PDA

View Full Version : (Free) Miatas in Boone, September 21-23 (North Carolina)

Bummer
02-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Miatas in Boone is just about getting together, driving the area roads, and doing a bit of partying. This is the event for those who like to drive, and especially those who like to drive "spiritedly". We do have drives set-up just for cruising the back roads, so if that's your speed, we've got you covered.

The Boone area may have more great driving roads than anywhere else in the US. Roads with names like "The Snake", "The Diamondback", and "The Devil's Whip." These are just the roads the sportbike riders and merchants have given names, there are many more (some even better) in the area. Over three days, you'll get a chance to drive most of them.

Friday has a road-rally in the morning, then a 150 mile run in the afternoon. Friday night we have a pizza party in the cabin area at Highland Hills Motel & Cabins. This also serves as the unofficial "show-n-shine." Don't forget to bring a red solo cup ;)

Several runs on Saturday, you'll have to choose the ones you want to do. Then you can choose to go to the dinner, or to Damon's Beer Swap.

Sunday has just one run, but it takes in four of the best crooked roads in the country (Shull's Mill, US 221, The Diamondback, and The Devil's Staircase.)

Check out the website http://miatasinboone.com/

SM16RMSM
05-02-2012, 01:35 PM
I really thing about going.

Bummer
07-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Lots of Florida coming up. Adding more stuff all the time. Thinking about adding a "Mayberry Day" on Thursday, since so many have decided to make a week of it. Have a large group coming from Indiana, Michigan, and Ontario.

f86sabjf
07-04-2012, 07:00 PM
this is on next years list . Just to much going on this year. Cant wait to hear from the Fla gang how it was

kung fu jesus
07-05-2012, 07:40 AM
I might be down for this!

Bummer
07-20-2012, 07:34 PM
I'll try to get the website updated this weekend. We're adding a few more things. There's about 75 cars signed up at the moment, so we're not going to promote the event anymore (we actually don't want it to get too big). The Highland Hills Motel & Cabins is filled up, so we're suggesting the Super 8 that's about a block away.