PDA

View Full Version : ND2 says powaaaaa

fwdtamiya
04-07-2018, 03:09 PM
From 155 to 181hp. If someone has a better copy of this, please post it. I stole this from FB, so it's quite compressed. Soo, I'm assuming this swaps right into a cheaper first year ND :whistle: I wonder if the redesigned head bolts right on or even just the intake manifold/throttle body? If the old, lighter, single mass flywheel bolts right up to replace the heavier dual mass flywheel? This is how you build an aftermarket, Mazda~

https://i.imgur.com/7KvjRCV.jpg

MiataQuest
04-07-2018, 06:37 PM
I would guess a "tune" mapped for premium fuel would be an easy power boost to get you half way there. It would appear that along with the head it requires shorter pistons, lighter rods, etc... Why not just go with the Edelbrock supercharger kit. This is how you build an engine to take on soccer Moms.

Phatmiata
04-08-2018, 09:17 AM
Wow getting closer to that 200hp range.

DarylSibcy
04-08-2018, 01:23 PM
That's a solid improvement over the original that I feel is long overdue. Mazda managed to squeeze 131bhp out of a 1.5 with very little effort, but only 158bhp from a 2.0L?? That isn't good enough considering the BRZ makes a clean 200bhp - it makes sense for Mazda to compete with the BRZ/GT86. It's in the aftermarket it'll get interesting, especially when this era of engines seem to take so well to boost, more specifically; Supercharging... BBR GTi already offer a solid N/A tuning package that will take the power way above the 210bhp region; albeit for a fee.

http://www.bbrgti.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/leaflets/MK4%20-%20Super%20200%20-%20WEB.pdf

It depends on what people prefer. I'm happy owning a modified car, some people like to "buy and forget" where they do nothing but own the car and drive it, I enjoy the challenge that comes from wrenching on a car and putting your own mark on it. It also depends on if you want to pay for a new car too.

I'd buy the 1.5 if it were me though - so my opinion is moot :lol:

Airbrush1
04-08-2018, 05:53 PM
Mazda isn’t doing a good job of preventing a new car purchase for me... perhaps the RF with Recaros and this new engine upgrade will make me purchase my first brand new car

Agent☣Orange
04-08-2018, 06:29 PM
Imagine what next year's is going to be like after they refine it further.

Slampen
04-09-2018, 12:54 AM
Mazda isn’t doing a good job of preventing a new car purchase for me...

Still required to be a midget to fit the ND, so not for me.

\\Stian.

DarylSibcy
04-09-2018, 11:12 AM
Imagine what next year's is going to be like after they refine it further.

Sparkless engines!! I’m excited for these (can you tell) 18.0:1 compression ratio!! :frantic:

Mostly it means they’ll be able to get the same comparable power output from a much smaller engine. Again - fuel efficiency, it’s all the world is focused on at the moment.... In a good way :lol:

It just goes to show how a few small and clever changes can provide such a bump in power

Bryan
04-09-2018, 11:24 AM
Interesting.