PDA

View Full Version : How tight/loose should my sway bar be?

NotableGuest
06-21-2019, 09:20 PM
I just installed a RB front bar and 5xracing rear bar. I know they should be able to swing up and down but how easily? My rear moves with a good push but the front is much tighter. I think I have the typical problem I hear RB bars have where the bushings are too big.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

okvol
06-23-2019, 08:35 PM
Vertical movement should be unrestricted. Sway bars only restrict differences between the height of the connected wheels.

NotableGuest
06-24-2019, 09:07 AM
The odd thing is that I emailed RB about this and they specifically told me not to cut down the bushings... I want to believe them, but I think thwyre wrong?

Agent☣Orange
06-24-2019, 09:21 AM
I had the same problem with mine when I installed new sway bars with poly bushings. I made sure to coat them with the supplied lubricant but the fit was so tight, I could do a pull up on either end. I thought there is no way this could be right. I ended up putting in washers as spacers on the brackets so I could at least move the bars. I figured if they get too loose eventually, I could just remove the washers.

NotableGuest
06-24-2019, 09:22 AM
Orange;230683]I had the same problem with mine when I installed new sway bars with poly bushings. I made sure to coat them with the supplied lubricant but the fit was so tight, I could do a pull up on either end. I thought there is no way this could be right. I ended up putting in washers as spacers on the brackets so I could at least move the bars. I figured if they get too loose eventually, I could just remove the washers.Thanks. I'm gonna do the same with washers.

NotableGuest
06-24-2019, 11:26 AM
Yup. 1x M10 washer on each bolt works perfectly. Now it moves when pushed.