PDA

View Full Version : How are your Miata's doing with all this rain in FL?

JonnyD
06-25-2012, 09:03 AM
I am glad I put my hard top on before we got all this rain.

Here's a crapy cell phone pic through a screened window.

I<3flippyheadlights
06-25-2012, 10:39 AM
Terrible. The inside of my car feels like a damp rag and smells like rotten cheese. My wider wheel and tire combo has my skidding when I hit water. Finally, the inside of my car gets all fogged up no matter what I do. Rain sucks

JonnyD
06-25-2012, 10:52 AM
Rain does suck, I noticed my car didn't do so well on these heavily flooded roads. We have a lot of old roads around here with poor drainage. But at least I have a/c to keep my windows from fogging up.

Pinellas county looks like every road is flooded from the news reports.

blenderblast
06-25-2012, 11:12 AM
I haven't really driven the Miata out yet, but I'm fixing to take a nice drive to work. Hopefully I'll be fine.

f86sabjf
06-25-2012, 11:51 AM
No issues so far but we haven't gotten hammered as bad as the Tampa area over here in Volusia county by Daytona

Johnnie
06-25-2012, 12:06 PM
Scared the bejeezus out of myself getting home yesterday. Waded through some really deep stuff in Clearwater/Palm Harbor (Li'l Stinker's actually a pretty good swimmer, but I don't like it)-- even did a donut-u-turn on a grass median to avoid a really deep spot. Smacked my right front wheel on a hidden curb in a flooded parking lot. Center tunnel insulation got wadded up and was dragging on the prop shaft making a light squeak-squeak noise. Fixed that this morning. The CAI air filter (above the bumper bar in the front end) was slightly damp when I got home. The car sputtered a bit after one especially deep excursion, suggesting I inhaled a little moisture but I didn't fry my o2 sensor this time.

Funkdenomotron
06-27-2012, 05:44 PM
My girl took it like a champ, but I commute on the +town because I love Jimi Hendrix. Years ago during TS (insert name of TS) my friend and I were out to visit another in Hyde Park. Le Funky Villas I think. Anyways we came home on Kennedy/60. Bayshore was dumb flooded. So it is raining like the tears of my enemies after we got out of Tampa and just past the ports on 60. No other cars on the road, just me and youngblood in my 91. We see a flare up ahead. "Dude is that a flare?" We were dumbass 20yo's. "Yeah, but I don't see a wreck or anything, maybe it is residual from an earlier accid......" SPLOOOOOOSH! We then boated across a lake on 60 at 65 MPH using my wheels as rudders. I could not see anything but sploosh, decided to just go straight and see what happens. Ended up right in the middle of the fast lane somehow, and carried on like a muthaflippen baus. "Meant to do that."

Johnnie
06-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Oh, yeah. Miatas can swim. Vivi loves to tell the story of splashing her NA through the flooded out section of West Lake by CR 95. She made it through, dude in the Ram pickup didn't.

Agent☣Orange
06-28-2012, 08:16 PM
Pretty hard on mine this past week being stuck in the garage clean and dry.