PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Noise

Cruz
01-17-2018, 03:09 PM
So i had the clutch replaced its a stage 2 comp clutch got it for a good price so i said why not. ive put roughly 3k-4k miles on it.Now i hear a clunk clunk clunk noise mainly it happens when:

-Put car in first or reverse
-Accelerate a bit, but not enough that one fully releases the clutch before slowing again - say backing out of a parking space, pulling one car length closer to a stop sign, that sort of thing.
-Upon releasing the gas and pushing the clutch back to the floor...clunk clunk clunk. Metallic-sounding.

note:
-Flywheel is not new however was resurfaced in the replacement of the clutch
-If staying on the gas and depressing the clutch so RPMs rise...no noise.
-If accelerating and fully releasing clutch and driving away, no noise.
-When slowing, even downshifting, no noise.
-Letting off the throttle at speed, any time the clutch pedal is fully released, no noise.

kung fu jesus
01-17-2018, 05:55 PM
So i had the clutch replaced its a stage 2 comp clutch got it for a good price so i said why not. ive put roughly 3k-4k miles on it.Now i hear a clunk clunk clunk noise mainly it happens when:

-Put car in first or reverse
-Accelerate a bit, but not enough that one fully releases the clutch before slowing again - say backing out of a parking space, pulling one car length closer to a stop sign, that sort of thing.
-Upon releasing the gas and pushing the clutch back to the floor...clunk clunk clunk. Metallic-sounding.

note:
-Flywheel is not new however was resurfaced in the replacement of the clutch
-If staying on the gas and depressing the clutch so RPMs rise...no noise.
-If accelerating and fully releasing clutch and driving away, no noise.
-When slowing, even downshifting, no noise.
-Letting off the throttle at speed, any time the clutch pedal is fully released, no noise.

Video would be REALLY helpful. Maybe a passenger shoots while you drive and narrate.

Is this a sprung clutch? Which manufacturer?

If I'm understanding you correctly, this only happens in 1st and reverse?

Cruz
01-19-2018, 11:08 AM
il try here pretty soon again its really only heard like in stop and go traffic, you know when you want to move the car forward, a good example also would be when your releasing the clutch pedal and then pressing it in again before stopping

kung fu jesus
01-23-2018, 03:40 PM
So, only at the moment of inertia?