PDA

View Full Version : No All-Florida Meet this April??

minuteman048
02-24-2012, 12:58 PM
No All-Florida Meet this April?? Was a highlight last year!

Agent☣Orange
02-24-2012, 01:13 PM
I wish there were. I know there is one tentatively in November and now one in tentatively in September which, in my opinion, they are too close together.

I would prefer an AFM in the spring/summer first.

Thumper13
02-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Last year I had a lot of help from Jeff ( f86) and Phat to plan that event. We started planning several months leading up to the meet. Lots of calls to vendors,visits to Hooters ( not too bad though ) and lots of time posting and just general "stuff". I had believed that Phat would have a meet this spring and I would have a different style of meet in November. After Sebring Randy decided to go with a September meet instead of this spring.

I have no problems dropping my plans for this November,I'm just too involved with my new job and living in two places. If anybody out there wants to step up and plan a late spring meet I for one will be happy to help. In recent years we would get 70 to 100 cars. Last year the few of us spent hundreds of hours,I spent close to 700 hours on that meet and it paid off with over 150 cars showing up. Vendors sending over 2500.00 worth of items to give away,and a great group of Miata friends who volunteered to help the day of the event.

I am not looking for a medal.....I just think you guys should realize what goes into a meet like that. Randy spent a ton of time with calls to vendors as did Jeff. We worked hard recruiting volunteers to help with set up and parking. So if anyone feels like they have 1) the desire,2) a trusted small group of friends that will do what they commit to,and 3) the energy it requires then please step up. I will gladly lend a hand.

blenderblast
02-24-2012, 06:55 PM
I'm sure Yata and his biker gang would be willing to give a "hand" in the matter ;)

Thumper13
02-24-2012, 06:56 PM
i'm sure yata and his biker gang would be willing to give a "hand" in the matter ;)

and the legend grows

minuteman048
02-27-2012, 02:45 PM
I'm sure Yata and his biker gang would be willing to give a "hand" in the matter ;)

Yeah, he gets around.

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k619/gearheadsmiataclub/Dawn%20Patrol/max.jpg

f86sabjf
02-27-2012, 06:19 PM
Hey Thumper howd you get Yata on the back of your bike:twisted:

Thumper13
02-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Hey Thumper howd you get Yata on the back of your bike:twisted:

You really need to get new glasses. If Yata looked that good I would never talk shit about him/her. The shemale look works for him though.

Phatmiata
02-28-2012, 03:16 PM
The next all Florida Meet is in OCTOBER at Sebring Raceway, Sponsored by NASA & MazdaRoadster.net
This event will be 100% FREE, and I'm planning this in October to avoid love-bugs, and when the weather is cool, not sweltering sweaty hot, LOL.

It will be a Fri-Sat-Sun event and will require a LOT more planning and help from members and sponsors, but it will kick ass I can assure you. The guys that made it out to the "unofficial" All Florida Meet test run in October 2011 last year only got a small taste of what I have in store!!

If anyone wants to help me you are welcome to post up in this thread and when we get closer to that time frame I will call upon you to get this worked out and what job(s) I have for you.

Doing it at Sebring Raceway because some folks mentioned they want to Race and AutoX and run on that track, and there is still a ton of room for a car show, and even a hotel next door for your wild Miata parties!

FWIW Hooters of Lakeland sold off that chunk of property to a LongHorn Steakhouse and they are not going to want us blocking their spots.

f86sabjf
02-28-2012, 07:49 PM
I should be able to help at least one day but not all weekend somewhere

f86sabjf
02-28-2012, 07:57 PM
I will put this out there. That i think it would be easier overall if the clubs in Fla could each handle one event. There should be enough volunteers in each club to handle it and spread the burden . That way we can all enjoy a bigger part of the event and make it a Mega event. Also it might help with some recruitment by said clubs and infuse some new blood into them.

Thumper13
02-29-2012, 07:01 AM
I should be able to help at least one day but not all weekend somewhere

This about sums it up for me as well. I might be able to show up on Saturday but not much more help then that.

richterat83
02-29-2012, 10:18 AM
penciling in Oct for Sebring

exdotcomer
03-01-2012, 08:52 PM
^ me too

Phatmiata
03-02-2012, 03:42 PM
I will put this out there. That i think it would be easier overall if the clubs in Fla could each handle one event. There should be enough volunteers in each club to handle it and spread the burden . That way we can all enjoy a bigger part of the event and make it a Mega event. Also it might help with some recruitment by said clubs and infuse some new blood into them.

When folks were more active in the clubs this would have worked, it was called the "Miata's Sunshine State Sizzle", i think it was back in 2000 ???, however, after the 1st event was completed that idea Fizzled out. LOL. It was going to rotate from club to club, tampa, orlando, jax, ft-laud, daytona, but after the 1st event none of the other clubs were really motivated enough to plan anything or commit to hosting an event.

You know what they say, if you want something done right you have to do it yourself, so since the clubs could never agree on anything I decided to "git-r-done" myself, end of story.

Im not asking folks to commit to a weekend, but maybe one day outta that weekend event. Friday would just be basically checking folks in at the hotel, and the actual event at the track would be Sat & Sun. Maybe some folks from each area could start planning their route for a caravan or something.

Thumper13
03-02-2012, 05:50 PM
you know what they say, if you want something done right you have to do it yourself, so since the clubs could never agree on anything i decided to "git-r-done" myself, end of story.

ah-men brother