PDA

View Full Version : hard dog roll bar m2 help

mazdamaniac
02-19-2012, 07:03 PM
just picked up a hard dog m2 roll bar but it did not come with any bolts. i am going to get them all from home depot and just wanna make sure that will work as long as i get grade 8 bolts or higher. also does the sheet of metal that goes under to sandwich it need to be bent or can it be just a flat piece of steel. and one last question...when moving the seatbelt to the bar do i need to get any special mounting piece to let it still be able to move and not get loose. thanks :)

f86sabjf
02-19-2012, 07:24 PM
The steel is a flat square piece. The is a spacer that fills the gap between the rollbar and the original seatbelt hole. Doesn't appear to be anything special just a metal tube about 1/8 thick wall with a hole running thru it.

f86sabjf
02-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Oh yeah take the seatbelt bolt to the store to get one longer to make the new length across that spacer

mazdamaniac
02-19-2012, 07:32 PM
ok cool, thanks! hopefully i can get it installed today and everything goes smooth.

Flyineunos
02-19-2012, 10:15 PM
You might just want to contact bethania-garage and see if you can buy just the backing plates and hardware in a kit.

wannafbody
02-22-2012, 10:46 PM
You might just want to contact bethania-garage and see if you can buy just the backing plates and hardware in a kit.

I think that's the best option. And don't cross threat the seat belt bolts.