PDA

View Full Version : Popular spring rates for sliding

jdmfc3s90
12-27-2011, 01:46 PM
Good day Miataroadster, just like the title says, I'm here to see what spring rates the sliders are using. Im aware for the most part a softer spring rate is used with higher power machines. Most of the coilover world will come with a standard 8kg/mm front and 6kg/mm. My last recent coil over was the mono flex with rates of 10/8. I did enjoy the feel and the increased stiffness, however i really felt it took more effort and speed to pitch the car sideways.

Currently i have some 2nd gen stance's with a 8/6 rate. Definitely a lot softer the monos. Should i look to keep the 8/6 combo or step up for 10/8. The car will be kept at lower power ( no more 200hp) Any feed back would be great.

zoom
01-02-2012, 11:37 PM
Throw a thicker rear sway bar on for drifting if you haven't already. If that doesn't help then try slightly higher rates (10/8) if staying with Stances.

Caoboy
01-04-2012, 03:50 PM
I think most of those kids are on the 8/6 OTS rates with stance.

I say play around with the car now, and see how you like it. Then make your judgement before switching rates.

Leeroy
01-08-2012, 06:50 AM
I've had more luck with my old set of stances at 8/6 than my current megans at 10/8 when it comes to going sideways. Do you know anyone that has 10/8 ratios on their car that you could possibly try with?