PDA

View Full Version : DBOTM Award

Thumper13
04-22-2012, 01:05 PM
Douche Bag of the Month Award

Miata.Net wins hands fucking down !!!!!!!! I tried to send a poster here,I tried to post up "Mazdaroadster.Net" 3 times and each time it changed what my post said into "Miata.Net" instead. Now I am having other site issues that Gary says are impossible and can not be happening.

So............I hereby award the Douche Bag of the Month award to Gary and Miata.Net

maybe this can be a monthly award ????

f86sabjf
04-22-2012, 03:07 PM
having a bad day:ninja:

Thumper13
04-22-2012, 04:39 PM
Nah,just forgot to take a Xanax this morning.

f86sabjf
04-22-2012, 05:36 PM
mmm I went on a 4mile hike . I need one of those please

Thumper13
04-23-2012, 07:50 AM
mmm I went on a 4mile hike . I need one of those please

You might be better off with a Percocet. I gotz lots of extras now that I am not taking them

Phatmiata
04-23-2012, 10:04 AM
They probably don't want members to post a link to this site via other Miata forums, as its rather frowned upon. Its kinda like if you are in a Store at the check out isle and tell the customer in front of you that the same Blue-Ray or DVD is 50% off at the competing store. While you are trying to help educate the guy in line, the store owner is not going to like you very much my .02 cents.

That said you can always talk to the guy outside the store, or whisper in his/her ear. ;p

WASABI
04-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Yeah, let's get along with other sites!!!! That being said, I DID find out that m.net even swaps out the mazdaroadster's address in private messages too. I PM'd a friend to let them know that I would be posting a future run's times and meeting location on our site, and he PM'd back saying "Why did you write miata. net twice" I looked back at the PM, and sure enough mazdaroadster name was swapped out to miata. net!

-Jim

Phatmiata
04-23-2012, 10:19 AM
that is probably a swear word filter (swaps one word for another of their choosing).
Interesting that they feel we are that much of a threat being such a young forum.

Grumpy
04-23-2012, 10:39 AM
The pm swap was unintentional according to Gary. He did not realize the filter would apply to pms as well as the main part of the forums. I asked him about it a couple months ago.

Thumper13
04-23-2012, 01:38 PM
horse hockey pucks. EACH site has it's strong points. Here is a noob from Bradenton area that needs some wrenching help and no one spoke up. I mentioned the Gearheads and the Tampa area guys,told him the best way to get Tampa is here@ mazdaroadster.net. Cocksuckers wouldn't let me put us on the post.

WASABI
04-23-2012, 01:57 PM
horse hockey pucks...Cocksuckers wouldn't let me put us on the post.

Now, we don't know their sexual orientation, nor do we want to disparage another site. So let's just keep it as a m.net's preference NOT to have cross site promotion. Let's try to keep the insults under wraps.

Having said that, it seems to be intentional, as, you can't even link the mazdaroadster address to a word.... example (http://www.mazdaroadster.net)

NAautoxer
04-23-2012, 02:57 PM
mazda roadster dot net.. how hard is that?

The Driver
04-23-2012, 03:05 PM
mazda roadster dot net.. How hard is that?

ftw! :d

Thumper13
04-23-2012, 05:00 PM
mazda roadster dot net.. how hard is that?

There's always a genius in the bunch,it worked.

p.s. There was never a mention of sexual orientation, well maybe just a little.

Phatmiata
04-23-2012, 05:22 PM
edited your title a bit, just trying to keep things civil here.

I don't have any problems with the other forums, and would like to keep it that way. :mrgreen:

Phatmiata
04-23-2012, 06:13 PM
The solution to all your wordfiltered URLs:
http://tinyurl.com/

Use sparingly.

Here is another option!

Agent☣Orange
04-23-2012, 06:39 PM
I guess that explains why my competing Internet venture: diminutiveURL was a flop.

Thumper13
04-23-2012, 06:50 PM
edited your title a bit, just trying to keep things civil here.

I don't have any problems with the other forums, and would like to keep it that way. :mrgreen:

Wussy :P Me civil :angry: ya gotta be kidding.

Yata,that's a great likeness of you.

Spinnywhoosh
04-26-2012, 10:01 AM
HA, I see what you were talkin about at the meet last night, PHAT. Some funny stuff that this site name would be filtered and switched.. I thought you were talking about Google organic seaches, someone searches mazdaroadster.net and gets miata.net hit first.