PDA

View Full Version : NA vs NB raceland coil overs?

Droadster
02-21-2012, 11:54 PM
So I've been doing research and I wanna purchase a set of stock shock/spring setup from an NB and use the top hats and upper bump stops on my NA along with a set of Raceland NB coilovers. Spring rates for NA are: Front-400 lbs/inch Rear-350 lbs/inch as opposed to the NB which are: Front-425 lbs/inch Rear-350 lbs/inch. I want to use these as my beginner set up for a track car considering there is more suspension travel on the NB setup as well. Doing this conversion will I have a stiffer ride or will it be about the same?

Adam
02-22-2012, 06:00 PM
I've never seen anyone recommend Racelands for the track, even for beginners.
Ground Control coilover conversions with Koni shocks might suit your track needs better; you can choose your own spring rates, too. If you're on clubroadster.net, contact stormin'norman, he can definitely help you.

concealer404
02-22-2012, 06:02 PM
I've never seen anyone recommend Racelands for the track, even for beginners.
Ground Control coilover conversions with Koni shocks might suit your track needs better; you can choose your own spring rates, too. If you're on clubroadster.net, contact stormin'norman, he can definitely help you.

Might? I'd say WILL. :lol:

You couldn't pay me to trust those things on the track.

EMMI
02-23-2012, 02:09 AM
this forum promote raceland, u should check them out > www.clubroadster.net

BMS 4EVER
02-23-2012, 02:18 AM
^ lol

maykelcj
03-26-2012, 07:38 PM
I have the NA ones and they are soft. They are better than stock, but you can't co too low or they ride like crap. I guess the NB ones are harder spring with same damper? If yes, then I'll stay with NA ones. The dampers have a hard time controlling the springs as is and harder ones will make it worst. As my experience, if you want to track or autox your car, don't do racelands. I use them on the street and they are better than stock, but not for track performance. Save a couple of hundreds more and get some good spring-shock combo. If what you are lowering the car for looks, yes, racelands are cheap and will get you low. I hope it helps in your decision. Cheers!

my first post!:fab:

Rezist09
03-28-2012, 12:32 AM
I have rokkors there ok to bounce but then again I'm not low yet. Maybe 8 clicks left in the rear

elizabethjw
05-04-2012, 03:27 AM
I have the NA ones and they are soft. They are better than stock, but you can't co too low or they ride like crap. I guess the NB ones are harder spring with same damper? If yes, then I'll stay with NA ones. The dampers have a hard time controlling the springs as is and harder ones will make it worst. As my experience, if you want to track or autox your car, don't do racelands. I use them on the street and they are better than stock, but not for track performance. Save a couple of hundreds more and get some good spring-shock combo. If what you are lowering the car for looks, yes, racelands are cheap and will get you low. I hope it helps in your decision. Cheers!

my first post!:fab:

I guess the NB ones are harder spring with same damper? If yes, then I'll stay with NA ones. The dampers have a hard time controlling the springs as is and harder ones will make it worst. As my experience, if you want to track or autox your car, don't do racelands. I use them on the street and they are better than stock, but not for track performance.

morr
05-04-2012, 08:20 AM
I have NB Racelands on my NB. Aside from the look of being lower, I absolutely hate them. If I never had to get out of my car to see the ride height, I'd have kept the stock suspension :lol: I would suggest keep saving money, get more seat time on your stock suspension, then get a better entry level setup once you've learned the car.

EMMI
05-07-2012, 04:04 AM
sell them before they blow and get a "functional fixed" suspension combo. (shock n spring combo)

morr
05-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Yeah, that's what I plan to do. Or I might try FM's Vmaxx.

Maikeru
05-08-2012, 04:55 AM
I have NB coils on my NA with NA top-mounts. I love the fronts but the rear is total garbage. I rub around almost every corner above 30mph.

Phatmiata
05-10-2012, 06:27 PM
sell them before they blow and get a "functional fixed" suspension combo. (shock n spring combo)

This times 100%, save up a tad longer and get some Tein's or something, it will be worth it in the end!

flamehead08
09-13-2012, 05:26 PM
+1 very few miatas around where I'm from. Met one that had racelands he said he liked them then he said it felt like a Buick ... I knew then there's no way I'd have. Racelands. I have since saved up and have some tein basis on the way.