PDA

View Full Version : Front plate ticket correction?

artcentermiata
02-22-2012, 05:07 PM
yeah, so, i have a front plate correction ticket.

it says i need a certificate of correction to send with the fee payment.

anyone know where i can get this done?

kung fu jesus
02-22-2012, 05:17 PM
police station?

ltq88120
02-22-2012, 06:39 PM
i got one before.
i went to CHP and had it signed off and go to count pay 25 bucks for admission fee.

jdm slick
02-22-2012, 07:14 PM
get it written off from your local CHP station and send it with the fine and you're golden, boo...

rolly
02-22-2012, 07:29 PM
look for cops at starbucks, or donuts shop.
I have had a few over the years, they r no big deal, get it signed by cop and send it in with 25bucks.
then you can take your plate back off...

MiataLife
02-22-2012, 11:31 PM
I have been so lucky...I pass cops a few times everyday (OC police tend to not have alot to do) ...how much is the ticket for if you dont get a correction? Or is it required? I need to set aside some cash for when I do get a ticket....I hate the look of a front plate.

artcentermiata
02-23-2012, 12:01 AM
my ticket was $30, its required that you get a correction notice

fees increase after 21 days, although i dont know how much

i plan on just getting a garage star plate mount... about the same price as another ticket...

kung fu jesus
02-23-2012, 12:07 AM
I broke down and finally mounted my plate about a year ago. I figured if Tina could get popped for it just driving her NB to work, I would too. that and I just don't want to be hassled. Cops are becoming increasingly more aware of minute infractions as the municipalities that hired them need the revenue.

That said, Ken's brackets are really stout, definitely worth the money.

rolly
02-23-2012, 11:28 AM
in SF its bad, they have so many red light cams so they make a big deal about not having a plate.
my car looks kinda retro, so i just tell the cops the car is old and in 93 there where no laws for front plate, and they can't expect me to drill into my bumper.
(this has only worked one time) lol
fix it ticket here is 25 bucks with correction and 350 if you are late or dont get it signed off..

Darthteddy
02-23-2012, 05:02 PM
Step One:Purchase PO Box Out Of State
Step Two:Have mail sent to said PO box
Step Three:Register Out Of State
Step Four:Profit

Mr.Woolery
02-23-2012, 05:30 PM
my ticket was $30, its required that you get a correction notice

fees increase after 21 days, although i dont know how much

i plan on just getting a garage star plate mount... about the same price as another ticket...

I think the verbage on the ticket is deliberately misleading to try to get you to go get a correction (and the additional fees). Based on what I read, you HAVE to include a certificate of correction if you want the fine reduced to $10. Otherwise, just pay the $30 and ignore the correction slip (that's what I did).

artcentermiata
02-23-2012, 06:10 PM
hmmmm, woolery, im going to have to re-read that ticket a bit! that would save alot of hassle

but it said "MUST include correction" and then in a new sentence "will be reduced"... so i think its still required...
below that it says "do not mail payment without correction cert."
maybe they mean dont send the REDUCED payment without certificate...

im confused haha

regardless, i bought one of kens side mount brackets to avoid -voiding my wallet in the future haha

I<3flippyheadlights
02-23-2012, 09:59 PM
You know you guys hate having a plate in front, I think it looks awesome. I love the whole front to the side plate thing, but in Florida you only need one on the back.

Mexican_Guy
02-25-2012, 10:44 AM
is this legal?

he cut the plate O.o?!

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/3227/0224120933.jpg

kung fu jesus
02-25-2012, 12:21 PM
no. it is technically illegal to modify the plate like that.