PDA

View Full Version : Brake balance

Slampen
03-08-2018, 08:45 AM
Hi.

My car is equipped with a non functional ABS system.
(Long story, rear abs sensors are cutted and there are no place on the spindel to fasten sensors. )

So I have more brake power at the rear end than a non-abs car.
Under hard braking and the track my rear becomes loose, which I don't like.

Would replacing the front pads with pads that bite harder and keep the oem at the rear be a good solution?
I know I can get a brake proportioning valve, but replacing the front pads are easier.

\\Stian.

kung fu jesus
03-08-2018, 08:47 AM
Yes.

A lot of people tracking their cars use different compounds front to rear.

Slampen
03-08-2018, 09:16 AM
Yes.

A lot of people tracking their cars use different compounds front to rear.Which pads is recommended mainly for street use, some autox and tracking?
Have to bite good when cold.
Find if they are nice to my discs as well.

//Stian

Sent fra min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

kung fu jesus
03-08-2018, 09:20 AM
What brands are available to you?

Slampen
03-08-2018, 12:50 PM
Hawk, EBC, Brembo, Ferodo, Black Diamond and Tarox to mention some...

I dont get your question since I assumed you had broad knowledge about this subject.
Is there a for me hidden meaning, like 'go and Google it stupid'? :)

\\Stian

Demon I Am
03-08-2018, 01:36 PM
I was a fan of Axxis Ult in front and Axxis Metal Master in the rears, for 100% street driving

kung fu jesus
03-08-2018, 03:04 PM
Hawk, EBC, Brembo, Ferodo, Black Diamond and Tarox to mention some...

I dont get your question since I assumed you had broad knowledge about this subject.
Is there a for me hidden meaning, like 'go and Google it stupid'? :)

\\Stian

Nope. We have different brands available here. Before I suggested X or Y I wanted to know which you had easy access to without having to import them from here. Tony makes a good suggestion.

You could probably mix and match the Hawk compounds, the EBCs too. I'm not familiar with the compounds Brembo has or the rest.

Slampen
03-08-2018, 03:42 PM
Ok. Thanks.

Actually buying from USA is often the best deal, when it comes to parts.

kung fu jesus
03-08-2018, 06:02 PM
I think the Hawk HP+ may also be a consideration. Perhaps EBC Yellows. Those pads may need a touch of heat in them on cool/cold days to perform as intended.

SigmaX
05-21-2018, 06:18 AM
I think the Hawk HP+ may also be a consideration. Perhaps EBC Yellows. Those pads may need a touch of heat in them on cool/cold days to perform as intended.

I like Hawk HP+ pads, they have decent cold friction and get to temperature quickly. They are, however, quite hard on wheels.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hw3Ouv2wkc