PDA

View Full Version : brake problem

yosh95m
02-18-2012, 07:47 PM
so i recently changed out my pass rear caliper... afterwards my brakes had pressure if i pumped them constantly and it wold go away immediately.... so i figured it was something little... i changed the master cylinder today and i bleed the cylinder portion and i am still getting the same fuckin shit... the pressure is only there if i pumped the hell out of them to stop... so i have pressure just doesnt stay at all??

maybe bleed the brakes again?..

i need some advice thanks

kung fu jesus
02-18-2012, 08:22 PM
Check for leaks.

yosh95m
02-19-2012, 06:07 PM
checked and there was no leaks anywhere

Maikeru
02-19-2012, 06:15 PM
Did you bench bleed the master cylinder before you put it in?

Sarah
02-20-2012, 03:22 PM
I does sound like you need to bleed the brakes again. Do all for corners starting I think on the rear drivers side (US or Passanger side for us in the UK) then the other side rear and then the fronts. I had the same issue when I did one of my rear callipers, it turned out that I need to bleed the other side, after that it was fine.

yosh95m
02-20-2012, 05:50 PM
yes i bled the master i guess i'll try and bleed the rest again and see what happens then

xjdesertfox
02-20-2012, 09:47 PM
I recently had replaced my driver side rear caliper. It was a bitch getting it bled right. Dont know what happened, first run after it was installed I was losing pressure like that and the pedal was dropping to the floor.

1) I didnt have it completely bled
2) the caliper adjustment screw was off, too far out.

Then I re-bled just that corner, and adjusted the caliper.
Pedal no longer drops too the floor, but its obvious it wasnt grabbing enough.

I re-bled the whole system after 3 days of driving, air came out on the drivers side rear caliper (the one i replaced)

Did another re-bleed a week later to check to make sure there was no air in the system, and after that I was A-OK

yosh95m
02-23-2012, 10:34 PM
yes i did have the adjustment screw completely out as well... but i have screwed it back in i thought and i have bled brakes 3-4 times and bled the master cylinder twice now... and still pedal goes to the floor when the car is turned on , i.e. motor running, it was making a loud squeek when i slammed on brakes, i was only rolling in my parking spot not on road just yet..

EMMI
02-25-2012, 10:12 AM
make sure that u have the right caliper and its not for the opposite side. if the bleeder is facing down, u'll never get all the air out

kung fu jesus
02-25-2012, 11:41 AM
Good point, Emmi. Bleeders need to be near the top of the caliper.

Check to make sure you installed the pads correctly. I have had pads bind in the caliper and create a similar feeling.

Bleeding the brakes: if you are using the help of another person, communication is key. Let them sit in the driver's seat. With the car off, make them pump the brakes 5-7 times, counting them off each time. On the last pump, make sure they hold the pedal down, ESPECIALLY when you crack open the bleeder. Use clear hose on the bleeder so you can watch for air. Never let the cylinder reservoir go dry.

If you can't get help, borrow or buy a Mighty Vac or pressure bleeder.

Sometimes brake systems are stubborn to bleed. It can be frustrating, but hang in there. It will work out. Good luck!

yosh95m
02-25-2012, 03:44 PM
it is correct caliper for the side..... i am probably going to end up going to Just Brakes next week... and maybe they can look into it... i will keep this updated til they are fixed though.. i appreciate all the help from ya'll