PDA

View Full Version : Roll bar/Soft top problem

maharaj
06-27-2012, 07:47 AM
Okay, so here I thought I was helping my car to evolve only to hit a roadblock. I've got a 90 and took the plastic window soft top off and replaced with an OEM soft top off of a 99 with a glass window. Only problem is that now that my Hard Dog Xtreme roll bar is installed it won't close without scatching the hell out of the bar and I have to have someone help me fight the top to get it over the bar. The instructions say "minor adjustment" might be needed and I know that is the same as "some assembly may be required." Has anyone run into this problem? Have any tips?

kung fu jesus
06-27-2012, 07:50 AM
Is one of the top bows hitting the bar?

Did you attach the rear straps of the top, in the corners, to the studs the top attaches to?

A video would REALLY be helpful!

These are the straps I'm talking about:

http://homepage3.nifty.com/gt_lab/car/na8c/photo/soft_top/belt_1.jpg

maharaj
06-27-2012, 11:40 PM
Not one of the bows....BOTH side. I will get pics soon. It isn't even getting over the bar without some manuevering/persuasion.

kung fu jesus
06-28-2012, 07:05 AM
Have you called Bethania Garage about it? If you bought it new, they are pretty good at responding.

imperfekt
11-22-2014, 04:36 AM
In an effort to avoid making a new thread, I hunted down this one which I may also interject a similar fitment question;

I had read that with the center-braced Hard Dog Deuce, it will not allow you to have a glass window soft top. Is this true even with the NB top (smaller window?) and also, I'm aware the NA and NB tops are interchangeable, but is that just the tops, or the frames also? Such as, do I need an NA frame for my NA while stretching an NB top over it, or can I put an NB frame and top on my NA?

Rogue
11-22-2014, 12:39 PM
NA/NB frames are interchangeable but need the corresponding top.
Some glass windows fit with Deuce, but best to measure due to different size windows.
I have 3 Deuces, they're awesome.

kung fu jesus
11-23-2014, 09:29 AM
In an effort to avoid making a new thread, I hunted down this one which I may also interject a similar fitment question;

I had read that with the center-braced Hard Dog Deuce, it will not allow you to have a glass window soft top. Is this true even with the NB top (smaller window?) and also, I'm aware the NA and NB tops are interchangeable, but is that just the tops, or the frames also? Such as, do I need an NA frame for my NA while stretching an NB top over it, or can I put an NB frame and top on my NA?

I cannot speak to the compatibility of the rollbar with an NB top, but yes, a complete NB top (frame and all) fits perfectly on an NA. You may want to change over your NA latches to the NB top as there are a few changes between them that can be a minor issue. I installed an NB top and frame on my NA years ago. It was pretty easy and I didn't have to mess with re-skinning the frame. The glass window is an upgrade for visibility and I think the NB top looks a bit better. The NB top has a 'floating' bow, so lowering it can require you to guide that bow rearward as you do so.