PDA

View Full Version : Gold colored emblems, door handles, etc.

fjmiller99
06-13-2012, 07:38 PM
I am new to this blog and have a question which may help me in finding certain parts. I have a Laguna Blue 94 Miata, C package. It's a great little car (my daughter actually has possession of it) but it has a lot of gold on it's accessories. The door handles, the latches for the hardtop, the Miata and Mazda emblems on the rear of the car and even the BBS wheels are about 90% gold color. The fellow I bought it from last year said it was like this when he bought it three years prior. It doesn't appear to be cheaply plated since none of it is flaking at all. Does anyone know about an option like this on the 94 Miata? And does anyone know where I could find replacement parts for this option?

urban
06-13-2012, 08:28 PM
can we get pics ?

Phatmiata
06-14-2012, 08:33 AM
That was a dealer option, however it was not a Mazda option. Basically the dealer ships would hire a automotive contractor to come in a treat the chrome parts with some form of chemical which would make the metal look gold. It was a popular fad back in the mid 1990's here in the USA. The dealers loved it becaouse they could tack on an addictional $500 onto the price tag of the new cars.

Im sure there are folks that can still do it for you, but you have to do a lot of searching on the internet.

Urban, you want gold? I have an old photo for you where a guy here in Florida had every inch of chrome on his car changed to gold, even the Racing Beat Style Bars at one point!! :shock: Ill see if I can dig that photo up this weekend.

bedheadben
06-14-2012, 11:33 AM
I have an old photo for you where a guy here in Florida had every inch of chrome on his car changed to gold, even the Racing Beat Style Bars at one point!! :shock: Ill see if I can dig that photo up this weekend.

Now that I want to see! This is new to me that it was ever done on Miata's, some gold trim might look good on a black NA with the right wheels haha.

drv2fst
06-14-2012, 11:37 AM
I've only seen the gold treatment on 2 BRG's on the same day parked about 200 yds from each other !

Phatmiata
06-14-2012, 02:03 PM
Now that I want to see! This is new to me that it was ever done on Miata's, some gold trim might look good on a black NA with the right wheels haha.

Well you will LOVE this one then!! hahahaha

dustin a
06-14-2012, 05:55 PM
I want pics :)

kung fu jesus
06-15-2012, 07:12 AM
I am new to this blog and have a question which may help me in finding certain parts. I have a Laguna Blue 94 Miata, C package. It's a great little car (my daughter actually has possession of it) but it has a lot of gold on it's accessories. The door handles, the latches for the hardtop, the Miata and Mazda emblems on the rear of the car and even the BBS wheels are about 90% gold color. The fellow I bought it from last year said it was like this when he bought it three years prior. It doesn't appear to be cheaply plated since none of it is flaking at all. Does anyone know about an option like this on the 94 Miata? And does anyone know where I could find replacement parts for this option?

Did you buy this car in Socal? Does it have a tan interior? Just curious, I may know this car. Nothing bad to say, just curious.

Phat speaks the truth. It's a dealer option, like the "gold package" you see on '90's Camrys and Accords.

Phatmiata
06-17-2012, 07:26 PM
here is one that has a lot of gold stuff.

http://xpesrx.com/miata/introM.htm

drv2fst
06-17-2012, 07:29 PM
Wow, so far overboard !:fp:

bedheadben
06-18-2012, 02:54 PM
I kinda like that black one except for the antenna. :D

I<3flippyheadlights
06-18-2012, 04:41 PM
I love how all of the gold stuff is an upgrade. Is this the car you made fun of when it was for sale and you said, "with 50 % less gold!"?

Phatmiata
06-23-2012, 06:54 AM
I love how all of the gold stuff is an upgrade. Is this the car you made fun of when it was for sale and you said, "with 50 % less gold!"?

No, that one will put this one to shame. I need to find those pictures. :toomuch:

I<3flippyheadlights
06-23-2012, 10:04 AM
Are you kidding me?!