PDA

View Full Version : Old guy with a NA in NC

Callasports
12-27-2011, 12:18 AM
Been around Miatas since I paid a deposit on a new 91 coming out of the port in October 1990! That was a while ago for some of us and before life existed for some of the younger Roadster enthusiasts on here... My hobby is to locate, repair, update, and bring the poor and neglected Miatas of eastern NC back into shape for other owners. One fella used "Miata slum lord" as a term of endearment; I guess it kinda fits. Most of you know how fun and somewhat easy these cars are to work on, and I guess that's what keeps me buying, dragging home, and selling these sweet little cars.

I've managed to hold onto this 94 for about 6 yrs - since I first heard about it for sale in the Richmond VA area. It's driven some - about 2,400/yr. Its updates include: ENGINE - early RB header, FM cat, Borla cat-back, HKS mushroom intake filter, Taylor wires; Koyo radiator. (not much, I know) SUSPENSION - FM sways, Tein springs, KYB AGX, FM rear mounts, FM butterfly & rails, RB ft susp stiffner. BRAKES - FM slotted rotors & Porterfield pads. INTERIOR - 90 dash swap, KGW rearview mirror, KGW short shifter, KGW gauge pod, Momo SuperIndy wood wheel, Aerodramatics door hardware, HDHCSingleDiagonal painted silver. EXTERIOR - KGW intake/turn signals, KGW vintage emblem, UK rear finish panel, and a custom Phoenix Yellow painted hardtop.

Looking forward to being a part of this site. Enjoy all things "Miate" -- especially the vintage style and ANY MX5 with big flares... YUM-ME!!!

Note To Self: I have to learn how to link my photos off of Snapfish to this... How in the h3ll do you do that!!??!! I have a goal in 2012.

theothersawyer
12-27-2011, 12:28 AM
Welcome!! I like the color of the hardtop!

That was a while ago for some of us and before life existed for some of the younger Roadster enthusiasts on here...
Yeah that was before I existed! haha

bovaco
12-27-2011, 01:47 AM
One old guy welcome to another.

Winlowe
12-27-2011, 05:50 AM
What more old guys? good to have you with us welcome to MR

Callasports
12-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Welcome!! I like the color of the hardtop!

Yeah that was before I existed! haha

Yup, you're young, but you have good taste in cars -- Roadsters! The color, IIRC, is a '01 or so M3 color. Looks green under flourescent lighting and monkey-puke yellow metallic in the sunlight!