PDA

View Full Version : One more time! Sucked back in to the MX game

Demon I Am
03-17-2023, 04:57 PM
Well, the lovely bride and I couldn't stand not having top-down nights. So I found myself at the dealership staring at TWO 100AEs and an unloved (aka new) 2002 GTRF. The AE lust is real, but the 0.9% interest is unbeatable for a new car. So now I have to buy the fun parts I sold with the last car.

that said...

I should be picking up a Good-win Racing Super Q tomorrow (locally) and have some LED signals (CarbonMiata via Good-win) and rear light (CarbonMiata via Cravenspeed) on the way. I am worried that the Super Q may be too quiet, but It's a start at the exhaust as a whole. Want to hear the exhaust, but not be "that guy" in the neighborhood..

Agent☣Orange
03-18-2023, 09:32 PM
Congratulations!!

How in the world did you get .9% interest in these times?

Demon I Am
03-19-2023, 07:32 AM
Mazda Finance offers it up to 36 months on new. Huge chinking payment, but thousands saved in the end

Demon I Am
03-19-2023, 02:00 PM
Got a screaming deal on a Good-Win Super Q muffler. Barely louder than stock, but deeper for sure. Not sure whether to look at a mid pipe or header next. Also installed a screen protector and Cravenspeed antenna.

Agent☣Orange
03-19-2023, 08:42 PM
And here starts the madness again

Martin
03-20-2023, 09:13 AM
Congrats! I didn't know you got rid of the blue one.

Demon I Am
03-20-2023, 09:29 AM
Would have put up an instructional for the axle-back, but it was literally 2 bolts and 4 rubber hangers. Took all of 20 minutes to remove, and 15 to install. Used a jack with a square of wood to balance the pipe during installation and removal. Should be receiving the led rear light strip today. It’s the mod my wife wanted on the last one.

I think we should the blue car earlier last year. Working from home and driving the Acty as my daily, when needed. I think we both missed top down driving.

Demon I Am
03-21-2023, 02:33 PM
Lol, just now realized that the “a” on my laptop died.

MX5 Thing rear LED running light..

What a well-done and thought out mod. Includes everything needed, other than a pry tool for grommet removal and drilling/cutting tool. Adhesive wipe, alcohol wipe, zip tie mounts and ties, plus the actual hardware. The print and video tutorials were easy to follow. I was able to knock it out on 15 minutes of lunch break. Installed, the lights are not visible from outward views, as it’s tucked away under the trunk lid. Wish I had done this on my previous ND. It looks like it should have always been there.

MaRcOp01o
03-22-2023, 03:39 PM
I like the ND RF updates! Not many ND RFs on the forum!