PDA

View Full Version : Garage Vary eyelids for NB2?

Traveler
06-18-2012, 04:28 PM
So the GV eyelids (NB) I've seen are listed as "1999-2000". I've seen eyelids on NB2's and kinda think these look a bit different; or maybe they're the same ones sold as 1999-2000, idk. So does an NB GV eyelid for 01-05 exist? If not, will the 99-00 version fit well on the 01-05 lenses? Finally, any suggestions on where to buy them at decent prices?

Agent☣Orange
06-18-2012, 07:21 PM
They do indeed come in 01-05 flavor.

What's your idea of decent prices?

Traveler
06-18-2012, 11:15 PM
Well, I've seen the 99-00 lids at $130 and I've seen them at $200. So I guess I'm gonna say $130 is decent.....?

Do you know anywhere they're available at all?

Agent☣Orange
06-18-2012, 11:35 PM
You're pretty much right on. I think I paid $150ish shipped for mine but can't remember where I got them. It's been a while and I still haven't installed them. I've been waiting to someday paint the insides of my lights black and then polish the lenses.

Phatmiata
06-19-2012, 12:29 AM
YY, can you post a photo of yours installed?

Agent☣Orange
06-19-2012, 12:34 AM
They're still in the packaging they came in. I still have to remove my lights (hence wheels, fender liner, front bumper), bake 'em, separate 'em, paint them black inside, polish the lenses, etc. It's an ordeal I thought I'd wait for fall or winter to do.

Pretty nice though. Photos don't do them justice as they're pretty thick and heavy.

RetroModern
06-19-2012, 12:49 AM
awesome, im not the only one with GV eye lids sitting in the closet for years. lol

Traveler
06-19-2012, 03:41 AM
Well if one of you two lazy bums would just sell me yours, I'd actually put them on my car!

Actually, i should confess that I just painted my calipers last week . . . after buying the paint nearly 4 years ago and going back and forth ever since on whether I really wanted to do it :/ (I'm happy with the result!).

But the eyelids, I'm truly excited about and would do immediately! Sell me your eyelids!

EDIT: I just found them at R-Speed, listed for $135 - I'll just have to call in the morning and see if they really have them in stock.

Traveler
06-19-2012, 08:58 AM
NOPE. It was an old version of R-Speeed's page that google led me to. They don't have them. :/ Still looking.

Martin
06-19-2012, 09:26 AM
Rev9 has them listed for $199 http://rev9autosport.com/garage-vary-eye-lid.html

Agent☣Orange
06-19-2012, 06:49 PM
I'll sell mine for a little less than that shipped. I'm in no rush to do all that work and can reorder them later.

Traveler
06-19-2012, 08:58 PM
A friend with a bunch of Garage Vary parts on his car referred me to http://www.tetsuyagarage.com, where I've found them for $165 shipped (click on "new selection" and then "garage vary"). The "Contact/order" link leads to a big, nearly blank page, nothing but an email address. I emailed them this morning, but no response yet.

Yellow, you said yours are in the original packaging, which I assume means they're unpainted. Includes whatever paperwork/instructions came with them? Would you be willing to match that $165? Seeing as you would have to buy them later at an uncertain price, you may not want to, understandable, but I've decided I'm willing to buy at that price either from them or from you.

psulja
06-19-2012, 10:53 PM
They're still in the packaging they came in. I still have to remove my lights (hence wheels, fender liner, front bumper), bake 'em, separate 'em, paint them black inside, polish the lenses, etc. It's an ordeal I thought I'd wait for fall or winter to do.

Pretty nice though. Photos don't do them justice as they're pretty thick and heavy.

You don't have to do all that to remove the lights. I just removed mine from my NB to clean up the insides. There's two bolts on top of the headlight, and 4 that hold the bumper skin on right beside the headlights in front of the radiator. Undo those bolts, pull the bumper skin forward a little bit at the top and slide the headlights out. Unless that completely changed on the NB2, in which case, ignore me.

Agent☣Orange
06-20-2012, 12:53 AM
A friend with a bunch of Garage Vary parts on his car referred me to http://www.tetsuyagarage.com, where I've found them for $165 shipped (click on "new selection" and then "garage vary"). The "Contact/order" link leads to a big, nearly blank page, nothing but an email address. I emailed them this morning, but no response yet.

Yellow, you said yours are in the original packaging, which I assume means they're unpainted. Includes whatever paperwork/instructions came with them? Would you be willing to match that $165? Seeing as you would have to buy them later at an uncertain price, you may not want to, understandable, but I've decided I'm willing to buy at that price either from them or from you.

A little discussion about private items for sale is fine but when it gets down to the details, it's better to take it to PM. But yeah, I don't mind selling them because I'm not going to tackle the other stuff for a few months. Not exactly price matching but within $10 because I have to eat the PayPal fees. Anyway, if you want 'em, I have 'em right here in FL ready to go.

I actually have a another new set for NB1 to sell as well, long story, my fault.

You don't have to do all that to remove the lights. I just removed mine from my NB to clean up the insides. There's two bolts on top of the headlight, and 4 that hold the bumper skin on right beside the headlights in front of the radiator. Undo those bolts, pull the bumper skin forward a little bit at the top and slide the headlights out. Unless that completely changed on the NB2, in which case, ignore me.

I have that Mazdaspeed front spoiler to mount too and it needs painting as does my rough looking front bumper so I'm just going to remove it and send both to paint at once. Thanks for the tips though.

Mexican_Guy
06-20-2012, 06:48 PM
for a moment.. i read "Garage Vary eyelids for NC2?"

i was... happy :(

Traveler
06-20-2012, 07:00 PM
Yellow Yata - PM sent.

psulja
06-20-2012, 11:46 PM
I have that Mazdaspeed front spoiler to mount too and it needs painting as does my rough looking front bumper so I'm just going to remove it and send both to paint at once. Thanks for the tips though.

Oh okay, that makes more sense, just didn't want you to go through a bunch of extra steps if they weren't needed, but I guess they are anyways.. Don't tempt me with those NB1 eyelids lol!

Agent☣Orange
06-21-2012, 12:14 AM
Going to take my fenders off too so I can readjust my doors and finally mount those Boss Frog fender braces I've stuck in my closet for a couple years.

Come to think of it, they're sitting right next to those brand new, factory sealed, beautiful GV NB1 eyelids I have no use for and that could be mailed from the US within a day. I mean, not trying to tempt you or anything.

psulja
06-21-2012, 12:17 AM
Going to take my fenders off too so I can readjust my doors and finally mount those Boss Frog fender braces I've stuck in my closet for a couple years.

Come to think of it, they're sitting right next to those brand new, factory sealed, beautiful GV NB1 eyelids I have no use for and that could be mailed from the US within a day. I mean, not trying to tempt you or anything.

Stop it! I have a big enough shopping list as it is for my car right now, I don't need to add anything to it. Someone else buy those eyelids, quick!

RotorNutFD3S
06-21-2012, 12:58 PM
I can post a picture of my car with them to help you decide. lol

psulja
06-22-2012, 01:30 AM
No. Because from what I remember your car looks really clean which will make me want them way more. So; no. lol :(

mini_fd
06-23-2012, 11:17 AM
Sell them to meeee

JonnyD
06-25-2012, 02:11 PM
YY i might be interested in the NB1 GV eyelids and I am just up the road from you.

RetroModern
07-05-2012, 07:39 PM
Well if one of you two lazy bums would just sell me yours, I'd actually put them on my car!
heck no! :D have you any idea how many vultures, scavengers and less then savvy minions ive had to beat with a pipe to retain ownership of these?