View Full Version : I don't want it unless it smells of stale Japanese Cigarettes.

Exofuji
07-27-2019, 03:08 PM
I sold my first Miata, a Mint black 1995 Black & Tan back in June 2014 thinking I wasn't going to need a car for at least a year. Well 9 months later I definitely needed a car. I had been looking at Miata's on Craiglist for a few months leading up, lots of good cars seemed to be out there. The minute I started looking with intent to buy all of the decent prospects evaporated. Well, mid Feb 2015 I was in Korea visiting a friend when a buddy messaged me on facebook in the middle of the night with a craigslist link to a '94 M in the middle of Oregon. My buddy went and looked at it for me, said it was solid. The day I landed back in Washington I made the drive down and picked it up. (6-7hrs each way).

It was mostly stock. NB Bilsteins was pretty much the extent of the mods it had on it.

(I'll find a photo)

I drove it more or less as it was until the end of 2015. I picked up a set of Enkei Big End Barrel

I added some OEM Cibies, Corn*s Esqueleto seat, Dcautro lid, and an RS*R

Well things went pretty sideways for me in 2016. In August poor decision making took over and I purchased the Laguna Blue '94 from Jeremy.

I did Laguna things for a while. I swapped all my parts over. Drove it to MRLS. Than made more poor decisions.

I sold the Montego to my brother and the Laguna to a friend. I sold some parts off as well. I drove normie cars for a while, bought a FXT, and a Mini. Borrowed a friends Nissan Rogue for a few months and imported a drift car. Not in that particular order.

I was given the opportunity to buy back the Montego car from my brother (it was still in my name surprisingly) and I took it. The car had 20000 additional miles on it and lots of dog hair. :fp:

I cleaned it up and started putting parts back on to it. (i'll dig out pics)

On a Saturday in May 2018, feeling particularly motivated after one beer I decided I should install the Mazdaspeed BSpec ITB set I had owned for a few years. The whole process took about 2-3 weeks from start to running again. I did it in the carport of my apt and didn't seem to have pissed off the neighbors. I still have a few small issues from this swap but everything was pretty much plug and play.

Im over it for now. Photo dump:
Drive down to MRLS 2018 with no bumper. Picked up Simpson designs shorty in Sacramento

NA6 Dash swap happened:

My engine bay from a week ago:

I'll probably edit this once I get bored again. If there is one thing I like doing it is taking photos of working on my car, so more to come.

druz
07-28-2019, 06:37 AM
Only the best stale Japanese cigarettes.

http://cdn.snsimg.carview.co.jp/carlife/storage/608602/plus/62f510ba2b.jpg

Coming back down for the Reunion again this year?

Exofuji
07-28-2019, 12:31 PM
Only the best stale Japanese cigarettes.

http://cdn.snsimg.carview.co.jp/carlife/storage/608602/plus/62f510ba2b.jpg

Coming back down for the Reunion again this year?You bet! Gonna be a big one!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

MaRcOp01o
07-29-2019, 09:32 AM
So when can I take those ITBs off your hands? Want to see an ITB'd Supercharged B-SPEC?