PDA

View Full Version : The wife's new ride

chiefmg
01-31-2018, 12:33 PM
The wife and I spent the holidays in Savannah. We rented a car for a couple of days, when I asked her what she wanted she said a Camaro. We ended up with an RS trim V6. All the stories you have read about outward visibility are true. Still it was a nice car and that V6 is very capable.

When we got home I asked her if she could have one, what she would want. As it was pie-in-the-sky at that point in time, she said a white SS convertible. New would have been out of the question (I have a hard time spending that kind of money for any vehicle), so I started searching on Chevy's site for used. Lo and behold, there was a dealer local to us that had the very car, 2016 MY. I asked her if she could live with the Adrenaline Red interior and she said yes. Went and took a test drive on a very cold day which wasn't optimal with the high performance summer tires, but it drove well. Then followed several weeks of looking into financing, being too sick to do anything and further looking at the car. The dealer put it on a lift so I could look at the underneath, it was very clean (even only having 6684 miles on it). After a little more back and forth, the heavens aligned and last Saturday we brought her home.

It was rainy the next day so only shot a couple of pictures. Here you go:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4652/39899037772_b648bc0a8d_b.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4711/39931521491_d0aeff33f0_b.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4741/39931520491_c015c55be7_b.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4626/39931519471_f7c60b2bed_b.jpg

Summit White with Adrenaline Red interior. Basically all the bells and whistles except for navi. Has the magnetic ride dampers and dual mode exhaust. Sounds great, ride is fantastic. For some reason I don't feel as clastrophobic in this one as I did in the rental. Might have something to do with the rear windows being larger in the 'vert.

I have said I won't be modifying this, but I am already looking at some stuff. I have a set of floor mats on order, the dealer put in some of their badged generic ones that fit very badly (I am somewhat surprised given the issues with Prius mats a few years back). She wants black wheels, going to get some Z28 replicas for that (will probably Plastidip the stockers for now). I am getting a front splitter and now looking at a CAI. Of course a supercharger would be a nice addition...

chiefmg
01-31-2018, 05:25 PM
Today I worked my way through getting the seat/mirror memory settings done. Then I programmed one of the remote buttons for our garage door opener, that was a PITA because I had to do the complete procedure. Finally I removed a sticker for a local car wash that someone had placed low on the windshield. I was barely able to reach it with my scraper due to the small area thanks to the dash interface with the windshield. What a right-royal PITA. As my wife said, who in their right mind takes a convertible through a car wash? One of my neighbors stopped over while I was doing that to check out the car. His wife came out of their house for them to go somewhere, he didn't run right over and she was glaring at me. He told me previously he used to have fast cars and she doesn't want him anywhere near one. I guess I might be considered a bad influence.

It was warm enough here to drive to the store with the top down. Got a lot of looks for that, probably more than I do in the Miata.

kung fu jesus
02-01-2018, 08:56 AM
Lovely! I like the colors, but I'm biased.

I cannot put my wife into a car like this, she has a lead foot. Congratulations on the purchase!

Now that I've been in this house a year, I get a few stink eyes from the neighbors' SOs. With the Miatas occasionally decked out in track trim, friends' cars, and the like, I see the dudes looking as they roll by. :)

tsingson
02-01-2018, 09:51 AM
I see the dudes looking as they roll by. :)

chiefmg
02-01-2018, 12:43 PM
Lovely! I like the colors, but I'm biased.

I cannot put my wife into a car like this, she has a lead foot. Congratulations on the purchase!

Now that I've been in this house a year, I get a few stink eyes from the neighbors' SOs. With the Miatas occasionally decked out in track trim, friends' cars, and the like, I see the dudes looking as they roll by. :)

My wife has a heavy foot too, she said she would probably be losing her license now. I said then I guess the cars will sit!

I am not usually a fan of white cars but you are right, it is pretty. Should look better once I get black wheels on it.

kung fu jesus
02-01-2018, 02:21 PM
May I suggest painting the wheels to match the silver interior trim, or a shade or two darker? Black wheels with all the black trim on that car will look a bit heavy, especially if you consider the high beltline on that design. A metallic silver or Argent will give the wheel wells some depth and movement.

Agent☣Orange
02-01-2018, 06:15 PM
I’m not a fan of all-black wheels personally. These stock wheels look great to me and remind me of C7 Corvette wheels. If they’re too bright, there are some beautiful shades of silver out there. My Mazda 6 wheels had a deep, lustrous “dark” silver that’s hard to explain.

C7:

chiefmg
02-01-2018, 06:21 PM
May I suggest painting the wheels to match the silver interior trim, or a shade or two darker? Black wheels with all the black trim on that car will look a bit heavy, especially if you consider the high beltline on that design. A metallic silver or Argent will give the wheel wells some depth and movement.

They are already a nice shade of silver.

I’m not a fan of all-black wheels personally. These stock wheels look great to me and remind me of C7 Corvette wheels. If they’re too bright, there are some beautiful shades of silver out there. My Mazda 6 wheels had a deep, lustrous “dark” silver that’s hard to explain.

C7:

I know the shade of silver you are talking about for those 6 wheels, I would love to get a set for our CX-5. Think they would look great on the black body.

Her car, her choice on the wheels. See my first post above. I find it ironic she wants them dark when she gave me such grief about the bronze wheels I used to run on the Miata (and yes, I reminded her of that because I like to live on the edge).

Agent☣Orange
02-01-2018, 06:28 PM
Well, your Plastidip idea will work. It’ll give her a try before you buy opportunity in case she regrets all black. I’d suggest a 1” drop would do more for looks and performance than new wheels right now.

chiefmg
02-01-2018, 07:02 PM
Well, your Plastidip idea will work. It’ll give her a try before you buy opportunity in case she regrets all black. I’d suggest a 1” drop would do more for looks and performance than new wheels right now.

She's been looking at pictures online so her mind is pretty much set. As for the suspension, I'm not touching that. We have the magnetic ride control, in order to change anything you have to buy the GM kit which includes having a dealer recalibrate the settings for the MRC. All in that is about $2000. She doesn't need anything more capable than it already is in the handling department. :mrgreen:

Agent☣Orange
02-01-2018, 07:10 PM
Are you going to tint the windows?

John J
02-01-2018, 08:27 PM
Beautiful AO! Will the seats fit a Miata? :lol:

Also, think hydro-dip for the wheels-go exotic with the wheel. How about snake skin?

Agent☣Orange
02-01-2018, 08:30 PM
Huh?

chiefmg
02-01-2018, 08:41 PM
Are you going to tint the windows?

Probably not. I have never tinted the windows in any car I have owned, only tint that was put on by the factory. Now that I am older with the eyes to match I don't want to deal with any reduction in visibility at night. It's not as bright up here as it is where you live anyway.

Agent☣Orange
02-01-2018, 08:48 PM
Wish I could have been there

https://youtu.be/Us0a93bPPDQ

kung fu jesus
02-01-2018, 08:54 PM
That magnetic suspension system is the business. I wouldn’t touch the height. Tinted windows are a hassle unless you need ‘em. It makes the police nervous during traffic stops, too.

Agent☣Orange
02-01-2018, 09:02 PM
Window tint has come a long way since the 80s. Nowadays, you can get a tint that is barely discernible from clear windows yet blocks most UV and infrared wavelengths. In Florida, it’s almost necessary to block infrared heat and interior degradation from ultra violet.

That magnetic suspension is still pretty amazing; electrically manipulating particles to change damping on the fly.

Agent☣Orange
02-01-2018, 09:31 PM
Just noticed the factory D-cut steering wheel. Good job Chevy! I refuse to pay $700 for an aftermarket one.

chiefmg
02-01-2018, 10:21 PM
That magnetic suspension system is the business. I wouldn’t touch the height. Tinted windows are a hassle unless you need ‘em. It makes the police nervous during traffic stops, too.

I haven't had the chance to really put it through its paces yet due to weather, but the ride is nice and supple in a straight line but tightens right up when you take a corner.

Window tint has come a long way since the 80s. Nowadays, you can get a tint that is barely discernible from clear windows yet blocks most UV and infrared wavelengths. In Florida, it’s almost necessary to block infrared heat and interior degradation from ultra violet.

That magnetic suspension is still pretty amazing; electrically manipulating particles to change damping on the fly.

I know about the clear stuff, if there is an issue with interior heat in the summer then I might get that. It has cooled seats, she uses the A/C in the Miata if it's hot in the summer while she has the top down so I'm curious to see how well the seats do.

Just noticed the factory D-cut steering wheel. Good job Chevy! I refuse to pay $700 for an aftermarket one.

The extra legroom is nice, but it's a little weird turning the wheel shuffling it through your hands when you hit the flat spot.

Agent☣Orange
02-01-2018, 10:34 PM
Hmm. Will you please compare to your ship’s wheel?

chiefmg
02-02-2018, 02:41 PM
I don't work in that world. Modern ship's wheels are small, with less diameter than a normal car steering wheel.

Correct GM floor mats showed up today. It's nice not having to worry about them sliding around and getting caught under the pedals. Driver's side is a little shorter than what you normally see, I guess they figure people won't be putting their feet close to the seat if it's pushed back.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4659/39147527365_b308df115b_b.jpg

chiefmg
02-05-2018, 07:36 PM
Got her registered/licensed today. Bought a slim black frame for it and then had to go to three different places looking for some nylon screws. Some time since my last purchase of these, they stopped making the nuts with flanges. This means they don't cover the holes on either the plate of the frame. Finally found some that will work at O'Reilly's. What I do is install them at the bottom of the frame in reverse so the head is next to the body. I put some silicone on the heads so the body is protected, this also keeps it from rattling. I'll have to see what GM used for inserts for the attachment screws, I may have to cut a piece of rubber I have to put at the top of the plate so it doesn't abrade the paint.

riefdaddy
02-06-2018, 06:27 AM
My wife's car has ventilated seats. She hates them. Says they make her think she peed her pants. Now we ask others who have them and the consensus is easily 95+% of the women who have the seats hate them for the same reason. They love heated seats, but not ventilated. It will be interesting to find out how your wife feels about them. BTW, I will occasionally hit the switch to see how long it takes for her to notice. It is around 1 minute before she retaliates.

chiefmg
02-07-2018, 02:17 PM
I'll definitely post her thoughts once we reach the point of the year where we can actually use the cooling instead of the heat. Because you know, science and all that.

When I got the Camaro licensed the other day, at one point the woman helping me asked if I knew how many cylinders it had. In my head I was like Duh! I then realized I was thinking like a car guy, and the general public probably needs to be asked that question.

Agent☣Orange
02-07-2018, 10:20 PM
I thought all Cameros were four-cylinder.

chiefmg
02-13-2018, 05:25 PM
I thought all Cameros were four-cylinder.

Troll.

First hand wash today, I did it after noontime so had to be quick about drying it off before the water could spot. Some genius left the hose full with a nozzle on it, so I had a hose full of mostly ice when I started. Once that was done I buffed out some black marks on the car that were bugging me. Now I'm waiting on the screen protector for the infotainment system. Same brand I used on the CX-5, it lasted 3 years (have a new one to put on) so that's not bad.

chiefmg
02-14-2018, 01:51 PM
Lexerd screen protector showed up today so I put that on with the help of my car-guy grandson. It's cut precisely to size and since the screen is a weird shape tilted back, I wasn't able to get it perfectly centered. Used a credit card to get the bubbles out, looks pretty good.

chiefmg
02-20-2018, 05:27 PM
As I was filing the paperwork for the car, I read both the original window sticker and the dealer's used car window sticker. Both showed front carpet floor mats, which we did not receive. I wrote the used car manager about that, as well as the two missing valve stem caps and one missing lug nut. He responded quickly and said they would take care of that. I went and picked everything up today. It is nice to experience a dealer that stands up and makes things right.

Agent☣Orange
02-21-2018, 12:14 AM
They kept the custom mats and sold them for a profit.

chiefmg
03-04-2018, 03:45 PM
It was just the factory mats. My guess is someone at the dealership took them, or they weren't in the car when they got it and the person who copied the original window sticker didn't know. I have found some longer aftermarket mats for the front which I may get, it bugs me not having a mat that covers the whole area under your feet.

Agent☣Orange
03-04-2018, 04:48 PM
How about WeatherTech mats?

chiefmg
03-05-2018, 03:37 PM
They aren't any longer than the factory mats. It's like someone said, let's see how short we can make the mats for this car. I prefer carpeted ones for most of the year anyway. This car won't be driven when it's too nasty out.

chiefmg
03-20-2018, 05:27 PM
Not too much to report since I'm still at work. I did buy some smoked sidemarker LED lights, along with the factory windblocker. Lest any of you complain about pricing of Miata parts, how about $459 for the GM Camaro windblocker? That's right. I scoured around and found a seller on eBay for $418, then lucked out and was in port for their 20% off coupon so I got a deal. Still paid $334 for that damn thing. It better work as advertised (if not I am sure I will be able to sell it on). There is more to it than your average piece, it has a vertical component that rides behind the front seats, as well as a horizontal section that covers the rear seats. It also folds into quarter-size for easy stowage.

I also picked up some used TPMS sensors and some black Chevy center caps for when we get the wheels she wants.

Agent☣Orange
03-21-2018, 11:19 PM
You act like you’re on a ship in the middle of an ocean or something. Anyone has time after work to crank a couple of wrenches.

chiefmg
04-03-2018, 05:23 PM
Yeah, yeah. I'm dying over here.

Bought a set of rock guards (aka mud flaps to my generation). The place I got them from was out of the front/rear sets, someone on the Camaro forum advertised a set cheaper so I sent him a message maybe an hour after he posted. The next few days were followed by more interest in his items but despite the fact he was logged on several times he never responded to anyone. I gave up on those and ordered from the company direct once they were back in stock.

Bryan
04-04-2018, 07:43 AM
You act like you’re on a ship in the middle of an ocean or something. Anyone has time after work to crank a couple of wrenches.I don't :lol:

chiefmg
04-13-2018, 09:47 PM
Made the final purchase of items (for now) the other day. Since we are going to be taking some long trips in this I decided after some research to buy it a bra. Not your dad's (or mine) bra but a newfangled type. It's a NoviStretch. Goes on and off quickly, is easy to clean and supposedly does a good job protecting things. Time will tell. I found a really good deal by randomly searching and saved $25 over the next cheapest place. I got a shipping notice yesterday but so far the USPS site shows me nothing.

Agent☣Orange
04-14-2018, 12:23 AM
Car bras? Is the 1980s calling?

chiefmg
04-17-2018, 02:34 PM
Maybe...

This is strictly due to the fragile paint on every car out there today. I have read about (and experienced) Mazda's easy-to-chip paint, but apparently it is not limited to them. Probably has to do with the water based paint manufacturers are using in the interest of being environmentally friendly.

I still didn't see anything on the USPS site when we got in today so wrote to the company. Turned out I was given an incorrect tracking number (why didn't the USPS site tell me that?) and it was delivered Friday. It was a good customer service experience, if I decide to buy an engine upgrade stuff I'll go to them first.

kung fu jesus
04-17-2018, 05:54 PM
Maybe...

This is strictly due to the fragile paint on every car out there today. I have read about (and experienced) Mazda's easy-to-chip paint, but apparently it is not limited to them. Probably has to do with the water based paint manufacturers are using in the interest of being environmentally friendly.

I still didn't see anything on the USPS site when we got in today so wrote to the company. Turned out I was given an incorrect tracking number (why didn't the USPS site tell me that?) and it was delivered Friday. It was a good customer service experience, if I decide to buy an engine upgrade stuff I'll go to them first.

The 3m clear films are available die-cut for most makes and models. They really work well and can be removed/replaced after it ages.

chiefmg
04-17-2018, 07:03 PM
I am familiar with the clear paint protection. Most of the Camaro guys seem to favor Xpel for vinyl over other choices. Based on the rest of our cars operating where we live, I don't feel the need to spend the money for that level of protection. However on long trips (mostly freeway with all the crap on the roads) I wanted something to keep the damage to a minimum. Enter this: https://www.novistretch.com/collections/camaro Easy on/off, easy to clean (I'll see) and doesn't appear to harm the paint from what I have read. Time will tell of course.

MX5Wisher
04-18-2018, 01:54 AM
Looks amazing...

chiefmg
05-05-2018, 12:59 PM
Got home last night. Ended up getting up later than I had planned this morning, but still had time to install the smoked sidemarkers and fasteners for the bra. I then washed her dirty butt (wheels were especially bad) and we drove to one of the grandsons' soccer game. Of course it started raining. Still had fun with the power. :slayer:

chiefmg
05-06-2018, 09:20 PM
After the drive in the rain yesterday I got up this morning and washed her again. Needed it clean to go to my oldest's graduation. Just before the wash I installed the rock guards (aka mud flaps). It probably would have been easier if I had removed the wheels, although that would have meant taking longer. Luckily I have a small ratcheting wrench with a variety of bits so I could get it done without wheel removal.

She got rained on again tonight so guess another bath will be in order tomorrow. Maybe if the rain stays away I will get some pictures.

Agent☣Orange
05-06-2018, 09:45 PM
I just installed mine. Since I already had the wheels off for suspension improvements, it was pretty easy. Had to drill holes for the rears. Lots of Vette owners making a mountain out a molehill and trying to find right-angle drills to squeeze in between the tire and the fender but I still don't get why it's so hard to put a car on stands and remove the wheels. God forbid they ever have to check tire pressures. They'll probably complain the valve stems aren't at 12-O'Clock when parked in the garage and send angry letters to GM.

Did my side markers too but instead of smoked, I went with color matched plus LED upgrade. I think Oracle makes these for Camaros too. I upgraded my DRLs to brighter LED and tinted my fog light lenses to yellow while I was at it.

chiefmg
05-07-2018, 06:01 PM
Corvettes, pfft. How much did you die inside drilling holes in your car? I do like those sidemarkers. I have something similar on the RX-8, they have clear lenses and the backing piece is painted body color so they blend in.

Today went to the dealer to get some wiper blades and an oil filter. By all accounts the factory wiper blades are good and last (which they should for the price). This afternoon I removed a couple of pins from the passenger seatback to allow it to recline more. Lots of speculation as to why Chevy limited the recline but I know my wife will hate a long trip if she can't lay back some. It was just a little PITA to do, would have been easier if I had sharper drill bits but having a Dremel sort of offset that.

Agent☣Orange
05-07-2018, 06:26 PM
No fear at all. The splash guards extend into the wheel wells and once attached to the fender with 3M tape, I just drilled four holes into the black plastic wheel well lining and inserted the included push pins. It’s an OEM GM kit so it fits perfectly. Most higher trim levels already have these installed but I chose a completely base car this time.

Oh, not pictured but I did convert all the side markers to flash as turn signals like I did my Miata back in the day. I’ll have to shoot some video when I finally do my write up. Very cool effect.

Speaking of annoying Chevy quirks, manual-transmission Vettes have what’s called skip shift. It would physically block you from going from first to second if moving less than 25mph (I think) but directs you to fourth instead which is very frustrating. I heard it was done for to increase the official mileage rating but who knows. Of course, there is a little aftermarket kit that will override this “feature.”

chiefmg
05-07-2018, 08:43 PM
I'm familiar with the skip shift feature. Having an auto we don't have that, but we do have the AFM (automatic fuel management) that drops the engine to 4 cylinders under some conditions. I haven't seen a problem with it but many on the Camaro forum do. It also has an electronic aftermarket solution.

chiefmg
05-08-2018, 09:11 PM
Drove to Savannah today. Except for getting rained on some through the mountains (of course I washed it this morning) it was a good trip. The one complete tank we burned through netted us 29 mpg. Gotta love multi-gear transmissions and cylinder deactivation.

chiefmg
05-09-2018, 09:37 AM
BTW, that bra is great. I had a little trouble getting the snaps to release this morning, but it rinsed right off in the shower. Let it dry and it'll be good to go again. They only make them for select vehicles but if you have one they cover and do a lot of long distance trips I highly recommend it.

chiefmg
05-11-2018, 11:42 AM
Just ordered the PlastiDip kit for her wheels. The wife wants black, I came across black sapphire which I think will be a nicer touch (and maybe sort of match up to the smoked lights that are on there) so that is what I bought. Hey, if she doesn't like it I'll tell her she can peel it off. With her nails, I doubt she would (although the woman is full of surprises).

riefdaddy
05-12-2018, 06:06 AM
Just ordered the PlastiDip kit for her wheels. The wife wants black, I came across black sapphire which I think will be a nicer touch (and maybe sort of match up to the smoked lights that are on there) so that is what I bought. Hey, if she doesn't like it I'll tell her she can peel it off. With her nails, I doubt she would (although the woman is full of surprises).

She'd do it on one wheel - partially. Then go get a high end mani/pedi in retaliation. ;)

chiefmg
05-16-2018, 08:24 PM
More likely, she'd get a couple of the grandsons to do the job for her.

I ordered some plastic cards marketed for tire protection while painting wheels. Received the plastic cards today, so will be able to color the wheels once the Miata work is done (and the weather cooperates).

Took some pictures last night after arriving home, excuse the offset in the first one. You can see the smoked sidemarkers and the bra. In the second picture you can see how well the bra works keeping crap off the front.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/946/41258918035_86dd193120_c.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/980/42159962511_ca62011e90_c.jpg

Bryan
05-16-2018, 08:52 PM
That bra does look wonky (aside from a clear bra, I don't know what wouldn't), but it also looks very easy to collapse and unlike those semi-permanent ones, doesn't look like it'll leave an army of scratches once it comes off.

Agent☣Orange
05-16-2018, 09:37 PM
I'm going to go crank A Flock Of Seagulls and revisit this thread.

P.S. Is your neighbor really wearing pink short-shorts and white socks with sandals?

Bryan
05-16-2018, 09:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOK3rqVgN2I

chiefmg
05-17-2018, 10:23 AM
I'm going to go crank A Flock Of Seagulls and revisit this thread.

P.S. Is your neighbor really wearing pink short-shorts and white socks with sandals?

Possibly. He's an idiot. Every time they have a garage sale (at least once a month) all their customers park in the cul-de-sac despite a sign quite clearly stating this is not allowed. When I put a sign up on our mailbox also stating this he took it off. Very inconsiderate people.

Bryan, the bra is extremely stretchy. As in, you have to snap one side on and then pull it over to the other side. No marring of the finished so far, and I didn't notice any buffeting while driving. I am going to lube the snaps as a couple gave me trouble coming off.

A nice sunny day, so of course I washed it again. Needed to get some sap and other marks off the paint from our trip. Pretty much got the majority of the marks off by gently scrubbing with my wash mitt. I used the last of my RaggTop cleaner so will have to source more of that. On to the Miata for the rest of the day.

chiefmg
05-21-2018, 08:12 PM
Jacked her up tonight, pulled the wheels and cleaned same preparatory to tomorrow's coating (well, if the rain doesn't come). While it is up there I inspected the brakes (all good with plenty of meat left on the pads). I'm also going to change the oil while it is suspended, lifting this car is a royal PITA. Can't use my QuickJack (not long enough) so had to do it the old-fashioned way. Luckily I shouldn't have to lift it often.

chiefmg
05-22-2018, 08:46 PM
Today started off well but ended like shit. Got the wheels dipped, oil changed, the smoked tail lights finally showed up so I got those installed. Went to the store, when I got home and was pulling into the drive I managed to hit the rear of the CX-5 with the rear fender of the Camaro. Put some nice dings in it. Not really any damage to the CX as the impact was strictly to the bumper cover (I will have to buff out the white marks). I am not very happy with myself right now. Just went out to the garage and noticed the backup lights were lit on the Camaro. Come to find out the guy I bought them from had installed LED bulbs. I remember reading about this being an option with one vendor, now I have to investigate to see what I might need to let them work correctly. In the meantime I pulled the normal bulbs out of the red tails and put those in.

Tomorrow I will be calling the dealer we bought it from to see if they have a good PDR guy (if it can even be fixed that way).

Bryan
05-22-2018, 10:11 PM
Oh man...bummer :(

Hope you get it all sorted out!

chiefmg
05-25-2018, 12:18 PM
No pictures of the damage just yet. I visited two body shops yesterday, haven't received the estimate from the one place (I've used them in the past to paint various bits for the Miata) but the dealer quoted $977.

It is a nice day here so I took the opportunity to take a drive down one of my favorite Miata roads to do a comparison. The park where I have taken pictures of the Miata is on the way so I stopped in. Here is how she looks with the wheels done:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/902/27477648757_153f561549_c.jpg

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1753/41624093504_08002a581b_c.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/874/27477651687_cac248a68e_c.jpg

I am expecting some flat black valve stem caps today so the only thing shiny will be the lug nuts.

Picture of the coating in progress:

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1750/41444856345_c7da0801ec_c.jpg

The red pieces are the plastic cards I bought to use specifically for this. Finally, guess where the factory wheels are made?

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1740/41444857235_e3eb0cbc10_c.jpg

Agent☣Orange
05-25-2018, 09:24 PM
Are those the BadYear F1 run-flat tires? How old are they?

chiefmg
05-25-2018, 10:09 PM
Yes they are. The car is a 2016, so you know, two years old. Most phones have calculators on them if your math skills are lacking. :toomuch:

I am looking for something to replace them with by the end of the summer, don't need really high performance tires for the wife, just something that she can safely drive on when it is colder. I'm leaning towards some Generals after the good experience I have had with their products.

Agent☣Orange
05-25-2018, 10:38 PM
Are you making fun of my arithmatik skills now? You know I spend Friday nights drinking beer in my garage and answering MazdarRoadster.net fan mail.

Anyway, your BadYears were probably made in 2015, maybe even 2014 and turn hard quickly. God forbid you touch the gas pedal when it's raining. They're also loud. Get rid of them of go with Michelin Pilot Sport or Continentals and a tow plan (that you'll never use, probably). They'll change the feel of the car that you will notice.

Agent☣Orange
05-25-2018, 10:59 PM
My phone has a calculator?

chiefmg
05-26-2018, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the info on the GYs. I have noticed the car is quick to slip and slide at low speeds but figured it was due to the prodigious torque underneath my foot. I will say the car felt isolated from the road when I took it down my favorite Miata road the other day. I chalked it up to the extra weight it carries but the tires could certainly be a factor. Any replacements will be normal tires but I have to work to a budget as well as having some that can handle cooler temperatures so the wife can drive her baby and I won't have to worry about her losing control.

Living in Florida you can always use your toes to count if you can't figure out the calculator...

kung fu jesus
05-27-2018, 05:36 PM
I don’t know if they are in your size, or your budget, but I loved the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 on my e30 and my wife’s car. I stick with that brand for her stuff just because it been so consistent and good, even when it shouldn’t be. They are spendy, but it’s one less thing I worry about if she goes out in colder weather when snow/ice/rain is present.

Jerry L
05-28-2018, 05:39 AM
You guys down there talking about "cold weather"! <snicker>

My Escape will need at least two tires before the next snow season, so I went on-line to get an idea of what kind of price tag to expect. Yowza! What do they make these out of, unicorn hyde?

MiataQuest
05-28-2018, 08:37 AM
I ran Michelin Super Pilot Sports spring, summer, and fall on my 1987 Audi 5000 Quattro. Excellent in the rain and they handled well. They were really good for late fall rally's on the twisty roads of the Ohio 555 with the Columbus Audi Club.

For a person that enjoys their car, they are worth the extra money.

I did not think the Super Pilot Sports were very good in the snow. I ran Bridgestone Blizzaks as dedicated snow tires in the winter.

kung fu jesus
05-28-2018, 03:14 PM
Michelin Pilot Super Sports and Pilot Sport A/S 3 are two different tires. The A/S 3s are all-seasons. We received a few decent snowfalls in Raleigh to test them thoroughly and successfully.

chiefmg
05-28-2018, 10:31 PM
I don’t know if they are in your size, or your budget, but I loved the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 on my e30 and my wife’s car. I stick with that brand for her stuff just because it been so consistent and good, even when it shouldn’t be. They are spendy, but it’s one less thing I worry about if she goes out in colder weather when snow/ice/rain is present.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate everyone who has given feedback on different tires. I am going to go with the General AS-05. I have had different Generals on several cars and they have all performed great. Price point is good and the handling/wear has impressed me. We don't need dedicated snow tires as this is a for-fun car, but I need something that will let her drive safely when the temperatures are colder. I'll report back on how they are once I get them installed and scrubbed in. Earlier tonight I got grief from the wife for accelerating across a four lane to get clear of traffic, there may have been some tire squealing noises generated. It was all in the name of safety, not because I am 16 years old when driving a car of such power. :whistle:

kung fu jesus
05-28-2018, 11:25 PM
Acceleration friction testing. You know, for science. ;)

chiefmg
05-29-2018, 06:33 PM
Acceleration friction testing. You know, for science. ;)

That wouldn't fly with my wife. At least she didn't beat on me when it happened.

Pulled the trigger on a set of General AS-05s from Discount Tire Direct. Price was better than Tire Rack with free shipping, although they don't include road hazard insurance like TR does. Memorial Day sale means we also get $75 rebate so final cost is $660.

Agent☣Orange
05-29-2018, 09:50 PM
Earlier tonight I got grief from the wife for accelerating across a four lane to get clear of traffic, there may have been some tire squealing noises generated. It was all in the name of safety, not because I am 16 years old when driving a car of such power. :whistle:

What’s the point of all that torque if not for clearing traffic, passing and highway onramps?

chiefmg
05-31-2018, 08:52 PM
While I agree with that perspective my wife does not. At least, not if she isn't driving. :teehee: True story, she told me that she feels like our CX-5 is anemic now when she goes to pass someone. I told her she just has to adjust to the different vehicle dynamics.

New tires showed up today. Will get them mounted tomorrow, I'll report back with some impressions once I get them scrubbed in. Also set to take her to the body shop on Monday.

chiefmg
06-01-2018, 03:53 PM
New tires are on the wheels and installed. I'll have to touch up the PlastiDip around the rim of three of the wheels due to the machine, but overall it isn't bad. I'll be doing some dynamic friction testing tomorrow.

Agent☣Orange
06-01-2018, 04:10 PM
I wonder how long that Plastidip will last on the wheels.

chiefmg
06-03-2018, 02:54 PM
By all accounts it should do well, I'll let everyone know.

Went to see a movie with a friend of mine, took the Camaro since he hadn't seen it yet. The Generals are a good tire. Ride is much smoother and quieter than it was with the Goodyear run-flats, and the handling is at least as good. I will be taking it down my Miata road again so I can have a direct comparison but I am very happy with them.

chiefmg
06-04-2018, 08:25 PM
Up early this morning and removed some bits and pieces (rear fender liners, trunk lining). Y'all would have gotten a kick of seeing me in the trunk getting the forward fasteners out, I nearly didn't get myself out. GM used plastic pins that are tenacious to say the least. Once that was all done dropped her off at the body shop to correct my mistake.

Agent☣Orange
06-06-2018, 10:47 PM
Are you sure this is your wife’s car?

chiefmg
06-07-2018, 06:24 PM
Are you sure this is your wife’s car?

Well yeah. I can't help caring though.

Got the call yesterday the car was done, so we picked it up this morning. Phenomenal work, they even took care of a couple of dings (one I knew about, one I didn't). I washed the mud off the fender liners and installed everything back that I had removed. Didn't even come close to getting stuck in the trunk this time. Wife is happy so life is good.

chiefmg
06-09-2018, 07:50 AM
Wife and I went to a grandson's baseball game last night in the Camaro. As we were walking to the car after the game was over, I heard a kid say, "Whoa! Is that a Lamborghini?" I guess he needs more exposure to cars.

chiefmg
06-11-2018, 08:19 AM
For your viewing pleasure, here is what I had to climb into the trunk for. The first picture shows the location on the liner of the fastener (this goes all the way into the trunk), the second is a view into the trunk itself.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1722/27864952057_4715333b78_b.jpg

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1754/41834143245_181d4497d1_b.jpg

Note, the trunk shot doesn't really show just how far up it goes.

kung fu jesus
06-11-2018, 10:14 AM
Wow, that's a lot of electronics in the back. Did BMW make this Camaro? ;)

chiefmg
06-11-2018, 11:08 AM
If you think that's a lot you should see the underneath of the car. Heat exchangers for days (IIRC there are six of them).

kung fu jesus
06-11-2018, 11:48 AM
woof!

chiefmg
07-06-2018, 05:14 PM
Ordered a front lip for it today (it's funny how much mislabeling I see about this car, it's marketed as a splitter). I'm also looking at sideskirts, want to get something that will give so I don't have to worry so much about damage.

Agent☣Orange
07-06-2018, 06:06 PM
Those are going to make getting in and out a PIA. I heard you went to help out a fellow Miater. Good job.

Bryan
07-06-2018, 07:33 PM
He did :oops:

chiefmg
07-07-2018, 12:04 PM
Those are going to make getting in and out a PIA. I heard you went to help out a fellow Miater. Good job.

The ones I am looking at are relatively low profile so shouldn't create too big of an issue. The doors are huge so with where my wife sits she should have no problems at all.

Nah, I just sat around watching the other guys work.

chiefmg
07-08-2018, 08:34 AM
Made my decision on the side skirts so those are ordered.

On the way home from dinner a few nights ago with the wife, someone sat at a red light despite right-on-red rules and a clear road. I try to be patient but they sat there for so long I honked two separate times (my wife was urging me to honk more). Finally they remembered where the go pedal was and went. When it was my turn I had some frustration to vent so I started the turn and then punched it. Had a little wheelspin then she just hooked up. My wife was like Holy !!!!! I don't think she had ever launched it hard. I will say the traction control is really good on this car, it takes care of business without being intrusive.

chiefmg
07-11-2018, 10:22 PM
Front lip came yesterday, along with the paint. I had house duties to take care of today (pressure washing siding) so didn't do anything with it but look at it. Side skirts are supposed to be here tomorrow, but the last time I checked the package was in NY so I doubt it. Tonight I ordered a SEMA grille and a mesh radiator protector (apparently there is a real chance of damage to the radiator on these cars, even if it isn't as bad as people think for $40 I'll take the insurance).

chiefmg
07-12-2018, 02:27 PM
Prepped/painted the front lip, but the paint I used sucked. I looked on Amazon for some flexible primer, SEM had that and gloss black trim paint so I bought both. I had never used their paint but always read good things about their products. The primer was fine but the paint is far from glossy and I ended up with a lot of crap in the paint (I'm guessing something to do with the spray pattern since I have never had that issue when rattle-canning before). Just went out and bought some Duplicolor trim and bumper paint (like what I used on the Miata's diffuser) in black. I'll give that a go tomorrow.

chiefmg
07-13-2018, 02:13 PM
Sanded the lip down this morning to get rid of all the crap. Shot it with the Duplicolor, hung it from the garage door opened track which made life easier. It came out much better, although it still isn't the glossy black I was hoping for.

Side skirts showed up. The manufacturer is in Canada and the box showed it. Luckily it required a signature and the FedEx guy was understanding so I opened the box and inspected them before he left. All good thankfully. Gave them a light sanding preparatory for paint (they came primed), found a couple of pinholes so have those patched now and waiting on the stuff to dry. Hoping to get them painted tonight, if not then it will be tomorrow. Should be able to get the lip installed in the morning before she heads off for the day.

chiefmg
07-14-2018, 04:10 PM
Painted the side skirts today. I had to put multiple coats of the patching compound on a hole on one side, the three holes on the other one seemed to be good with one application. Naturally enough when I was done painting the damn thing I found that was not the case, so I'll be sanding those back down and reshooting tomorrow. Had a couple of small runs on the front lip so I sanded those and reshot them to satisfy my inner CDO.

chiefmg
07-16-2018, 03:10 PM
Picture time. Here is the front lip, shot with the primer and then the SEM (junk) paint.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1787/28566452597_b3d6e625c4_b.jpg

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1807/43404870262_4476b044da_b.jpg

Side skirts as received (they were already primed):

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1827/28566450647_7d26a64c5c_b.jpg

One of the spots I had to patch:

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1826/43404868412_5f1a003f37_b.jpg

How I hung the side skirts to paint:

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1786/28566448117_ab03b80d2f_b.jpg

Spots on the one I had to redo (small but annoying):

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1827/43404866132_ab8b33f90b_b.jpg

This morning I installed the front lip, it was relatively easy as it reuses 8 fasteners on the front bumper and adds four self-tapping screws. Then I moved on to the passenger side skirt. I used some tape to hold it in position while I drilled the holes (you can't see the two pieces of tape on the underneath side):

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1769/43404864002_47a0764dda_b.jpg

After putting in the first pop-rivet my aged tool decided to stop working so it was off to Ace for a replacement. I decided to buy a set of spring clamps to do the other side skirt (since I didn't have any):

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/926/43404862942_c7a438197d_b.jpg

In this next picture you can see one of the upper rivets installed, and two of the holes for the bottom rivets:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/919/28566441957_9df017803f_b.jpg

Note these attach to the plastic lower rocker piece.

chiefmg
07-16-2018, 03:11 PM
How does it all look? Only some garage pictures for now due to rain, but here you go:

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1809/43404861262_6b60c0fb3e_b.jpg

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1770/28566439907_f4102e3fc7_b.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/926/28566437547_bcae49fdc4_b.jpg

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1806/43404857642_654676020b_b.jpg

The front lip is from Street Scene. I picked this one for the vertical winglets on it that I felt completed the look compared to the ones without. I repainted the other skirt today so it will go on tomorrow. I'll get some distance pictures after I install the other skirt.

chiefmg
07-18-2018, 01:20 PM
As promised, an outside picture. Kind of hard to see the side skirt detail, I'll have to get a shot earlier or later in the day with the sun lower. You can see how it serves to visually lower the car though.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/835/29621590558_ec59358320_b.jpg

chiefmg
07-23-2018, 09:11 PM
And, the first performance part has been bought. A stock ported throttle body. I am planning on getting the stock intake manifold ported to match, along with some sort of CAI. Beyond that, maybe some headers but that will do it.

chiefmg
07-24-2018, 08:17 PM
Received the radiator screen today a day early. Backed the car into the garage so I can do the install of this and the SEMA grille first thing tomorrow. Pictures to come...

Slampen
07-25-2018, 05:40 AM
And, the first performance part has been bought.

Aaaj-aaaj-Aj.
Sounds like a expensive route to follow.

chiefmg
07-25-2018, 06:39 PM
Aaaj-aaaj-Aj.
Sounds like a expensive route to follow.

Yeah, parts are a LOT more expensive for this car compared to my Miata. I won't be doing too many performance mods though (famous last words!).

Got into things first thing this morning. Here is how the grille looks stock:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/848/41831885230_eb47e90a53_b.jpg

Removing the bumper cover is about the same as it is with any modern car, a royal PITA. I had printed out some instructions from a vendor site to make sure I didn't miss any fasteners. Got that all apart with minor frustration. Removed the factory grille without much trouble, except for the fasteners holding a wiring harness across the bottom. GM uses a lot of fasteners that have those multiple ribs on them. You can get them out eventually but some times they are ruined for reuse. Here is what I am talking about:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/913/43638994841_b8d3a50181_b.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/928/43592529442_e9db80cb8a_b.jpg

Finally for them off and then installed the SEMA grille. Since her car doesn't have brake cooling I had to install blanks on the two outboard openings (where the white accent is). While drilling some holes I managed to punch the bit into my thumb. Not a major injury but it hurt and did bleed a lot. I'll spare everyone a picture of that!

With the bumper off I also installed the radiator rock screen. It came without any instructions, after some head-scratching I went to the Internet for some pictorial help. Discovered I was looking at it upside-down. This meant I had to drill some holes in a plastic guard for what I think is the transmission cooler.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/846/43638990411_b32ca49ffa_b.jpg

Since I was not willing to test my ability to keep the drill bit from punching through the cooler (see my previous thumb injury) I just removed the guard. It was relatively easy. Before I pulled it I put the radiator screen roughly in place and marked for the holes. Then pulled the cooler guard and drilled the holes like so:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/838/43638993431_58d62707ff_b.jpg

Installed the cooler guard and put the rock screen in place like so:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/921/41831877490_5e6abd331b_b.jpg

They included a couple of screws to hold the top of the screen but there was no way I was getting a drill into the small space to put some holes in the bumper reinforcement. After looking at things I realized I could use a couple of zip ties to hold the top where it needed to be. So I did that.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/835/43592526212_5db8d49fa9_b.jpg

Here is the end result of all that effort:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/913/43592522802_58bf273ec9_b.jpg

Note that afterwards I realized I had left out a bumper energy absorber so once the wife got back from her errands I had to pull to cover off again. Got it all back together and found the right front marker light is now out. Looks like I'll be doing some electrical checks in the morning.

chiefmg
07-27-2018, 08:35 AM
Gave it a bath yesterday, once that was done I took some more pictures to hopefully better show the side skirts:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/859/41863390020_12452a1cb2_b.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/843/41863386370_1ff6206b84_b.jpg

This one shows the front grille after I installed the piece I missed the first time, you can no longer see the white bumper reinforcing bar:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/929/42768508435_297f996751_b.jpg

Tested the front side marker socket for voltage and it was showing a full 12 volts. The place I bought them from has a one year warranty so I sent them a message to see how to handle it. Unfortunately their new lights have a darker smoked finish. I liked the ones we have now as they match the rear lights very well. Nothing I can do about it though.

We drove it to dinner last night with a friend. As we were leaving from dropping her off a few raindrops hit the windshield. Put the top up at a stoplight and it was a good thing we did, as the rain poured down until just before arriving home. So much for a clean car.

Demon I Am
07-27-2018, 08:51 AM
can you disassemble the lights, and just swap the guts into the preferred housing?

chiefmg
07-27-2018, 02:18 PM
That's a possibility. I'll have to wait and see what their warranty policy is. I might have to send the old ones back, in which case doing that would send up a red flag.

chiefmg
07-29-2018, 08:03 AM
Received the ported throttle body yesterday. Missed out on a cheap used CAI a couple of days ago. Just bought a used stock intake manifold, at some point I will send it off for porting by the same guy who did the throttle body.

Agent☣Orange
07-29-2018, 11:42 AM
Be careful with some of these CAIs as they may cause surging. At least read up on them in Camaro forums first. There may be a reason it’s up for sale cheap.

chiefmg
07-29-2018, 12:37 PM
Trust me, I've performed due diligence. The one I missed out on was a Roto-Fab which is considered one of if not the best CAI for this platform.

chiefmg
07-30-2018, 07:46 PM
Another Roto-Fab CAI came up for grabs and I bought it. This one has the oiled filter which I will be changing for their dry unit. Still nice to lay hands on one. Both it and the intake mani are on their way to me. I'll probably wait to send the manifold off for porting until my next time home.

chiefmg
07-31-2018, 10:34 PM
Went ahead and bought a dry filter for the CAI. Both should be here shortly after I get back from MATG.

HarryB
08-03-2018, 04:30 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed the "no performance mods" few posts back Mike. Car looks fantastic BTW! Have a great time at MATG!

chiefmg
08-06-2018, 06:37 PM
I know, right?

Got home from MATG and everything was here. The guy who sold me the intake manifold shipped it using peanuts without covering any of the ports so I had a few to shake out. The CAI is missing one hose clamp, I have asked about it and waiting to hear back. I'm itching to install that and the ported throttle body.

Heard back about the faulty LED side marker light. I'm on the list for replacements but it will be a month. In the meantime I swapped back to the factory units.

chiefmg
08-07-2018, 06:23 PM
Sent a request to the company that makes the CAI asking about availability of the clamps yesterday. The seller came back and said he didn't have the missing one. Earlier today I did some searching online and after a lot of effort managed to find the size I needed so ordered two. This evening I heard back from Roto-Fab, apparently they have the clamps listed on their site but with shipping two of them would be near $30. No thanks. Hoping to get the ones I did order in Thursday so I can install the throttle body and CAI.

chiefmg
08-08-2018, 07:40 PM
Tracking number showed up last night, clamps are due for delivery on Saturday. Hoping the USPS can get them here sooner.

chiefmg
08-10-2018, 04:22 PM
The boys in blue came through and the clamps arrived yesterday. This morning after washing her it was back into the garage for installation. First up was removal of the stock components, which left me with this view:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/937/29030717097_2d1c8a47f9_b.jpg

Here is a comparison of the difference between the stock and ported throttle bodies.

Stock:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/942/30100217178_1a0422dc45_b.jpg

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1815/29030715777_e097d34895_b.jpg

Ported:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/929/30100216138_72f9e6ba2b_b.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/941/43063369465_38dcbc58bb_b.jpg

Four bolts and an electrical connector was all it took to swap those out. Then came a lot of finagling to get the new CAI installed (it's big so space is tight). And here is what the finished product looks like:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/942/30100215188_251ceae2cb_b.jpg

Haven't taken it for a test drive yet. I had one little issue, I had disconnected the battery while doing the change-over. When I reconnected it the car started fine, however the right steering wheel control for the driver's info center (DIC) wasn't working. I did some research on the forum to see if this was a known issue but couldn't find anything. Went back out and started the car and voila! it worked. No idea what it was, but at least it's all back to normal.

chiefmg
08-31-2018, 10:08 AM
Got a nice surprise yesterday when the replacement side marker LEDs showed up. I installed those this morning. They are noticeably darker than the originals, original on top in this picture with the new one at the bottom.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1898/30518499778_791bfdbf93_h.jpg

However the new ones do more closely match the dark taillights I have as you can see:

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1898/30518501078_ebc2afa8dd_h.jpg

Jury is still out on if they will look ok by themselves or not. I'll see about getting an outside picture in the next day or two.

chiefmg
08-31-2018, 03:44 PM
Crappy side shot, didn't realize until after I uploaded it into my computer that the camera lens had condensation on it:

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1881/44341965912_b681c6f9c2_h.jpg

Not horrible, maybe they will grow on me.

MiataQuest
09-01-2018, 07:23 AM
Is that your RX-8 ??

chiefmg
09-01-2018, 12:06 PM
That's the wife's old ride. It's for sale, interested?

MiataQuest
09-01-2018, 08:57 PM
In the future I plan to get a 2009 or newer with low miles as my daily when I retire.
What year and miles?
How does the driving characteristics compare to the Miata?

chiefmg
09-02-2018, 04:10 PM
'06 GT with 84,1xx miles. I have done some mods to it, including some things that could be considered preventative (like the clutch pedal reinforcing bracket and GM coils). It drives smoother than the Miata, the extra weight is noticeable and it isn't as flickable nor as quick as the Miata. Still better than the Camaro though!

HarryB
09-02-2018, 04:48 PM
I have driven a couple of RX8's and the controls felt surprisingly similar. You can tell the extra weight and length of the car from corner one, but this is not necessarily bad. The extra power is welcome too, albeit you gotta rev them. I have been considering one when I got the Miata, but fuel consumption and potential reliability issues turned me away.

chiefmg
10-15-2018, 03:58 PM
Haven't been doing much to this. Bought a set of the original LED side markers so I could get back to the lighter smoked lens. That ended up being a little bit of a roundy-round but finally got it sorted out. More recently I decided to spend the money and get the wheels coated by a professional. Last week I stripped the PlastiDip off (which was a lot of fun, let me tell you). Provided you have a thick enough coat of the product it should peel right off. That worked fine for the face of the wheel, but not so well for the areas between the spokes and on the inside of the barrel. Here is what I ended up with after stripping the face of the wheels:

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1920/30407610777_9f6aee0c54_h.jpg

For the other areas I tried several different ways of removal. Internet said WD-40 works, but it really didn't. A copper pot scrubber was no more helpful, and neither was a nylon wheel chucked up in my drill. I was able to use my fingers/thumbs to roll some of it off so I didn't have much left. What did work on that was BrakeKleen (the good chlorinated stuff that gives you a high). Spray on, then wipe off with paper towels. It worked so well that the place I took them to said they had no idea the wheels had ever had Dip on them. I went with a semi-gloss finish since I am the one who has to clean the damn things.

Agent☣Orange
10-15-2018, 04:26 PM
What color?

chiefmg
10-15-2018, 10:21 PM
Patience is a virtue. :mrgreen: Still, I am sure you can figure it out based on what I have previously posted.

Agent☣Orange
10-15-2018, 10:27 PM
So, pink?

chiefmg
10-17-2018, 11:08 AM
So, pink?

Swing and a miss.

Got a call yesterday afternoon the wheels were done, so picked them up this morning. All back on the car, and they have received the wife's approval. I asked them to paint the center caps but for some reason those were done flat black. Looked off so I used the gloss black GM ones I had previously purchased and they look good.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1950/31512643608_6812b4e1bc_h.jpg