PDA

View Full Version : Will 15X8 fit the larger sport brakes on NB

AluminumStork
02-26-2020, 02:30 PM
Hey guys been a while. And NB has been on the back burner for a while now... But finally I am making time for her. New FM exhaust (header back) is done and now she sounds great and not like a can with rocks inside. And going Stage 2 Koni from FM as well.

But now I am at the end of the build journey and looking at wheels. Currently she has the original 16's with the large sport brakes. I want to go with 15x8 but I am not sure if I will have a clearance issue. Could someone let me know if I don't have an issue or if I do?

Thanks in advance

(tires will be the next thing but there is plenty of info here ;-)

kung fu jesus
02-26-2020, 03:17 PM
Some do some don't. It depends on the profile on the inner wheel.

atlex
02-26-2020, 05:39 PM
Hey guys been a while. And NB has been on the back burner for a while now... But finally I am making time for her. New FM exhaust (header back) is done and now she sounds great and not like a can with rocks inside. And going Stage 2 Koni from FM as well.

But now I am at the end of the build journey and looking at wheels. Currently she has the original 16's with the large sport brakes. I want to go with 15x8 but I am not sure if I will have a clearance issue. Could someone let me know if I don't have an issue or if I do?

Thanks in advance

(tires will be the next thing but there is plenty of info here ;-)

As per KFJ it's entirely to do with the profile of the inside of the spokes.

Most 'Racing' wheels (designed for the miata or not) will clear the brakes, think 6uls, konigs or the sexier jdm things like rpf1s. Did you have some specific rims in mind ?

kung fu jesus
02-26-2020, 06:12 PM
It’s also the design of the barrel, like the drop center.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200226/d92d703e8666894c16f5eab8cb51db67.jpg

GoodWin Racing
10-05-2021, 09:56 PM
Yes, at this point every 15x8 we stock fits NB Sport brakes. MSM below owned by one of our team on Storm 15x8. (https://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Performance-Part/61-1386.html)