome! You and I both have gold stars!

Phatmiata
02-03-2012, 08:49 PM
I haz gold starz three!!!

Thumper13
02-03-2012, 09:38 PM
I haz gold starz three!!!

Now,that's speshul. Does that allow you to ride you camel on public roads ?

Thumper13
02-03-2012, 09:41 PM
That's awesome! You and I both have gold stars!

You do know that three gold star drivers following each other are allowed to drive at speeds in excess of the capabilities of the average driver.

Hmmmmm I wonder if Phat can keep up on his smelly,farting ass, old toothless camel. Never-mind that was Yata's date from last week. Sorry Phat.

Agent☣Orange
02-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Rather, one-third the speed of the average driver.

Thumper13
02-03-2012, 09:47 PM
Speak for yourself

Agent☣Orange
02-03-2012, 09:59 PM
I see an automatic Volvo station wagon in your future you crippled ol fossil. What's your driver license number anyway? 1?

Andy
02-03-2012, 10:02 PM
i got a ticket the other day on the way to school for going 34 in a 30. They never posted a sign that the speed limit changed from 35. I just turned off the road for a block. What ever at least i won it in court.

Thumper13
02-04-2012, 07:03 AM
I see an automatic Volvo station wagon in your future you crippled ol fossil. What's your driver license number anyway? 1?

L-000-000-00-001-0.............what's wrong with Volvo's. I need a new company car but it will probably be a diesel Passat. ( automatic )

The hip is FINALLY getting a wee bit better,but,still a cripple. Then again with Prednisone and lots of Percocet chased by a Xanax I really don't give a shit :P