PDA

View Full Version : Answered Member feedback section in the B/S/T forum?

xjdesertfox
02-06-2012, 07:08 PM
Recently I read a thread were someone was asking why people were so reluctant to ship items on this forum.

Personally, I believe our community has a fear of not receiving the item for which they paid for. Thus there is not a large demand for shipping.

I believe we should add a "Member feedback" Forum. In this forum each member who wishes to have feedback from past transactions would have his/her own thread. Every time a member participates in another transaction, the person who they did a transaction with would post a reply with the member's feedback.

For example:
I would have my own thread in the feedback forum titled "XJDesertfox" and whenever I would buy/sell with someone, they would post a reply in my thread with feedback from the transaction.

MazRoadAdmin
02-07-2012, 12:48 AM
I believe this is part of the purpose of the "Reputation" system. Good dealings = leave Positive Rep. Bad Dealings = leave Negative Rep. Really Bad Dealings (like non-delivery) = notify admin and we'll handle it. (we can't get your money back, but we can try... and if necessary, we can take action against the seller, such as big negative rep, blocking them from FS forums, or even banning)

Not sure you're correct about the problem, though. If people are "reluctant to ship", it's not because they're afraid they won't receive the item... obviously, they already HAVE the item. It could just be that shipping is a pain in the ass and people are trying to avoid doing it if possible.

If people were "reluctant to buy", then that could be because they're afraid they wouldn't receive the item.

phillyb
02-07-2012, 12:50 AM
i don't think this is a job for the rep system

MazRoadAdmin
02-07-2012, 12:52 AM
We know you don't, Phillyb.

psulja
02-07-2012, 12:55 AM
I agree, the rep system can't tell people if that seller is trustworthy. You could have someone that had a lot of helpful posts with loads of positive rep but may just be terrible at selling and buying parts (taking forever to ship items or send payment, bad packaging leading to damage, etc) and the rep system won't show that.

Having a section with feedback threads for individuals would be very helpful, people can leave quick reviews of the transaction which will encourage people to buy from the more trustworthy members and at the same time will encourage those that aren't very quick with transactions to step it up a notch.

Phatmiata
02-07-2012, 09:37 AM
We are still reviewing an independent trader rating system for members, however right now we don't see enough for sale ads or members to really even justify it. When we get a tad bigger user base we can look into it again.

As for people not wanting to ship items, I think that is mostly do to the items being expensive to ship, and/or a pain in the butt to ship, and sometimes folks just like to keep parts in the local community. Also nobody wants to box up wheels/tires, roll bars, body parts, or other bulky items. And that is pretty much the same on ANY forum, however for smaller items everyone seems more than happy to ship on here and elsewhere.

Again, not saying this is the end all solution, we still have another system we are looking at, but right now we are still working out other bugs in the new Vb4 software, just give us some time to get everything running smoothly.