PDA

View Full Version : Ryoku Rob Summer Tow Hook Run!!!

Risingsun124
06-21-2012, 12:08 AM
Project-G is proud to announce their first time conducting a group buy with a product other than their own. It’s fitting that it is a product we believe in with a company who’s standards equal what we always strive for ourselves. In fact, we had chosen to run these on our personal vehicles well before we even considered selling them. Ryoku Rob's attention to detail paired with his awesome, proven design had made his tow hooks an all time favorite.

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g337/ProjectGarage2010/Ryoku%20Rob/RobsHooksRed600.jpg

We have received a lot of calls in the past few months for Ryoku Rob’s Tow Hooks. Many may feel Rob just disappeared, but the reality is he has been hard at work trying various other methods to bring you what you guys have been asking for, but at a lower cost. These other resources could not deliver the quality he was after. Choosing quality over a cheaper product, he has decided to stick with what has worked for him in the past.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b295/robjbahr/DSC_3334.jpg

For this run there will be 3 colors offered: Red, Gold, and Black. Raw is available for $5 less. All will come with his etching as well.

Custom colors are available for an additional charge. Each custom color will be $65, but if more people would like the same color, the cost will be divided across the number of sets.

Example for custom color:
1 Set = $65 additional charge
2 Sets = $33 additional charge
3 Sets = $22 additional charge

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g337/ProjectGarage2010/Ryoku%20Rob/RobHookRearRV.jpg

We were ready to launch this group buy a few weeks back, but Rob decided to make a design change after some testing on the rear tow hook. The previous design was slightly taller where it makes it way under the rear bumper. On a stock height car it didn’t make a difference, but once he started testing on Project-G’s red miata, there was too much loss of ground clearance. It was apparent it was an issue. Now he has introduced a new design and has gained another 5/16” of clearance and it made a definite difference. Now that it has been fully tested, Ryoku Rob feels it's now ready to bring it to the public.

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g337/ProjectGarage2010/Ryoku%20Rob/RobHookRearDetail.jpg

Above is the new design. There are 3 mounting positions: Standard Stock Bumper, R-Package Rear Lip, and Custom Cut Bumper.

Each order comes as a set with both front and rear tow hook sets, and includes all the necessary hardware.

Pricing:
$75 NA Set (Front and Rear w/ Mounting Hardware)
$85 NB Set (Front and Rear w/ Mounting Hardware)

Shipping:
$5 flat rate Con US.
$14 flat rate International
Local Pickup Available

Please send a PM (To Risingsun124) titled “Ryoku Rob Tow Hooks” and provide the following information:
1. Product Configuration. Example - (NA / Red)
2. Preferred Contact Email Address
3. Full Name
4. Shipping Address
5. Contact Phone Number (Cell Preferred)

Once we have your information, you will receive a request for funds via paypal from: Payments@projectgla.com

This is going to be a limited run of 30 sets of NA and 30 sets of NB.

Production has already started and we expect to start shipping them Monday, July 16, 2012.

Custom Color Request:
Purple is the only other color we have had requested. Here is a shot from a previous group buy. Right now we have a few people interested, so if you are interested, let us know so we can get a final price before anodizing.
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g337/ProjectGarage2010/Ryoku%20Rob/RyokuRobPurple.jpg

NA / Red

NA / Gold
1. miatadriver -Paid REAR ONLY

NA / Black
1. Willywongka - Paid REAR ONLY

NA / Raw

NB / Red

NB / Gold

NB / Black

NB / Raw

paulsk
06-21-2012, 01:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7o5Tvd641Q

Willywongka
06-21-2012, 04:14 AM
I bought a set from a group buy a little while back so I don't really want to buy a whole new set. Can I just buy the rear towhook (in black)? My rear towhook slams into the ground once in a while. Thanks.

Risingsun124
06-21-2012, 02:27 PM
We can definitely accommodate you. I need to check pricing, but this is something that can be handled.

RyokuRob
06-22-2012, 10:03 AM
Meow =0_o= LoL

Risingsun124
06-22-2012, 10:18 AM
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g337/ProjectGarage2010/Ryoku%20Rob/RobHookFrontMountedRed.jpg

Front shot mounted on a dirty NA

Risingsun124
06-25-2012, 06:13 PM
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g337/ProjectGarage2010/Ryoku%20Rob/RyokuRobCuts.jpg

Product Update:
Just picked up from being cut. Now onto machining, then anodizing.
Get the Raw orders in ASAP.

Just got single item pricing locked down as well:
Single Front Tow Hook NA or NB - $40
Single Rear Tow Hook NA - $40
Single Rear Tow Hook NB - $50

Willywongka
06-26-2012, 12:36 PM
I want a single rear tow hook for NA. I would like anodized blue but if it is 65 bucks extra I'll just get the anodized black instead. Please let me know, thanks!

theothersawyer
06-26-2012, 05:18 PM
The downfalls of having aftermarket front and rear bumpers. I really need to notch my front bumper to allow for a tow hook, since right now I have none :shock:

miatadriver
06-26-2012, 06:49 PM
I'd be down for just a rear gold na also

Risingsun124
06-26-2012, 06:53 PM
I want a single rear tow hook for NA. I would like anodized blue but if it is 65 bucks extra I'll just get the anodized black instead. Please let me know, thanks!

I can put you on the list for Blue and see what the response is. There may very well be people thinking the very same thing.

JonnyD
06-27-2012, 10:38 AM
I like the idea of blue too, but I can't justify the extra $ for custom color. The raw color is it the silver color?

RyokuRob
06-27-2012, 11:37 AM
^yes

i tell you this, if you get 8 sets down that all want blue whether it be NA or NB i'll eat the extra cost. :mrgreen:

Risingsun124
06-29-2012, 06:55 PM
Possible Custom Color

Custom Color Request:
Purple is the most requested custom color we have had so far. Here is a shot from a previous group buy. Right now we have a few people interested, so if you are interested, let us know so we can get a final price before anodizing.
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g337/ProjectGarage2010/Ryoku%20Rob/RyokuRobPurple.jpg

Right now we have 3 people interested in this color. If you are interested, please let us know before Monday, July 2, 2012, so we can finalize a price.

JonnyD
06-30-2012, 06:33 AM
I would go with purple instead of blue if there are more parties interested.

94R
07-03-2012, 06:40 PM
^yes

i tell you this, if you get 8 sets down that all want blue whether it be NA or NB i'll eat the extra cost. :mrgreen:

I might be in for a set of blues if the extra custom colour charge is waived :)

Willywongka
07-04-2012, 03:25 AM
I am in for a blue rear towhook that is R-package compatible for the NA. I've been waiting for Risingsun to PM me back on the details.

If we can't get the price down on a blue I'm just gonna get a black one and call it a day.

Risingsun124
07-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Ok, in this thread there are 3 blue requests now. Since we are going to anodize a week later than expected, we may be able to slip this in. Right now you guys are at $22 additional to get blue. Talk to me guys!

Risingsun124
07-16-2012, 11:50 AM
UPDATE:

We now have the Raw sets in our hands, but we are waiting on the hardware from RyokuRob. As soon as we get that, we will get them shipped out.

Colors - Since the anodizing got set back a week due to the holiday, the eta is a week back. I am waiting to hear from Rob as to the status, but he has assured me we are on track. I'm as excited as you guys to get them in. I'm not sure as to what colors will be available, but I will be trying to get that info today.

Risingsun124
07-18-2012, 09:11 AM
Update:

As many of you may know, Project-G is a 2 man show for the time being. As of Monday, Joe is out of town for 2 weeks so we were already running thin here. Yesterday, I was hit with a family emergency and will be tending to that. I will be spending a lot of time at the hospital, but I will do my very best to keep things rolling. I am aware of upcoming ship dates and pending deals, and I will do my very best to make these all happen. However, I do foresee delays in these areas.

Parts - I will do what I can, when I can, but without being at the shop to physically check inventory I'm sure it will prove to be impossible to provide the level of service we strive for.

Please bear with me.

Thanks,
Steve
Project-G

Risingsun124
07-20-2012, 11:50 AM
Thanks everyone for the well wishes and understanding. The PM's and emails were unexpected and very much appreciated. My bro is doing better and it looks like we are past the initial critical stage. I am working to get things back on track here, but really I'm mentally drained. If all goes as planned, I should be back on it in the next day or so.

Thanks again,
Steve

SM16RMSM
07-20-2012, 02:04 PM
Are you still taking orders, and when does it end?

RyokuRob
07-23-2012, 11:59 AM
FYI: Colored hooks are on the rubber racks at the Anodizers. (drying maybe? IDK) Still not released yet to me yet, sorry for the delays.

thanks
Rob

Risingsun124
07-30-2012, 12:31 PM
SHIPPED!!!
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g337/ProjectGarage2010/Ryoku%20Rob/TowHookPrep.jpg

Packaged and shipped! If you are doing local pick-up, your RyokuRob Tow Hooks are here waiting for you.

Thanks to everyone for being prompt with your information and payments.

Willywongka
08-01-2012, 04:54 PM
If I knew there were gonna be etched writing around the circular hook area I would have requested having one without any writing on it. Aside from that, great quality!

Risingsun124
08-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Sorry for the delay on this part of the group buy. Since this run had a set number of pieces, we can only do what we can. So to explain it as simply as possible, I will be taking orders in the order they are received. This includes the other forums this group buy is in effect on as well.

Rather than to keep inventory here in the threads, I will just let you guys know what is available or not. I will update available colors and configs as they sell out. I anticipate many will sell out immediately. This means don't sleep on this if there is a particular set or color you have your eye on.

ALL REMAINING TOW HOOKS ARE ETCHED, with the exception of the Raw Sets.

When you PM me, please list which pieces you would like. For example, 1 red front, 1 red NB rear. They are all loose pieces, but the "Set" discount still applies. Also, you can fit up to 4 pieces for 1 shipped payment.

Here's the list:

Raw NA SET

Front (NA or NB)
Red
Gold
Black
Purple

Rear NA (New Style)
Purple

Rear NA (Early Style)
Red
Gold
Black
Purple

Rear NB
Red
Gold
Black
Purple

Risingsun124
08-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Updated List:

ALL REMAINING TOW HOOKS ARE ETCHED

When you PM me, please list which pieces you would like. For example, 1 red front, 1 red NB rear. They are all loose pieces, but the "Set" discount still applies. Also, you can fit up to 4 pieces for 1 shipped payment.

Here's the list:

Front (NA or NB)
Red
Gold
Black
Purple

Rear NA (Early Style)
Gold
Black
Purple

Rear NB
Red
Gold
Black
Purple

Risingsun124
08-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Updated List:

ALL REMAINING TOW HOOKS ARE ETCHED

Here's the list:

Front (NA or NB)
Red
Gold
Black
Purple

Rear NA (Early Style)
Gold
Black

Rear NB
Red
Gold
Black
Purple

Risingsun124
08-18-2012, 07:47 PM
UPDATE:

Here's what's left at the moment. They are moving fast, so get in while you can.

ALL SETS ARE ETCHED. ANY questions regarding non-etched in this batch will be ignored.

Front NA and NB
Red
Black
Gold

Rear NA
Early style:
Gold
Black
New style:
Purple

Rear NB
Purple
Red
Black
Gold

Complete Set:
Red NA (New Rear)

Risingsun124
08-21-2012, 11:34 AM
UPDATE:

Here's what's left at the moment. They are moving fast, so get in while you can.

ALL SETS ARE ETCHED. ANY questions regarding non-etched in this batch will be ignored.

Front NA and NB
Black
Gold

Rear NB
Purple
Red
Black
Gold