PDA

View Full Version : Ever get flamed on about how small...

Gene Rodriguez
06-23-2012, 11:54 PM
HAHAHA I bet im not the only one that gets flamed on about how small the Miatas are.
I honestly can care less about it they obviously don't know the values i have for it and why i like it.
For one i grew up with mazdas once i am able to put a rotary in the miata its over aha...

TELL US YOUR STORIES ETC.

http://i.imgur.com/poOWD.png

psulja
06-24-2012, 12:16 AM
Never flamed. Get asked why my car is so small, how I can fit in it, if they can watch me get in and out because they don't believe I fit. (I'm not very big so I don't really understand this one :fp: I'm right around 6')

A couple people have told me I should get a bigger car but not much past that. Most friends just say they'd never get one because they don't feel safe in it if they ever got hit by a bigger car/SUV/truck.

Gene Rodriguez
06-24-2012, 12:39 AM
all i hear is oh IM GONNA CRUSH YOUR GOKART blah blah blah...

theothersawyer
06-24-2012, 12:53 AM
People always ask me how I fit in it. (I'm 6'2'') The other day some random guy coming out of McDonald's said "don't you think you're a bit big for that car?" It just always makes me laugh.

Gene Rodriguez
06-24-2012, 12:57 AM
People always ask me how I fit in it. (I'm 6'2'') The other day some random guy coming out of McDonald's said "don't you think you're a bit big for that car?" It just always makes me laugh.

AHAHA im guessing you have a bucket seat to sit lower

theothersawyer
06-24-2012, 12:59 AM
AHAHA im guessing you have a bucket seat to sit lower

Nope, stock seat!

psulja
06-24-2012, 01:24 AM
Yea, at pretty much 6' with the stock seat I still have the seat a click or two forward. Not sure how people have trouble fitting :?

WASABI
06-24-2012, 06:12 AM
I get it all the time... In fact just last night, a group of us leaving dinner and my car being closest to the restaurant, everyone made a point to watch me get in, and laugh as if it was something funny. I assume they were just jealous. :toomuch:

KAL
06-24-2012, 06:44 AM
My girlfriend complains about the size and how impractical («why don't you get a real car») the miata is all the time. all the time.

fitftw
06-24-2012, 08:49 AM
I try to ignore those idiots who have something negative to say about Miatas. They probably have similar unintelligent views on everything else in life, or they don't understand cars. Bikers get it. I never had a biker say something stupid to me about the car.

kung fu jesus
06-24-2012, 09:13 AM
I don't pay attention. But I do agree, I get respect from bikers.

Gene Rodriguez
06-24-2012, 09:23 AM
Miatas are under powered i give them that but either way I like the attention since most my friends don't even drive yet. :teehee:

Gene Rodriguez
06-24-2012, 09:24 AM
plus i cant complain on the turning radius handling and how easy it is to parallel park and park in general

Agent☣Orange
06-24-2012, 09:41 AM
I only get comments and eye rolling from redneck pindicks in lifted F150s. You know the kind...they need a ladder to get in and out and blow $10 in diesel flooring it from light to light just so they can be first to the next red light.

Generally though, because the Miata is so small, everyone behind me feels entitled to ride my ass as if I should get my toy out of their way.

The Driver
06-24-2012, 10:39 AM
About three years ago, in Brandon FL I had a date ask me to stop the car and let her out. She said that the car was too small, to noisy and that it scared her. Good riddance, chick was a bore of the worst kind, and almost made me miss the concert we were heading out to at the Plant City Strawberry Festival (had to wait for her mom to pick her up!) This chick was 31 or 32 at the time! :shock:

:rolleyes:

I<3flippyheadlights
06-24-2012, 11:10 AM
About three years ago, in Brandon FL I had a date ask me to stop the car and let her out. She said that cars was too small and to noisy and that it scared her. Good riddance, chick was bore of the worst kind, and almost made me miss the concert we were heading out to at the Plant City Strawberry Festival (had to wait for her mom to pick her up)! This chick was 31 or 32 at the time! :shock:

Wow what a fail

Anyway, I get shit all the time. Car is gay, car is small, how do you fit, why do you drive a go kart, etc. So yes, all the damn time. In fact when I left work yesterday, a group of ladies started to stare at me as I got in my car. They were so perplexed at how I was getting in.

Gene Rodriguez
06-24-2012, 01:26 PM
I only get comments and eye rolling from redneck pindicks in lifted F150s. You know the kind...they need a ladder to get in and out and blow $10 in diesel flooring it from light to light just so they can be first to the next red light.

Generally though, because the Miata is so small, everyone behind me feels entitled to ride my ass as if I should get my toy out of their way.

Right on point those rednecks AHA that made me laugh:toomuch:

Gene Rodriguez
06-24-2012, 01:27 PM
About three years ago, in Brandon FL I had a date ask me to stop the car and let her out. She said that the car was too small, to noisy and that it scared her. Good riddance, chick was a bore of the worst kind, and almost made me miss the concert we were heading out to at the Plant City Strawberry Festival (had to wait for her mom to pick her up!) This chick was 31 or 32 at the time! :shock:

:toomuch:

DK Wolf
06-24-2012, 01:42 PM
i used to get made fun of for having a miata.... so i got an fd.

but it honestly is an excuse to talk Shit and have a laugh.

theothersawyer
06-24-2012, 02:16 PM
I love when I park next to a curb and then to unlock the door I stand on the curb and I have to bend down to unlock it!

The Driver
06-24-2012, 02:19 PM
:toomuch:

It's all good. Where one chick got out, there were at least a dozen to replace her... ;)

Gene Rodriguez
06-24-2012, 02:37 PM
I love when I park next to a curb and then to unlock the door I stand on the curb and I have to bend down to unlock it!

especially when your on coils :D

tsingson
07-12-2012, 10:38 PM
I have yet to get flamed on for driving a miata but i get messed with by teenagers that are always trying to race me. I just dont give a shit.

gapmiatas
07-12-2012, 10:45 PM
Had some jacka$$ pull up beside me in a C3 Vette one day and tell me "Your blades are spinning. Oh, I'm sorry, I thought that was a lawnmower."

And got pulled over once in Alcoa, TN and the officer said that my car was the first he'd ever pulled over that made him feel tall.

Agent☣Orange
07-12-2012, 11:16 PM
Shoulda told the douche "nice Winnebago"

kung fu jesus
07-13-2012, 06:31 AM
Try parking next to an Elise or an MG Sprite. Your Miata will look bigger. :)

gapmiatas
07-13-2012, 07:23 AM
My first car was a 68 MG Midget. Only car I've ever been able to open the passenger door from the driver's seat without leaning over.

Martin
07-13-2012, 09:02 AM
Recently in a parking lot I got out of my car and immediately stepped up onto the curb. A guy walking toward me, but still on the passenger side, stopped and loudly asked, "How did you get in that thing?" I'm 6' and 215lbs so standing on that curb next to my tiny, lowered car I must have looked like a giant. :lol:

Dweezil
07-13-2012, 09:11 AM
I don't know that I've ever gotten flamed or anything regarding any of my Miatas past or present. I will say, I don't think I could get by with a Miata as my only car though. Maybe I've just grown thick skin from all the jackasses giving me lip about the sweet Prius I drive as my daily driver. :-) True story.

Martin
07-13-2012, 09:18 AM
I <3 the blue guac

Demon I Am
07-13-2012, 09:19 AM
Try being +300 pounds and driving one. I get comments like that a lot, but I laugh at the idiots. My seat is four clicks from full-back, and I'm nowhere close to rubbing my gut on the wheel.

Dweezil
07-13-2012, 09:55 AM
I have a 300 pound friend that will occasionally ride in mine. We have to take the bikini top off before he can get in because his head makes a big lump in it. It's still aerodynamic, but it looks really bad because it throws the car's symmetry off. ;-)

Gene Rodriguez
07-13-2012, 01:42 PM
Try being +300 pounds and driving one. I get comments like that a lot, but I laugh at the idiots. My seat is four clicks from full-back, and I'm nowhere close to rubbing my gut on the wheel.

its better then a smart atleast aha

Gene Rodriguez
07-13-2012, 01:44 PM
:toomuch::toomuch::toomuch::toomuch:

Recently in a parking lot I got out of my car and immediately stepped up onto the curb. A guy walking toward me, but still on the passenger side, stopped and loudly asked, "How did you get in that thing?" I'm 6' and 215lbs so standing on that curb next to my tiny, lowered car I must have looked like a giant. :lol:

Tekel
07-13-2012, 05:53 PM
I tell people it came with backpack straps if I get stuck in the snow or run out of gas.

kung fu jesus
07-13-2012, 06:33 PM

I'm the same size and have had this happen a few times over the years. People just stare at me. I've gotten a few more questions when they see me get out over the door bars. I actually think the bars make it easier to get out of.

kung fu jesus
07-13-2012, 06:34 PM
I don't know that I've ever gotten flamed or anything regarding any of my Miatas past or present. I will say, I don't think I could get by with a Miata as my only car though. Maybe I've just grown thick skin from all the jackasses giving me lip about the sweet Prius I drive as my daily driver. :-) True story.

It's the 'stache.

f86sabjf
07-13-2012, 07:29 PM
I get the looks all the time down here from the local wannabe rednecks . I just smile and zip away with my 6'3 240lb self.

The other day i pulled up beside a truck on 38in tires with a lift kit and looked up at the guy . He was about my age in his 40's or so. He looked down at me and i said thanks for the shade. He busted a gut and said your welcome. Then he asked me why does everyhone like those cars. I replied "remember when you got to drive a go-kart the first time" ? I get to do that everyday. You could see the light turn on all of a sudden.

Gene Rodriguez
07-13-2012, 07:37 PM
It's the 'stache.

my childish side of me

http://i.imgur.com/2zbVB.jpg?1

SgtSpike
07-14-2012, 01:43 AM
I've never really gotten much grief for the size (of course, mine's still stock height, so that's probably part of it), but do get a "faggot" or "gay" comment here or there. The most recent one was a dude yelling from about 100 feet away, "Hey, don't you know that Miata's are for faggots???"

Really. REALLY?

I just laughed, since he was the rear passenger in a Ford Focus. He hasn't a clue what he's missing out on, and my MSM could kick the tail off of the car he was riding in in any sort of race he could come up with.

Dweezil
07-14-2012, 09:23 AM
my childish side of me

http://i.imgur.com/2zbVB.jpg?1

Brilliant! :teehee:

Gene Rodriguez
07-14-2012, 04:57 PM
I've never really gotten much grief for the size (of course, mine's still stock height, so that's probably part of it), but do get a "faggot" or "gay" comment here or there. The most recent one was a dude yelling from about 100 feet away, "Hey, don't you know that Miata's are for faggots???"

Really. REALLY?

I just laughed, since he was the rear passenger in a Ford Focus. He hasn't a clue what he's missing out on, and my MSM could kick the tail off of the car he was riding in in any sort of race he could come up with.

i honestly love being small :D

Gene Rodriguez
07-14-2012, 04:58 PM
Brilliant! :teehee:

LOL that was to cover my dent on the bumper someone backed into it-_-

Tylerq219
07-27-2012, 12:21 PM
I've never had anyone give me a hard time but I sorta have blinders on when I drive. I have a Zj with 35s, it's always a hoot going from one to the other.

RetroModern
07-27-2012, 02:02 PM
a lot of chicks say they like my car because its cute. i say thanks, youre pretty cute yourself. we usually hook up later for coffee/dinner/etc. if thats the price of being "small" then ill take it.

I<3flippyheadlights
07-27-2012, 11:00 PM
a lot of chicks say they like my car because its cute. i say thanks, youre pretty cute yourself. we usually hook up later for coffee/dinner/etc. if thats the price of being "small" then ill take it.

I say the same thing :P

SM16RMSM
07-28-2012, 10:05 PM
It small since it fast. I leaving you behind on the track.

LoveJoy33
08-05-2012, 12:41 AM
I get it all the time.... people call my car happy frog, go kart, pill box, all kinds of shit..... I just laugh and continue on about my day lol...... They es[ecially get jelly when i get the parking spot they couldnt fit in......

Gene Rodriguez
08-10-2012, 05:29 PM
i always get looks down on ahaa if you know what i mean

debbid
08-10-2012, 05:57 PM
I haven't had anyone say anything negative to me. I have gotten some surprised looks from people. I just laugh it off.

On the other hand, my wife was happy when I got the Miata because it takes up less garage space than the Subaru. It makes it easier for her to get the kid in and out of her car, haha.

Gene Rodriguez
08-27-2012, 12:39 AM
i like how i have to crouch down lower to see a car on my right

targetdrone
10-23-2015, 02:19 PM

I'd have told him, "Aren't you a little old for a Happy Meal?"

kung fu jesus
10-23-2015, 03:20 PM
To random guy:

Your vagina is too big to be wearing man pants.

Agent☣Orange
10-23-2015, 06:53 PM
http://youtu.be/zD0JqFmCrCs

Slipstreem
10-24-2015, 09:34 AM
I've had a couple comments.

Random chick: "Hey cute car!"
Me: "Thanks."
Chick: "I bet your dick is cute too."

Little girl (about 6 or 7 years old): "Mommy mommy mommy! LOOK! It's my size!"

Some random douchebag: "Purple...really?"
Me: "Skinny jeans...really?"

KAL
10-24-2015, 03:28 PM
lol @ cute dick comment!

Paul B
10-25-2015, 11:49 PM
lol @ cute dick comment!

I have gotten the random "you must have a big dick to drive that car."

We ended up hooking up several times.

Gene Rodriguez
10-26-2015, 11:02 PM
the flame has been relit :teehee:

Agent☣Orange
10-27-2015, 12:08 AM
You guys get better comments than I do.

Slipstreem
10-27-2015, 12:45 AM
I have gotten the random "you must have a big dick to drive that car."

We ended up hooking up several times.

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a587/slipstreemz/tumblr_nhu8zd8S5L1qlu364o1_1280_zpsykow8fnr.jpg (http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/slipstreemz/media/tumblr_nhu8zd8S5L1qlu364o1_1280_zpsykow8fnr.jpg.ht ml)