PDA

View Full Version : Springs with TUV for trackday and autocross.

KAL
03-11-2012, 08:30 AM
Good day Sirs and Siresses!
I'm looking new springs for my '89 NA. I currently have some race springs (750/350 lbs) and I like them alot. The problem is that they're not road-legal (no TUV or other documentation that i can use). I'm therefore looking for some legal springs (with TUV) for my car. The suspension is Koni Coilovers in the front and Koni Yellows in the back, from an ex-roadsport / racecar. I've found the H&R Race springs, which I think will work, but I haven't tried them myself.

Any suggestions out there?

Best,
A.

Cane
03-11-2012, 08:53 AM
you won't have enough travel in the back with that springs. they say they are like 30, or 35mm lower, but after a year they settle at like 45 or deeper. and that means you will not have enough dampertravel in the back. the only thing that will damp will be the pumpstop.
take a legit coilover setup, or stay with some FM springs, or OEM springs of NAs from 89-93 (they were a bit shorter).

KAL
03-11-2012, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the input! Really appriciate it. The dampers are legit enough, I really like them. FM springs aren't road legal in Norway and OEM springs are a tad too soft.
I have no intentions of getting low, so lowering isn't a requirement :)

wannafbody
03-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Maybe some KW or Eibach springs

KAL
03-13-2012, 03:31 AM
I've found the Spec Miata Eibach 700lb / 350lb kit over at 5XR, if they have the TUV-certificate I might go for them.
Forgot about KW, will check them out!

wannafbody
03-13-2012, 08:43 PM
H&R Also has a coilover kit for miatas

Thumper13
03-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Vogtland springs maybe ?

Cane
03-28-2012, 01:05 PM
none of them lowering springs work for the miata. with the stock springs you have like 40-50mm travel in the back till you sit on the bumpstops. if you put in shorter springs you will have less room for travel. the FM springs are bvlack and totaly look like stock ones!!! if you want something that rides nice and works, go with a legit coilover suspension. trust me, i was riding around on h&R springs with bilstein B6 dampers for about 4 years, and after i installed my D2 coilovers, i recognized how shitty the ride was before!
i would never every waste money on that kind of loweringsprings, i would even go with a raceland coilover set, even they ride much better then mine did with the old setup.