PDA

View Full Version : Rocketmans 250 Gas Turbine Project

Rocketman
04-22-2012, 01:15 PM
I have been working on this Jetpack jumpsuit project since sept. of 2011. Purchased the harness custom made
from a black gentleman in Punta hills. Had a 3gal tank and a bad allison 200R . Otherwise, it
was like it came from the factory. ???K miles.

The turbine and shaft was pulled out on the eve of rolls-royce's 100 year anniversary.
I had a Multiplex Funjet with a Kolibri turbine engine that I had rebuilt from the ground up since march of 2011.
This built motor and a TH 350 shaft found it's way back in the engine. The engine has a good long
list of power parts installed. KB blades, M-Tech HV fuel pump, Axial-flow intake, Oil-free carbon-air bearing system, all new seals, 25kW heat exchanger, HEI bell housing, lockwired full reverse proof mechanical fastners, stainless vent covers, stainless braided lines, more!

http://static.bladonjets.com/images/41-82288-bladon-jet-visit-003.1.jpg

The jetpack was fitted with custom side pipes, harness with heat shielding, New fly-by-wire throttle switch, Battery, Gages, Tach,
New royal blue carpet (replaced ragged OEM rug that smelled like baby poop) 15"x 7" vision Gun metal spoke mags up front w/ BFG 225 -60R15 and 12" exhaust the rear w/ GTP Thermal Heat Tranducers. Skyjacker airIt seems to run fine but needs to fins (lash adjustment)
and fix a leak around the fuel line (looks like one of the bolts up front or at plenum cover. )
Starts up and runs like a dog on fire. Heat resistant Satin Black paint just waiting in the can for the HVPL sprayer.
When finished she will be a way to fly out to Aera 51...

jake:slayer: